Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Ravens Interested In Colin Kaepernick
Let's all try to keep these arguments football based, and save the partisan political stances for P&R.

There are legitimate football reasons for Kaepernick to be unemployed. I listened to some sports radio guys talking about just that, today. Just so everyone knows, I was listening to "The Locker Room", on ESPN Radio, while driving down to visit my folks today. I'm not a regular listener of the show, so I can't give you actual names of the commentators. However, they made it very obvious that they were trying to avoid the political side of rationalizing Kaepernick's unemployment status, even going so far as to say that the NFL is in denial that that is the reason.

So, the football reasons.

1. He wants too much money. In the Ravens case, they have so much money committed to Flacco, that paying even 8-10M/per wouldn't even be a viable option for at least another two seasons. Bad cap management on the Ravens part, one might say.

2. Does Kaepernick even fit the Ravens Offensive scheme? Heck no. They would have to completely re-write their offensive game plan, in order to come up with something to compliment Kaepernick's physical abilities. And for what, a few weeks or a month or two? Flacco is coming back, he's their cash cow... literally

3. What about the rest of the NFL, why aren't they signing Kaepernick? He's a tremendous physical talent, but his skill set is so narrow. Only a small handful of NFL teams would have a genuine interest in Kaepernick, even if the off field distraction situation was a non-issue. Those teams that would be interested in Kaep, won't want to invest starter money in him, as he appears to put so many other things as a priority in his life, ahead of football.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ravens Interested In Colin Kaepernick - SunsetBengal - 07-30-2017, 04:39 PM