Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Ravens Interested In Colin Kaepernick
I have a totally different take on Kaepernick than most. When he was in the draft, I wanted the Bengals to nab him. Big arm, athletic, ability to run similar to Newton. But, as it turns out; Dalton was and is the better choice. I personally never believed he took a knee to further any "cause, " he brought the spotlight on himself to keep his arse from getting canned last year. It worked, too; sold a ton of uniforms and kept him on the team, but it was a temporary fix; and as with Tebow, it has came down to the ability to fit into a system and be the QB any team would want. The temporary fix bought him a year, but now it's backfired, nobody wants him, and the Ravens may even need him but can't afford any real QB largely because of overpaying Flacco. Any sport, any business, not only wants you to be the best at your job; but they all pretty much want you to be all about the team while doing it. Do I think he still has the ability to lead a team and maybe even be an above average QB? Maybe he does, but he put himself in the position he's in now; and I don't feel sorry for him. I don't think any team "owes" him an opportunity to show his skills. I still think Terrell Owens could have helped a few teams, but nobody wanted him either; and he too brought it on himself. Owens brought it on himself as well, albeit a different kind of reason for teams not wanting to deal with him. The NFL is a workplace, and like any workplace; you're better keeping politics and religion out of it; express your political views outside of work in the appropriate places.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ravens Interested In Colin Kaepernick - Bengalsrob - 08-01-2017, 03:47 PM