Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Ravens Interested In Colin Kaepernick
(08-15-2017, 02:37 PM)kevin Wrote: GREAT POINT....I never called French Fries as Freedom Fries. Many did 10 or 15 years ago. I did not.  France did not attack us on 9/11/2001.  I did not call French Toast as Freedom Toast, or French Kiss as a Freedom Kiss or French's Mustard as Freedom Mustard.  Still, as I continued to say French Fries, some were all over me as UnAmerican for not saying Freedom Fries.   A year or so ago when Paris attacked by terrorists Americans put up the French Flag on their Avatar Computer Pictures as background.  I did go on internet and ask how many now using the French Flag not long ago refused to use the words French Fries and called them Freedom Fries.  Freedom Fries is too George Orwell book 1984 of Victory Cigarettes and Victory Gin.  I'll also say I liked in baseball that in the 7th inning stretch they played Take Me Out To The Ball Game.  Even in World War I and World War II and Korea and Vietnam they played Take Me Out To The Ball Game.  You start the game with the National Anthem. After 9/11 they added God Bless America to 7th inning. I feel like I'm at a Political Rally.  The Cubs still put the focus on Take Me Out To The Ball Game in 7th Inning, and I wish other teams would. It's a ball game, not a Political Rally. ......The other day KKK and Nazis denounced yesterday by The President caused deaths of a woman and 2 State Troopers. The President denounced these and all HATE GROUPS and said they have no place in the USA.   So there have been deaths over the last few years by HATE GROUPS.  Kaepernick not joining in on The National Anthem caused no deaths. During Vietnam I saw some at ball games refuse to stand during National Anthem, but I did  I myself do NOT sing God Bless America in the 7th inning stretch but if played I do sing Take Me Out To The Ball Game.  I never called French Fries as Freedom Fries.  .....From what I saw, Kaepernick can still quarterback and win football games. NFL teams are crazy not to use him. Miami just lost their QB for the year. Others will also.  I think the Bengals are pretty set this year at QB.  There are NFL teams though that are not set at QB and are crazy not to bring in a QB like Kaepernick. I also think RG3 was poorly used as too much of a runner, as most black QB's are, and it got the top draft pick very injured. I have often said that the idea that white QB's throw and black QB's run is stupid, and why so many black QBs are getting injured running into NFL Defenses. Yes, Elway took off and ran sometimes, but he was not like a running back as most black QB's are used. Elways prime job was to throw the ball.   In the 1960's Blacks were considered too stupid to QB in the NFL.  The NFL has only progressed to using black QB's as an extra running back, which is getting thm very injured. Black QB's are all expected to be like a running back. The NFL has not came that far from the 1960's.  A QB's prime objective in the NFL is to throw, no matter his color.  The NFL Defenses will let a QB scramble once, maybe twice, but the third time he runs in the game they put him in the hospital. Once you cross that line you are a running back, and defenses are not going to let a QB run, run, run, they need their paychecks also. RG3 was coached and used as a runner and got injured, and Cam Newton gets injured running way too much. They both can throw, the coaches should have let them throw more and run less. ...It was Dick Butkis who was asked why QB's don't run more in the NFL, and he said because me and the other defensive players would put them in the hospital because we need our paychecks also.  Looking at RG3 injured as a running QB, I think Mr Butkis is still right on that.
'

Cheeto?   Mellow
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ravens Interested In Colin Kaepernick - SteelCitySouth - 08-16-2017, 10:32 AM