Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boomer: 'There's no head coaching candidate on the staff'
(11-19-2017, 05:56 PM)Synric Wrote: Meh I think it's unfair to judge PG really. In his time as the DC the Bengals have had only one solid year of offense, but the defense has been solid.

As for MJ playing it's true myself I'd like to see Chris Smith start on the weak side but there has been a heavy rotation on the defensive line everyone is getting snaps.

PG did move on from Sims pretty quickly to Billings and I felt thr inside was having a bigger issue than the defensive ends.

No, he didn't move on from Sims. Sims got hurt. 
That's a HUGE difference. It forced their hand. 

The defense has been okay. It's largely at it's best when injuries force them to do the right thing. 
They kept running Josh Shaw out there and costing the defense big plays. For all the shit Kirk picks up here, Shaw has been a far bigger weak link than Dre. 
Iloka has been flat out bad this year too. 
Did he just play William Jackson III because he's better than Pacman? No. He was forced to by injury or suspension. When Pac was healthy, he was out there getting beat up because he's a vet and Jackson isnt. Don't give this team credit for things they don't actually want to do.

MJ should never take a rep at DE. He's garbage there. He needs to be inside at DT to be his most effective. It's a disservice to the team and to MJ to keep running him out at DE.

But the point is, he's a Marvin disciple. He's gotta go. No one from Lewis' coaching tree can be here. It has to be a clean break. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Boomer: 'There's no head coaching candidate on the staff' - RoyleRedlegs - 11-19-2017, 06:00 PM