Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boomer: 'There's no head coaching candidate on the staff'
(11-20-2017, 01:38 AM)Benton Wrote: That's probably one of the biggest hits for those who have been fans through then.

I was stoked when Marvin came in. Who wouldn't be? If players were an extension of coaches, I expected to see some excitement that hadn't been around in a long time because the Ravens D was pretty exciting. And we sort of got headed that direction on offense and ... we stopped. Like a brick wall. The offense fell apart and the defense never really was the brand Marvin had in Baltimore. Zimmer did outstanding for a few years with a hodge podge of players, but it wasn't the hype a lot of us bought into when Marvin signed on.

I'm hoping whoever we go with next, we clean house. Top to bottom. We had a decent few years, but that was the best Marvin could muster. Decent.

Funny, Marvin pretty much peaked 
instantly. We were all so excited to be on the cusp of contention (8-8) that year. Little did we know that Marv would never get much further than "the cusp" for 15 agonizing years.

We started hot, let the line fall apart and repeated that process with reboot 2.0. Fwiw, I also can't help but feel PA's lines have hindered our offenses for the last 12 years or so. We've never been able to dominate any good teams running the ball.

It's to the point where I think a lot of us are used to it and don't realize how weak it's been. Seriously, when is the last time we lined up and smashed the ball down a good team's throat for 150+ yards? It's probably happened less than 10 times in the last 10 years. Shoot, the top teams AVERAGE around 150 yards.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Boomer: 'There's no head coaching candidate on the staff' - Shake n Blake - 11-20-2017, 01:51 AM