Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Austin Promises Defense Will "Play Without Fear!"
(01-16-2018, 08:02 PM)dr tarzan Wrote: exactly, they should nave never taken him from SLB where he excelled.   What do you get when you have a talented but undisciplined linebacker playing with reckless abandon?.......

Odell Thurman

I'll take 3 of these, please.....

When you watch Jacksonville's LBs fly to the ball and tackle together at full speed, it is a thing of beauty.  I think New England will pull out a trick play to catch them overpursueing.  I kept waiting for a pass-back with the steelers and it (thankfully) never happened.  

It isn't just the more aggressive, more effective play, but it brings out the attacking nature of the individual.  If you play off coverage, and you have to make a tackle in space, you just gave the advantage to the offensive player.  You also don't motivate your players with such a defense by France strategy (run the other way with your hands in the air).  You fire them up by having them attack!  I don't care if they are professionals, when you take the aggression out of the player, you also remove a lot of the motivation, and vice-versa.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Austin Promises Defense Will "Play Without Fear!" - SHRacerX - 01-17-2018, 10:56 AM