Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Put me in the “shocked” camp
(03-14-2018, 01:09 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Actually it proves nothing unless you are willing to say that if the Bengals fail this year it proves that making an aggressive move is a bad way to run a team.  I don't think any armchair GMs here would be willing to say this.

If aggressive free agency was the only move that made teams successful then the Bengals would have finished dead last most recent years.

It takes more than just "making moves" to win.  They have to be the right moves.

I wouldn't call what the Bengals have done all that aggressive.  They haven't spent a bunch of money.  The trade was a good move because it was absolutely necessary. 

They've just done things that needed to be done and that's not a thing they always do.  That's all most fans want, just do the things any blind moron knows need to be done.  Nobody screams go crazy and spend a bundle.   Just spend a little more and spend it well on some real help.  We're so damned unreasonable, aren't we?

Vindication on the way.  Bengal fans--three years ahead of Bengal management.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Put me in the “shocked” camp - McC - 03-13-2018, 05:23 PM
RE: Put me in the “shocked” camp - McC - 03-14-2018, 06:55 PM