Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interview Request for Todd Grantham
(02-13-2019, 01:20 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Found this from ESPN on his firing:

'Defensive coordinator Todd Grantham, once considered a possible successor to coach Romeo Crennel, was unexpectedly fired Friday after Cleveland's defense finished the season as one of the NFL's worst units.

Grantham's dismissal was a surprise because it came just months after the fiery 41-year-old signed a two-year contract extension. It also followed Cleveland's turnaround 10-6 season, which ended just shy of the AFC playoffs.

But Grantham's stock steadily plummeted as the Browns' defense struggled almost the entire season before ending up ranked 30th overall. The Browns apparently felt Grantham wasn't getting the most from his players and decided to part ways.'

'Last season, the Browns' defense ranked 15th in pass defense despite numerous injuries to their secondary. In his first season, Grantham helped Crennel break in a new 3-4 scheme and the Browns finished first in the AFC in red-zone defense, fourth in the league in pass defense and tied for 16th overall.

But despite an upgrade in personnel through free agency and the draft, the Browns' defense never improved at stopping the run during Grantham's tenure. Cleveland ranked 30th against the run in 2005, 29th in 2006 and 27th this season.'

I get that, but when I look at the rosters, I see D'Qwell Jackson, Kamrieon Wimbley, and Willie McGinest, an old Willie McGinest.  I mean, that's it, sans our own Chris Crocker, who left after '05.  Well, an old Orpheus Roye too.  I literally can't even remember any of the other players.  I'm not saying he's great or anything, but I think the Brownies are overselling their personnel a bit there. LOL 

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Interview Request for Todd Grantham - Wyche'sWarrior - 02-13-2019, 02:13 PM