Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interview Request for Todd Grantham
(02-13-2019, 01:04 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Grantham's defenses in Cleveland were ranked 16th, 27th and 30th in yards...and 11th, 22nd and 21st in points. They were 27th or worse against the rush all 3 years. As you said, they were 4th against the pass his first year, then fell to 15th and then 24th.

So he went from "solid" to "bad" and "bad".

(02-13-2019, 01:12 PM)Wyche Wrote: Thanks for the work 'holic.  So it seems it steadily regressed.  I know the offense was bottom of the barrel during his tenure, maybe that had something to do with it.  I must admit, I don't remember who he had to work with on that unit.  Could have been a combination of a lot of things, or maybe it was Todd himself.

In '05 and '06, yeah. In 2007, their offense ranked 8th in both yards and points, and was pretty much entirely responsible for their 10-6 record, as Grantham's defense ranked 30th in yards and 21st in points allowed.

(02-13-2019, 01:44 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It kind of feels like we should have brought in more experience somewhere.

This hire feels mediocre.

Jack Del Rio was my top choice and would have checked off a bunch of boxes.

Grantham will atleast be keyed in on current college players which helps with scouting.

Not excited by it at all, not going to lie.

(02-13-2019, 02:13 PM)Wyche Wrote: I get that, but when I look at the rosters, I see D'Qwell Jackson, Kamrieon Wimbley, and Willie McGinest, an old Willie McGinest.  I mean, that's it, sans our own Chris Crocker, who left after '05.  Well, an old Orpheus Roye too.  I literally can't even remember any of the other players.  I'm not saying he's great or anything, but I think the Brownies are overselling their personnel a bit there. LOL 

Fair enough. We'll just have to see. I don't find it exciting, but we'll see.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Interview Request for Todd Grantham - Shake n Blake - 02-13-2019, 03:15 PM