Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Andy loses us another big game
(09-10-2019, 11:18 AM)jj22 Wrote: As the rest of the league and media applauds Dalton (as he leads the league in passing yards after week 1) and the valiant effort of the Bengals. It's unfortunate to see Bengal fans being the one slamming him.

Hell many pundits think he was screwed on that last play, yet actual Bengal fans are siding with the refs calling the last play a fumble! Unbelievable.

But not surprising.

Fans asked for an improvement in play from Dalton, and got a career day. I guess that wasn't what they wanted from him afterall. The guy seems to can't win.

But these same fans called for McCarron (who is barely holding on to a roster spot in the league), and Driskel (who was outplayed by a undrafted free agent who played for crowds of 300 in college, and likely would be out of a job if not injured) to start in his place so can we really trust their "assessment" of QB's? I say not a chance.

And other Bengals fans can't seem to accept reality. It was ruled a fumble. After replay it was still a fumble. Regardless, that didn't hurt as much as the first one which was, again, unforced by the opposing team. Another self inflicted wound.

As to your bolded statement above: Glad you're finally coming around. I'm kidding.

So, as I pointed out... you are harping on stats when stats clearly weren't what was needed to win the game. Clutch plays in big moments were. You keep going back to stats when it was clearly NOT passing stats, but the two fumbles that contributed to a lost the game.

You also continue to bring up AJ McCarron for some reason. A guy who hasn't been on the roster for two years(ish). He, along with Driskel, had nothing to do with Andy stealing victory from the jaws of defeat.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Andy loses us another big game - zygrot24 - 09-08-2019, 08:35 PM
RE: Andy loses us another big game - kevin - 09-09-2019, 02:41 AM
RE: Andy loses us another big game - J24 - 09-09-2019, 04:03 AM
RE: Andy loses us another big game - jason - 09-09-2019, 01:39 PM
RE: Andy loses us another big game - jj22 - 09-10-2019, 11:18 AM
RE: Andy loses us another big game - PDub80 - 09-10-2019, 01:15 PM
RE: Andy loses us another big game - McC - 09-10-2019, 02:32 PM
RE: Andy loses us another big game - McC - 09-11-2019, 12:12 PM
RE: Andy loses us another big game - CJD - 09-11-2019, 08:11 AM