Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
First Take says Bengals will ruin Joe Burrow
(01-15-2020, 05:25 AM)CornerBlitz Wrote: Hate to say it but much of what they are saying is true. I will say this, with a franchise QB, I think this team can become relevant and have some success.

If you define "success" as selling tickets and jerseys, you're absolutely right. 

Don't get me wrong: I am happy the Bengals will draft Joe Burrow.  He's talented, a good leader, and he's an immediate upgrade at quarterback.  I fear Zac Taylor will not build an offense around his capabilities nor build a defense which will hold opponents to a reasonable number of points per game.

There's been lots of talk about Carson Palmer on this thread and, yes, I see many similarities between Joe Burrow and Carson Palmer.  Let's go back to 2005 when the Cincinnati offense was among the best in the league.  The 2005 defense was ranked 24th overall.  No bueno.  The offense was good enough to overcome a leaky defense against teams with losing records but the Bengals still didn't beat many teams with winning records that year.

Joe Burrow was amazing at LSU in 2019 and I feel confident his abilities will translate to the NFL.  That's never a sure thing with any quarterback.  Mike Brown, Duke Tobin, and Zac Taylor need to create a cohesive team around him.   

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: First Take says Bengals will ruin Joe Burrow - Fan_in_Kettering - 01-15-2020, 09:31 AM