Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
First Take says Bengals will ruin Joe Burrow
(01-15-2020, 04:46 AM)Benton Wrote: Eh, I dunno. I like Carson, but he had outstanding receivers, a few good backs and some very good lines, at least early in his career in Cincinnati. 

We had a poor defense for most of Palmer's tenure and did very little to address it. We let the o-line deteriorate to the point Palmer's nose was broken in preseason and his elbow was busted in regular season.

Palmer was too good to have a 46-51 record as a Bengal.

Same deal with Dalton. We let his line deteriorate and the defensive talent corode while doing very little in free agency to fix it.

(01-15-2020, 11:20 AM)Big Boss Wrote: BREAKING: Top draft prospect goes to worst-performing team. World stunned.

Like SAS said, there's a difference between being bad and being poorly run. All teams have bad seasons. The Bengals, Lions and Browns are just poorly run. Hence the long streaks of futility.

(01-15-2020, 06:03 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: First take is nothing but pompous windbags trying desperately to get viewers and clicks.  They would say Burrow is gay if it got them ratings.  

Yeah I don't really have a great deal of respect for this show, either, and I realize that they spew a lot of hot takes. I just agree with what SAS said here. He was spot on, honestly. I don't see anyone debating what was said, just attacking the show.

I will say that I do think Burrow can have success in Cincy. Super Bowls though? I just don't see the front office giving 100% to keep Burrow surrounded with talent through his career. We've seen the team fall apart for our last 2 QBs, with the FO doing little in free agency to address issues. Not only that, but we also keep bad coaches around for too long, don't have a practice facility, etc. It's just a poor organization.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: First Take says Bengals will ruin Joe Burrow - Shake n Blake - 01-16-2020, 01:29 AM