Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
First Take says Bengals will ruin Joe Burrow
(01-16-2020, 09:32 AM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: It depends on which metric you look at and how you gauge success.  The Bengals empirically have the longest dearth of playoff wins out of 32 teams.  The current ownership has never in their history won a game in the final elimination round which may lead to a Super Bowl championship.  By that metric, they haven't even sniffed it.  What they are famous for is the dead cat bounce, suddenly winning games once they are eliminated from playoff contention.  Many teams would likely pump the breaks and regroup once they've been eliminated from a chance at taking first place.  Not the Bengals!  They revel in scooping up wins that cannot produce championships.  It's reflective of their overarching philosophy of "give the fans something that's good enough", rather than striving for greatness.  They may not be the worst, but they are quite possibly the most soul sucking and un-inspiring.  They are perfectly content with being "not the worst."  That's not what people pay for.

All of that may be true, but the fact of the matter is Joe Burrow isn't doomed to failure just by setting foot in Cincinnati, and there are several other teams that have a history of "ruining" players. At the same time, I can't argue that they haven't driven me to the point of borderline apathy over the last few years. I guess burrow brings the hope the the light at the end of the tunnel isn't a train. That's something...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: First Take says Bengals will ruin Joe Burrow - jason - 01-16-2020, 10:19 AM