Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
First Take says Bengals will ruin Joe Burrow
(01-19-2020, 04:24 PM)samhain Wrote: I believe the Bengals have one of the worst ownership groups in the league and won't argue against anyone that makes such an assertion. Still, I don't get why the Bengals' awful front office has any more potential to ruin Burrow than any number of other crappy ones around the league. The Browns are trash, and they appear to utilize all facets of personal acquisition regularly. Same with Detroit. Have they done any better than the Bengals over the last 10-20 years? I don't think anyone could argue that they have. Even with Baker and Stafford, they still manage to screw things up royally. The Skins are a franchise with a great history that's in total disarray and looks unlikely to change anytime soon.

If anything, the Bengals have at least managed to maintain consistency at the quarterback position in the last 2 decades. Cincinnati may have been a place where quarterbacks went to die in the 90's, but I don't see it that way currently.

Will they surround him with the kind of talent he needs? That remains to be seen. It's not impossible. Carson and Andy both had great supporting casts at least for a few seasons.

Fair post, and I agree they shouldn't be singling out the Bengals when the Browns, Lions and maybe the Dolphins are all probably worse. I also get the response that "at least those teams try". They spend in free agency and make changes. I'm starting to worry that our past success was 100% due to Marvin Lewis. Lord knows our front office doesn't go that extra mile, heck sometimes they don't go the first mile.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: First Take says Bengals will ruin Joe Burrow - Shake n Blake - 01-19-2020, 04:38 PM