Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ugh! This Worries Me a Bit...
(02-27-2020, 07:25 AM)bengaloo Wrote: This doesnt worry me and I think Callahan is basically right, but of course he cant be as honest as us fans in Jungle Noise. He really didnt praise anyone on the OL much. He said Miller and Hart played well but then said "they werent terrible". Saying "they werent terrible" in my mind, coming from a coach is basically saying those two spots are up for competition and need to improve big time. Although they were decent, they werent good enough and I agree with his judgement on that. Those 2 guys played better than anyone except Hopkins through most of the season, but thats not saying much considering we were the worst OL in the NFL until the last 4-5 games.

I honestly think Fred Johnson is going to take Harts starting spot and be a very solid upgrade, but thats just my opinion. He looked good out there in his limited time and he seems versatile. I also think Jordan started showing something towards the end. Billy Price is lost on me, I cant figure that dude out. He looks like a complete bust who isnt NFL ready. I was a big fan of drafting him, and Id still gladly give him a shot on the St Louis Battlehawks in the XFL! But if he doesnt show something in this training camp Id say he will be a late cut.

Nice post. If they're looking at Jordan as the future at LG, and I think they are, they'll still need to do something for competition with Miller's spot. I think most here want a big free agent upgrade or to a lesser extent, a 2nd/3rd rounder on a guard. I just hope they aren't counting on the competition being the loser of the Hart/Johnson battle. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ugh! This Worries Me a Bit... - J24 - 02-27-2020, 02:19 AM
RE: Ugh! This Worries Me a Bit... - Benton - 02-27-2020, 04:48 AM
RE: Ugh! This Worries Me a Bit... - Schmitbuck - 02-27-2020, 09:49 AM
RE: Ugh! This Worries Me a Bit... - pally - 02-27-2020, 10:52 AM
RE: Ugh! This Worries Me a Bit... - pally - 02-27-2020, 09:34 AM
RE: Ugh! This Worries Me a Bit... - Sled21 - 02-27-2020, 10:45 AM
RE: Ugh! This Worries Me a Bit... - jj22 - 02-27-2020, 02:00 PM
RE: Ugh! This Worries Me a Bit... - Sled21 - 02-28-2020, 11:18 AM