Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.43 Average
Why the **** is Jessie Bates not signed yet?
(06-18-2022, 11:40 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: So you think other teams will want to pay Bates mega bucks if he plays poorly in non prime time games, but awesome under the lights. GM's are not casual football fans, my guess is the watch every snap Bates took in the NFL over and over again. I also believe him saying he did not give 100% in 2021 is a huge red flag for any team.

Staying healthy is also easier said than done. How many times have seen guys hurt playing it safe?

I like Bates, but let's be honest. Bates is not the game changing safety like Ed Reid or Ronnie Lott, he is not a HOF safety, not so far at least.
Teams pay for potential.  If they didn't Bates would be under contract right now and we wouldn't be having this discussion.  Players play hurt in the NFL all the time.  Do you think that a player on the tag is going to play through injury or get surgery right away, tell the team he might be back for the playoffs, and prep for free agency?  And if you were their agent what would your advice be?
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why the **** is Jessie Bates not signed yet? - IcoHolic - 04-29-2022, 04:16 PM
RE: Why the **** is Jessie Bates not signed yet? - puddycat - 06-18-2022, 09:00 PM