Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Welcome Amarius Mims
Who Dey!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Not a fan of the pick. Would rather have had a player that could contribute immediately. Mitchell, Newton, etc.

Zero confidence the Bengals can develop him into a round 1 worthy starter.

Should have traded up for Myrphy. Such a whiff.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
He'll be the best tackle in the class if Pollack doesn't screw him up!

He doesn't have to start right away., so he'll have a year to get into the swing off things and improve!

I don't think Pollack could screw him up or let's hope we get a new o line coach to get the most out of him!
Reply/Quote
One of our tackles has only played an entire season… three out of nine years in the NFL

Reply/Quote
Won't be surprised if he starts this year. We have are deep at tackle right now. Hopefully he'll work out. Just nervous about our history with early round OL.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
He was the best option at tackle left. But the only one that had the potential to be the best in the class.

All other tackles were equally a gamble at this point. We’ll get our guard and center by Sat night.

We can sit back and enjoy the rest of the draft and not spend the weekend desperate for a future tackle (at left or right).

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2024, 11:24 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Not a fan of the pick. Would rather have had a player that could contribute immediately. Mitchell, Newton, etc.

Zero confidence the Bengals can develop him into a round 1 worthy starter.

Should have traded up for Myrphy. Such a whiff.

Mitchell played in the MAC.  What makes you think he'll be ready to contribute with such a massive jump in competition?

Mims is such a a freak athletically that if he can stay healthy, he can survive just off his freakish gifts with less than stellar technique, just like his teammate Broderick Jones did last year.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2024, 11:22 PM)maclanta Wrote: Who Dey!

He will contribute when Trent Brown goes down with injury. Guranteed to happen.
Reply/Quote
Hope he stays healthy and is a stud.

Fingers crossed..
Reply/Quote
I love the pick.

Protecting Burrow should be priority #1. He was the best RT on the board & has the tools to be the best OT in this class. The tape is excellent. He is good in pass pro & run blocking.

Brown will likely not start 17.

Mims can play year 1 and contribute if called upon.

There is a reason why so many OTs have gone (Alt, Latham, Fashanu, Fuaga, Mims, Fautanu). It is an important position & this class is uber-talented.
Reply/Quote
Beef up that OL. I like it, reads well and plenty of upside. 2 quality guys to learn from as well in that room.
Reply/Quote
For people who are upset with the pick, Trent Brown has played 9 seasons and played a full season 3 times. Mims will get playing time.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Can someone tell me the extent of his injury history?
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2024, 11:32 PM)Whatever Wrote: Mitchell played in the MAC.  What makes you think he'll be ready to contribute with such a massive jump in competition?

Mims is such a a freak athletically that if he can stay healthy, he can survive just off his freakish gifts with less than stellar technique, just like his teammate Broderick Jones did last year.

You would have thought the same for Mekhi Becton.
Reply/Quote
Trent Brown isn't going to start the entire year... knowing that and hopefully Mims gets some development time I like the pick.

Yes I'm annoyed the Bengals for what seems the 3rd or 4th year a row not drafting a day 1 starter... but this guy has top 5 talent if there was more tape.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
Welcome aboard the Mimsinator.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2024, 11:29 PM)maclanta Wrote: One of our tackles has only played an entire season… three out of nine years in the NFL

Oh yes... Mims is a gonna get some starts in this year.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I love the pick. Love the upside. I wanted Newton or Mims, so I'm happy.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2024, 11:29 PM)jj22 Wrote: He was the best option at tackle left. But the only one that had the potential to be the best in the class.

All other tackles were equally a gamble at this point. We’ll get our guard and center by Sat night.

We can sit back and enjoy the rest of the draft and not spend the weekend desperate for a future tackle (at left or right).

I like the tape, there just isn't much of it. Only eight starts is a concern for me. But dude is definitely a helluva specimen. The Georgia coaches love him, so I guess we pray he can stay on the field.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2024, 11:36 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: For people who are upset with the pick, Trent Brown has played 9 seasons and played a full season 3 times. Mims will get playing time.

Could have taken a guy to push volson immediately with the capability to swing outside.
Reply/Quote