CB-Mike Sainristil
OG-Cooper Beebe
DT- T’Vondre Sweat
Reply/Quote
Johnny Newton
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2024, 12:12 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Johnny Newton

Trade up to SF's pick if he's still available?
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
I will start with guys who have not been picked yet and limit myself to spots I think we need.

Further, there are 16 picks ahead of us in Rd2.

WR (7): Mitchell, McConkey, Legette, Pearsall, Coleman, Polk, R. Wilson.

NT (1): Sweat.

CB (6): DeJean, McKinstry, Wiggins, Rakestraw, Tampa, Melton.

DT (4): Newton, Fiske, Orhorhoro, Jenkins.

IOL (4): Powers-Johnson, Frazier, Haynes, Beebe.

That's 22 guys. Maybe a couple are more 3rd rounder types (Haynes, Beebe, R. Wilson)

As I type, there are 5 picks left in Rd1. 5+16 = 21.

I think #49 is too rich for TE, RB, LB, or P.

QB, OT, DE, S, PK, & LS not on the board for me at #49.
Reply/Quote
Johnny Newton, Ladd, Ricky Pearsall, Keon Coleman, Malachi Corley, Xavier Leggette, Orhorhoro, Polk,
Jonathan Brooks, Trey Benson and of course Graham Barton or Power-Johnson.
Reply/Quote
49ers took Pearsall. He was a guy I really wanted at #49.
Reply/Quote
Would love to snag Newton in the 2nd.
Reply/Quote
First Round finished.

WR (6): Mitchell, McConkey, Coleman, Polk, Corley, R. Wilson.

CB (5): DeJean, McKinstry, Rakestraw, Tampa, Melton.

That's 20 guys. Maybe a couple are more 3rd rounder types (Haynes, Beebe, R. Wilson)

We have pick #17 in Rd2. Even if you take out those 3 guys as 3rd round guys, that leaves 17.

Reply/Quote
1. Newton - we need to trade up to get him
2. Cooper DeJean
3. McConkey (to replace Boyd
4. Mitchell - to replace Boyd
5. Fiske - DT
6. Maason Smith - DT
7. Jackson - Powers - Johnson - Center

I hope Bengals use their 9 picks wisely, moving up and down to get quality future starters or possible plug and play starters
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2024, 12:55 AM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: First Round finished.

WR (6): Mitchell, McConkey, Coleman, Polk, Corley, R. Wilson.

CB (5): DeJean, McKinstry, Rakestraw, Tampa, Melton.

That's 20 guys. Maybe a couple are more 3rd rounder types (Haynes, Beebe, R. Wilson)

We have pick #17 in Rd2. Even if you take out those 3 guys as 3rd round guys, that leaves 17.

I may be wrong, but I think Sweat falls to 3rd round
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
People are going bananas over Johnny Newton. I thought he was projected for lower than the first (maybe much lower) but I guess it depends on who you ask.

Reply/Quote
If it were me I’d trade up for Newton.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2024, 12:58 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I may be wrong, but I think Sweat falls to 3rd round

Certainly possible. 

But guys falling for non-football stuff does not usually impact my thinking much. If you'd have told me 3 weeks ago he is there at #49, I snap him up immediately. He is the same player now as then.

NT is our biggest hole along with WR3. And we have other options at WR likely in Rd3/4. At NT,,I think it is Sweat or bust. Though I do like M. Jackson. But not till #97 at the earliest. 
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2024, 01:03 AM)BoomerFan Wrote: People are going bananas over Johnny Newton. I thought he was projected for lower than the first (maybe much lower) but I guess it depends on who you ask.

Newton was initially projected as a first round draft pick.  Early mock drafts even had the Bengals taking him at #18.  Newton has slide however because of questions about his foot.  He slid to the 2nd round.  Im not sure he slides as far down as #49 tomorrow
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2024, 01:03 AM)BoomerFan Wrote: People are going bananas over Johnny Newton. I thought he was projected for lower than the first (maybe much lower) but I guess it depends on who you ask.

Yeah I don't get it. There are so many quality 3-techs tomorrow. I'd be happy with almost any of them. Above all Maason Smith, Braden Fiske, Ruke, Dorlus. Some people are fans of Jenkins and Hall Jr too. There's no way I trade up for Newton. I don't see the value-add. These next two rounds are stacked with 3- and 5-techs imo.   
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2024, 01:13 AM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Certainly possible. 

But guys falling for non-football stuff does not usually impact my thinking much. If you'd have told me 3 weeks ago he is there at #49, I snap him up immediately. He is the same player now as then.

NT is our biggest hole along with WR3. And we have other options at WR likely in Rd3/4. At NT,,I think it is Sweat or bust. Though I do like M. Jackson. But not till #97 at the earliest. 

Don't understand Ike. You do not draft idiots. T'Vondre Sweat is the biggest idiot I have seen on Draft month.

Just go and get drunk and drive people around in April, frickin' genius dude. Mellow

Go get one of the other NT's that actually might play a snap in the NFL is my vote. McKinnley Jackson, Kris Jenkins, Jordan Jefferson, 
Evan Anderson and there are about 10 more, but Sweat should not be a must anymore with his dumbass.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2024, 01:32 AM)tms Wrote: Yeah I don't get it. There are so many quality 3-techs tomorrow. I'd be happy with almost any of them. Above all Maason Smith, Braden Fiske, Ruke, Dorlus. Some people are fans of Jenkins and Hall Jr too. There's no way I trade up for Newton. I don't see the value-add. These next two rounds are stacked with 3- and 5-techs imo.   

Just have to say I saw Dorlus just destroy an OL all game last year... 

Reminded me of Geno. Mellow
Reply/Quote
Jacob Cowing is a tiny version of Malachi Corley both are underdeveloped slot receivers difference is Cowing is tiny very tiny.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2024, 02:09 AM)Synric Wrote: Jacob Cowing is a tiny version of Malachi Corley both are underdeveloped slot receivers difference is Cowing is tiny very tiny.

Corley is my guy now that Pearsall is gone.
Reply/Quote