Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do Bengal Fans Miss Chad Johnson??
(02-13-2016, 04:20 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Chad brought zero playoff victories to Cincinnati. 

All current players and coaches seem to be held to this standard. Why the pass for Chad ?

Chad Johnson came to a Bengals team that was 4-12, won 68 (6.8 avg per yr) games in 10 years and took the Bengals to 2 playoff appearances and zero playoff wins with what some would say one the all time greatest QB's in history firing ball to him. He went to the playoffs in 20% of the years he played here.

AJ Green and Geno Atkins have brought zero playoff victories to Cincinnati. Doesn't make them less valuable or less good.

All current QUARTERBACKS and coaches are held to that standard. Records only follow QBs, Coaches, and Owners (but really only Owners if they've been really good or really bad). I can easily find online the Bengals record when Dalton is starting. I can easily go online and find the Bengals record when Lewis has been coach. I can't easily find the record for the Bengals when Green or Atkins have started. Just how it is.

"and zero playoff wins with what some would say one of the all time greatest QBs in history".... nobody has EVER called Jon Kitna, Carson Palmer, or Ryan Fitzpatrick one of the all time greatest QBs in history. Those are the three QBs that Chad has had throw passes to him for the Bengals. Unless you're talking about the one season at the end of his career where he was clearly washed up and done, having lost a step... but still ended up in a Super Bowl and had a catch in it with Tom Brady and the Patriots.

- - - - - - - -
EDIT: I don't think you appreciate how good Chad Johnson was. He didn't do much his rookie year (why he was a second round pick instead of a top-5 or top-10 pick) but here's how he lines up against AJ Green in their first 5 seasons in the NFL.

Chad Johnson '01-'05*:
379 / 5,556 / 34

*15 total 4,000+ yard passing seasons, 0 total 5,000+ yard passing seasons in that time span.

AJ Green '11-'15*:
415 / 6,171 / 45

*53 total 4,000+ yard passing season, 6 total 5,000+ yard passing seasons in that time span.

.....and that's with Chad putting up only 28 / 329 / 1 in his rookie year. If Chad were a rookie the same year as AJ and Julio, he would be likely crushing both of them right now.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Do Bengal Fans Miss Chad Johnson?? - TheLeonardLeap - 02-13-2016, 05:57 PM