Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do Bengal Fans Miss Chad Johnson??
(02-15-2016, 04:40 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No fan I knew of took a massive bonus to sign a contract and then threatened to keep that money but not play out the contract.  What had changed in the 2 years since he took that signing bonus?   Nothing.

he wasn't leaving because we could not compete.  He was leaving because people blamed him for the problems during the '07 season and his fragile psyche couldn't handle it.  So instead of working hard to get better he refuses to work out and bad mouths the team.

When he signed that contract, the Bengals were coming off an 11-5 record and division championship.

When Chad made those comments in the article you linked, the Bengals were coming off a 2nd straight disappointing season (7-9 including a 2-6 start). Our big offseason moves were signing Michael Myers, Edgerton Hartwell (released before the season) and Blue Adams (strictly a ST player).

I guess you only believe Chad's words when it assists your narrative, but I don't find it hard to believe that he'd be frustrated with an offseason like that after such a disappointing season. Stuff like that is probably why Carson asked for a trade 3 years later.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Do Bengal Fans Miss Chad Johnson?? - Shake n Blake - 02-15-2016, 05:01 PM