Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
Chase not Practicing
(08-20-2024, 04:07 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Shefty's right. This is 100% on Chase. If Chase was going into his last year, then, I'd side with JC; it's not he has 2 years remaining. Mikey already said "The dye is cast". He's not getting a new contract this off-season, nor should he. 

He asked, he was told no. 

Shefty? The pricks constantly taking shots at us and you’re talking about him like he’s a mate at the pub.

He is getting a new contract before the season starts you like to gamble let’s have a 50$ charity bet if you think he’s not?

The fact is the idiot has no idea what is going on inside the FO because nobody talks to him, the NFL network lot release the news related to us Schefter is always 2nd and he hates it.
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2024, 04:09 PM)Whatever Wrote: Well, big difference, here. First, Dunlap was a better player than MJ.  Second, Higgins has already turned down at least two off seasons of offers.  

At the time they wanted Johnson more than Dunlap, that's why they offered the money to Johnson first. And, if they were to trade Chase then they can offer Tee more money than if they didn't, right?
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2024, 04:28 PM)Sled21 Wrote: At the time they wanted Johnson more than Dunlap, that's why they offered the money to Johnson first. And, if they were to trade Chase then they can offer Tee more money than if they didn't, right?

MJ was an UFA.  That's why he was the priority.  Carlos still had a year left on his deal.  When they couldn't get a deal done with MJ, they offered it to Dunlap as an extension.

Beyond that, folks are assuming Tee will have a career year(which MJ did before they FT'd him) and Chase will have a down year.  Which, Tee's had this board predicting a monster year every year for the past three years. 

Also, keep in mind that trading Chase is going to mean a pissed off Joe Burrow, which is really why it's totally unrealistic.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
What point do you sit Chase out of 1st game, I'm thinking 9/3 tuesday
Reply/Quote
Is Chase getting paid while not practicing? I thought he was still under contract? Does he decide if he wants to play? is he being monetarily fined for not practicing? I havent been keeping up with this and the current rules, thanks in advance for updating me...
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2024, 04:15 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: Shefty? The pricks constantly taking shots at us and you’re talking about him like he’s a mate at the pub.

He is getting a new contract before the season starts you like to gamble let’s have a 50$ charity bet if you think he’s not?

The fact is the idiot has no idea what is going on inside the FO because nobody talks to him, the NFL network lot release the news related to us Schefter is always 2nd and he hates it.

That’s a bet.

You will donate to the Bigzo is always right, kiss my ass haters foundation.
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2024, 08:33 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: Is Chase getting paid while not practicing? I thought he was still under contract? Does he decide if he wants to play? is he being monetarily fined for not practicing? I havent been keeping up with this and the current rules, thanks in advance for updating me...

Because Chase is attending practice he is not being fined.

Reply/Quote
(08-20-2024, 08:33 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: Is Chase getting paid while not practicing? I thought he was still under contract? Does he decide if he wants to play? is he being monetarily fined for not practicing? I havent been keeping up with this and the current rules, thanks in advance for updating me...

I believe fines will start Sunday Sept 1st since he is attending practice now but that Sunday the 1st, they can start to fine him.
Reply/Quote

Unless there are workout bonuses tied to training camp, signing bonuses, etc players get paid game checks.
Reply/Quote
Austin Elmore
@autyelmore
@Local12Skinny
tells us on
@ESPN1530
that he’s heard Ja’Marr Chase and his camp are looking for a 4-year deal in the $160 million range, with $120-ish million guaranteed from the #Bengals.

#Vikings WR Justin Jefferson got $110 million guaranteed in his extension.
Last edited
2:40 PM · Aug 21, 2024
·
Views
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2024, 03:47 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Austin Elmore
@autyelmore
@Local12Skinny
tells us on
@ESPN1530
that he’s heard Ja’Marr Chase and his camp are looking for a 4-year deal in the $160 million range, with $120-ish million guaranteed from the #Bengals.

#Vikings WR Justin Jefferson got $110 million guaranteed in his extension.
Last edited
2:40 PM · Aug 21, 2024
·
Views

Bang some of it on this year and next to lower the hits it’s basically a 6 year deal for what 185 mil?

People will cry about it but that’s going to be the going rate for a top WR1 better to get it done now so we can spread it out.
Reply/Quote
Also that Austin Elmore has been proven to be a lying sack of shit and his head looks like it’s on upside down so take it with a pinch of salt.
Reply/Quote
I’ll be glad when this thread goes away.
Reply/Quote
Moving the Chains were having an interesting discussion a little while ago. They were saying unless you have a top 10 WR (obviously Chase is top 10) the new trend across the league is for WR to go the way of the RBs. Their point is that the new WR classes entering the draft are so good, that you can get good receivers in the 2nd-4th round, so unless you have elite, don't pay for it and put your money into other positions. I suspect we will see a reversal in WR pay and they will start to devaluate the position like they did the RB position. What is getting harder to find in the draft that are pro-ready is offensive linemen. We may start seeing their salaries go up instead.
Reply/Quote
I been wanting to go to Cincy to go watch my first "home" game ever.. but with the contracts goign up every year and prices for tix ridiculously high, I think I will forever just be a "tv" fan for life. Sad
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2024, 04:16 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: Also that Austin Elmore has been proven to be a lying sack of shit and his head looks like it’s on upside down so take it with a pinch of salt.

#triggered
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2024, 05:42 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: #triggered

I’m sure you pull it off better mate LOL
Reply/Quote
Chase want to be paid like some of these other receivers and top receivers however he has never gotten close to the yards they have put up. Something has to give.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2024, 04:15 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: Bang some of it on this year and next to lower the hits it’s basically a 6 year deal for what 185 mil?

People will cry about it but that’s going to be the going rate for a top WR1 better to get it done now so we can spread it out.

Those definitely shocked me at first. But like you said it would really make it a 6yr deal bringing it to 30-35 mil a year average.
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2024, 06:09 PM)jj22 Wrote: Chase want to be paid like some of these other receivers and top receivers however he has never gotten close to the yards they have put up. Something has to give.

And the others didn't get paid after year 3. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote