Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
Chase not Practicing
Rumors are swirling that he signed.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2024, 09:29 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Rumors are swirling that he signed.

That's pretty vague....

WHAT I'M SAYING IS...HOW BOUT SOME LINKS???

Wink

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

Where?  Where did you hear said rumor?
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2024, 09:32 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: That's pretty vague....

Wink

Yeah, what this loser said man.  ^^^
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
The only thing I’ve seen is he showed up late to a signing tonight, and seemed to be in good spirits. But he’s always been good with the fans, so who knows.

Reply/Quote
(08-31-2024, 09:32 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: That's pretty vague....

Wink
Couldn't get any vaguer than that?????

Somebody better wake Hobby up, so he can report it.... Ninja
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2024, 06:16 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Yes it does. A 4yr contract gets added onto the 2yrs remaining. Giving you 6yrs to spread the money how you see fit.

What you seem to keep ignoring is Jefferson didnt get paid big money over 6 years that Chase wants.  Jefferson's big money is over 5 years.  Chase would be getting a huge average over 6 years Jefferson didnt get.  Chase would be getting the same 140 for 5 years + the additional money on his 4th year that Jefferson and Lamb and everybody else didnt get.   That's why the 160 million dollar demand is ridiculous.  It is well above what these other guys will make for seasons 4-9.
Reply/Quote

Oh yeah?  I'll see your swirl and raise you!  Chase to Dallas for Parsons and a first.

Ninja
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2024, 12:01 AM)007BengalsFan Wrote: What you seem to keep ignoring is Jefferson didnt get paid big money over 6 years that Chase wants.  Jefferson's big money is over 5 years.  Chase would be getting a huge average over 6 years Jefferson didnt get.  Chase would be getting the same 140 for 5 years + the additional money on his 4th year that Jefferson and Lamb and everybody else didnt get.   That's why the 160 million dollar demand is ridiculous.  It is well above what these other guys will make for seasons 4-9.

I'm not sure what your point is here. I hope I'm not the only one confused. Yes Chase deal of 4yrs whatever would have an extra year that Lamb and Jefferson wouldn't have. So yes the money is more. He I believe wants the same yearly average. So yes his deal would have to look alot bigger because his 4yr deal would have to be big enough to make his really 6 yr deal average that number. But it would have and extra year in it. Which I certainly wouldn't mind locking him up for 6yrs and as we all assume the price is only going up so longer now the better. It really doesn't matter how big the # is except for the guarantee.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2024, 12:01 AM)007BengalsFan Wrote: What you seem to keep ignoring is Jefferson didnt get paid big money over 6 years that Chase wants.  Jefferson's big money is over 5 years.  Chase would be getting a huge average over 6 years Jefferson didnt get.  Chase would be getting the same 140 for 5 years + the additional money on his 4th year that Jefferson and Lamb and everybody else didnt get.   That's why the 160 million dollar demand is ridiculous.  It is well above what these other guys will make for seasons 4-9.

Justin Jefferson 4 year 140m extension + 21m 5th year option = 5 years 160m 32.2m aav. 110m guaranteed.

CeeDee Lamb 4 year 136m extension + 21m 5th year option = 5 years 157m 31.4m aav 100m guaranteed.

Chase 4 year 160m estimated extension + 10m final year + 22m 5th year option = 6 years 192m 32m aav. 120m guaranteed.

So if Ja'Marr wants more total average per year than Jefferson he needs to bump that 4y 160m slightly higher. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(09-01-2024, 12:48 AM)Synric Wrote: Justin Jefferson 4 year 140m extension + 21m 5th year option = 5 years 160m 32.2m aav. 110m guaranteed.

CeeDee Lamb 4 year 136m extension + 21m 5th year option = 5 years 157m 31.4m aav 100m guaranteed.

Chase 4 year 160m estimated extension + 10m final year + 22m 5th year option = 6 years 192m 32m aav. 120m guaranteed.

So if Ja'Marr wants more total average per year than Jefferson he needs to bump that 4y 160m slightly higher. 

Well it took me a minute to get what he was saying. I think because Lamb and Jefferson were still on they're rookie deals in year 4. That they're salaries for that year should be factored into they're average per year as pertains to Chase. Interesting but I don't see it working like that. But yeah 32-33 mil a year average is not bad and is workable. Give him the impressive looking contract. It really might be good for us fans because it could force the Bengals to get up to speed with the rest of the league. I really don't think they'll hit that 120mil guaranteed # but if they do or get close could push them to start guaranteeing more years in contracts. Also while I certainly don't like what the Browns are doing kicking the can down the road with Watsons deal a bit of that is probably the way to go in the future and alot of teams are doing it.
Reply/Quote

I saw that the bengals intensified efforts… do you have some inside info?
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2024, 09:01 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: I saw that the bengals intensified efforts… do you have some inside info?

No I don't think they do. I saw someone said he was 1.5 hrs late for an autograph signing and he wouldn't confirm or deny it was because he was signing something else. Not exactly cold hard facts. I'm hoping for news to break today. But if it doesn't it will be pretty telling if he practices tomorrow or not. 
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2024, 09:20 AM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: No I don't think they do. I saw someone said he was 1.5 hrs late for an autograph signing and he wouldn't confirm or deny it was because he was signing something else. Not exactly cold hard facts. I'm hoping for news to break today. But if it doesn't it will be pretty telling if he practices tomorrow or not. 

I bet it gets done before the season. With everyone else signed, I think it might have swung the contract back in the bengals favor, relatively speaking. If lamb or aiyuk had gone for more than Jefferson… would have been a different story.

The frustrating thing about these hold outs/ins… the contract typically ends up right where the negotiating likely started. I guess it’s not peanuts when you consider $5m gtd or a few extra incentives, but in the grand scheme of contract negotiations, it’s almost nothing.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2024, 09:20 AM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: No I don't think they do. I saw someone said he was 1.5 hrs late for an autograph signing and he wouldn't confirm or deny it was because he was signing something else. Not exactly cold hard facts. I'm hoping for news to break today. But if it doesn't it will be pretty telling if he practices tomorrow or not. 

I took my son to an event with Chase a year ago.  FWIW he was very much on time and professional about it.  

Hard to judge what's happening by this story.  It wouldn't make a ton of sense to tell a bunch of people standing in a long line paying good money to meet you that you're still holding in/out whatever.  It's a no-brainer that 80 percent of the people there probably took the chance to ask that very question.  
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2024, 09:01 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: I saw that the bengals intensified efforts… do you have some inside info?

No inside info. I know some people that went to a signing event and Chase was super late. Some were speculating, he was asked why and was being super coy. It took off on social media as well. 

If he practices Monday I'd say hes got an extension the team just hasn't announced. Most likely will at the start of the NFLs new hear (Thursday night game). 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2024, 09:42 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: No inside info. I know some people that went to a signing event and Chase was super late. Some were speculating, he was asked why and was being super coy. It took off on social media as well. 

If he practices Monday I'd say hes got an extension the team just hasn't announced. Most likely will at the start of the NFLs new hear (Thursday night game). 

If he doesn't practice, you think they will start fining him?
Reply/Quote
I have the 8 spot in our fantasy football draft and Chase is slotted in as the projected pick at #8, so what do I do?

I'm not worried about him missing practices and whatever because he and Burrow will be on the same page, but will his holdout go into the season?

Of course, being that we're in Cinci (with *one Steelers fan), Chase could get taken earlier than expected because some people still draft on emotion.

What's the play?

*he's a work friend of one of our good friends and he's from PA
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2024, 12:14 PM)sandwedge Wrote: If he doesn't practice, you think they will start fining him?

I don't think so. If they're is optimism in the building then the Bengals think they are close and if they think they are close it means they think he is worth the #s he is asking for. So why risk damaging the relationship.
Reply/Quote

I hate to put a damper of him potentially signing because he was late to sign autographs and hope he signed. My grandson was in charge of Chase's football camp. He said he was great, but late everyday showing up for camp.

My grandson with help from others runs the camp, not Chase so maybe he was late by design.
I am so ready for 2024 season. I love pro football and hoping for a great Bengals year. Regardless, always remember it is a game and entertainment. 
Reply/Quote