Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
Chase not Practicing
(09-03-2024, 02:34 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I'm not sure how deep you're wanting to look but the payouts for all teams are easily found on Google. 

https://www.voronoiapp.com/sports/Every-NFL-Teams-Revenue-Compared-1601

https://www.statista.com/statistics/195252/revenue-of-the-cincinnati-bengals-since-2006/

Revenue is only part of the equation, it needs to show expenses and a net income.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2024, 02:49 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: *5 days.

6 games Hobspin, if you going to count today and gameday to spin the predicament they find themselves in. 

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2024, 02:51 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Revenue is only part of the equation, it needs to show expenses and a net income.

I don't know that but my logic says their overhead doesn't come too close to what they take in, everything included. Plus Mikey isn't known as a spender, so i'm guessing his bank account is pretty fat. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
The stadium upgrades were almost certainly a loan and not paid for in up front money.

Reply/Quote
(09-03-2024, 02:53 PM)jj22 Wrote: 6 games Hobspin, if you going to count today and gameday to spin the predicament they find themselves in. 

You don't count today. Five 24 hour cycles from right now, they'll be in the 2nd quarter. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2024, 02:54 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: You don't count today. Five 24 hour cycles from right now, they'll be in the 2nd quarter. 

If you are counting "from right now" you are counting today....

Reply/Quote
(09-03-2024, 02:48 PM)jj22 Wrote: We'll see if he practices tomorrow, but there is a game in 4 days... Let that sink in.

Jamar is competitive he’s not gonna miss a game and have stats.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(09-03-2024, 03:05 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Jamar is competitive he’s not gonna miss a game and have stats.

We'll see tomorrow. He's held in / out / in longer than anyone I can remember in recent history.

Reply/Quote
(09-03-2024, 12:07 PM)Housh Wrote: I know ppl are mad but as will suck without Chase

We aren’t the Chiefs

We don’t have the refs and a crazy defense to offset losing our star WR

If we lost Chase we would essentially be the Seahawks. Like you can get to the playoffs consistently but you aren’t doing shit and you honestly should probably tank for a year to get a better player

many of us are not "mad as hell"..we believe in the process..many other great players on this team..we will not "suck" without chase if that be the case
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2024, 01:00 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: The entire situation is just so Bengals. Being a fan of this franchise is sisyphean and exhausting.

many other teams have gone through or are going through similar situations..its not a Bengals things..Being a fan of this franchise has been pretty exceptional the past 5 years
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2024, 09:26 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: I don’t know if anyone mentioned this but one of my friends said he heard a rumor that the holdup might be that Mike Brown doesn’t have enough liquid money to go in an escrow account right now.

Seems unlikely but you have to remember that Mike doesn’t have the money that other owners have from outside entities and he was only worth about 925 million eight years ago.

that is utter nonsense,,even if he was flat broke ..which he is far from not...his team is worth over 4 billion and could borrow a carload of cash  within hours
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2024, 02:58 PM)jj22 Wrote: If you are counting "from right now" you are counting today....

So this moment right now is 24 hours long?

Reply/Quote
I’m 99% sure he will play on Sunday I just can’t see him missing games he might be stubborn and money driven but I think he wants to go down as a great player.

I’m also 95% sure a deal gets done before then anyway so we are worrying about nothing.

I think as fans we have a right to be pissed off if it’s true he held in while waiting for the Lamb deal to get done first he should have trained and then if the FO dragged their feet about doing the contract after Lamb signed his that’s when you stop.

If we win the whole thing in February and Chase has gone for 1500 yards nobody will give a shit that all this happened.

Let’s just see what the rest of the week brings.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2024, 12:38 PM)higgy100 Wrote: You can't say that with any real logic at this moment. They have 3 RB's on the roster and only one of them has proven himself, albeit, barely. No idea if any of these guys can carry the ball 20 times to grind out yards to keep a series going and to get the tough yards especially in this division and you have only one other WR that's a real threat down the field. Chase is an essential part to both make the playoffs and certainly to make a deep run.

I would disagree. All teams have holes and issues even top tier team. The Bengals are a top tier team without chase barn. Injuries.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2024, 03:46 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: So this moment right now is 24 hours long?

You set all these standards and brought up something about 24 hours. I have no idea what your argument is...

I do know that if you are talking about a moment "right now" you are talking about a moment "today"....

Reply/Quote
(09-03-2024, 03:56 PM)jj22 Wrote: You set all these standards and brought up something about 24 hours. I have no idea what your argument is...

I do know that if you are talking about a moment "right now" you are talking about a moment "today"....

So something that is happening tomorrow is 2 days away. You can come in here Saturday and say 'hey guys, Bengals game, only 2 more days'. 

Reply/Quote
(09-03-2024, 11:31 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Are NFL franchise balance sheets documents that we can look at?

I mean, Green Bay's is, but because they are publicly owned.  But not sure how much of that is applicable here.
Reply/Quote
OMG
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-03-2024, 04:00 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: So something that is happening tomorrow is 2 days away. You can come in here Saturday and say 'hey guys, Bengals game, only 2 more days'. 

Don't be ungrateful. I was just trying to help you add days.... 6 more days is better than 5 which was better than 4 wasn't it? 

If it was Saturday I'd say a game was tomorrow. You'd say it was 2 days away it sounds like (today and tomorrow?, or maybe go by hours, a game "today"?). But who really knows what you are arguing. I don't count today or game day. So when I say it's in 4 days, after 4 more days we have a game.

For the sake of having Chase back we can say he'll be ready in 6 days. Or 5. Whatever it takes to calm nerves. 

Reply/Quote
(09-03-2024, 02:27 PM)bfine32 Wrote: We had a winning record and damn near made the playoffs last year with an injured Joe Burrow and Jake Browning. 

Having Chase makes us better, but this is a damn good team. Folks are just upset.

It's funny how the term "total team game" get used and omitted depending on one's hero. 

We're a playoff contender without Chase, but a Super Bowl contender with him.

That's why some a desperate to get it done.
Reply/Quote