Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
Chase not Practicing
The issue isn't if Chase thinks he can play after missing all of the offseason. The question is should he and will coaches let him.

Getting Chase back Sunday to calm nerves in the jungle won't do anything if he pulls something and is out the next 4 weeks. Chase may be mad the coaches make the wise decision to sit him out Sunday and get him ready for KC, but that is the consequences of his actions (rather he gets the extension or not).

Hold in / out / in's rarely bring about career years, so Chase beating his average yard per season is highly unlikely.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2024, 04:06 PM)jj22 Wrote: Don't be ungrateful. I was just trying to help you add days.... 6 more days is better than 5 which was better than 4 wasn't it? 

If it was Saturday I'd say a game was tomorrow. You'd say it was 2 days away it sounds like (today and tomorrow?, or maybe go by hours, a game "today"?). But who really knows what you are arguing. I don't count today or game day. So when I say it's in 4 days, after 4 more days we have a game.

For the sake of having Chase back we can say he'll be ready in 6 days. Or 5. Whatever it takes to calm nerves. 

[Image: i-like-you-youre-crazy.gif]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2024, 04:02 PM)bfine32 Wrote: OMG

WOW 

(ok everyone practice their reaction to the contract number's to see if that helps speed things up). I'm down wit the plan B. 

Reply/Quote
(09-03-2024, 04:01 PM)Whatever Wrote: I mean, Green Bay's is, but because they are publicly owned.  But not sure how much of that is applicable here.

It might give a typical profit margin for an NFL franchise.

Edit: with the NFL being a "non-profit" organization, one would think that all of their info would be publicly accessible.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2024, 04:14 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: [Image: i-like-you-youre-crazy.gif]

Yes he is. Chase will play Sunday
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(09-03-2024, 04:39 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: It might give a typical profit margin for an NFL franchise.

Edit: with the NFL being a "non-profit" organization, one would think that all of their info would be publicly accessible.

NFL dropped that designation in 2015. Packers may still be though, being publicly owned?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/business/wp/2015/04/28/the-nfl-is-dropping-its-tax-exempt-status-why-that-ends-up-helping-them-out/

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I think deals eventually gets done(Tomorrow) and Chase still won't play this week. I think they hold him off until the Chiefs game.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2024, 04:11 PM)jj22 Wrote: The issue isn't if Chase thinks he can play after missing all of the offseason. The question is should he and will coaches let him.

Getting Chase back Sunday to calm nerves in the jungle won't do anything if he pulls something and is out the next 4 weeks. Chase may be mad the coaches make the wise decision to sit him out Sunday and get him ready for KC, but that is the consequences of his actions (rather he gets the extension or not).

Hold in / out / in's rarely bring about career years, so Chase beating his average yard per season is highly unlikely.

The man took a year off football, had maybe the greatest rookie season in NFL history not concerned whether or not some fans think he is ready or not
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2024, 09:26 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: I don’t know if anyone mentioned this but one of my friends said he heard a rumor that the holdup might be that Mike Brown doesn’t have enough liquid money to go in an escrow account right now.

Seems unlikely but you have to remember that Mike doesn’t have the money that other owners have from outside entities and he was only worth about 925 million eight years ago.

I saw something online ( yeah, I know ) that said when someone gets a fully guaranteed contract, that money is due in full into an escrow account, like Burrow's contract was. This could mean Brown has less liquid to make another large, guaranteed contract for Chase. "Regular" contracts are just paid out as usual. And if Brown does actually have the money, getting a loan would be fairly simple, as he has a huge asset: the team. A point may be he just doesn't want to borrow money for any reason. 

Then again, this may all be nothing like this, at all. 
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2024, 04:39 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: It might give a typical profit margin for an NFL franchise.

The Packers are the only team with a public annual report.  Their most recent filing revealed $60M in operating profit.   This is not necessarily their net income.

Reply/Quote

Scroll down to page 31.

Attached Files
.pdf   a-piece-of-the-action.pdf (Size: 1.51 MB / Downloads: 8)

Reply/Quote
(09-03-2024, 04:54 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Yes he is. Chase will play Sunday

That's great news!!

Will he have signed his extension?
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2024, 04:54 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Yes he is. Chase will play Sunday

How in heck do you know this?
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(09-03-2024, 05:15 PM)Destro Wrote: I saw something online ( yeah, I know ) that said when someone gets a fully guaranteed contract, that money is due in full into an escrow account, like Burrow's contract was. This could mean Brown has less liquid to make another large, guaranteed contract for Chase. "Regular" contracts are just paid out as usual. And if Brown does actually have the money, getting a loan would be fairly simple, as he has a huge asset: the team. A point may be he just doesn't want to borrow money for any reason. 

Then again, this may all be nothing like this, at all. 

This is basically the gist but there are some other factors.  

The money doesnt have to go into escrow upon signing, there is a specific date for escrow deposits.

Guaranteed money always includes the signing bonus.  That is paid upon signing and thus not escrowed.

The first year salary and bonuses, which are always guaranteed in big deals, are not required to be escrowed.

Future roster bonuses can be considered "rolling guarantees" and are usually not escrowed.

The funding rule requiring escrow is not a CBA negotiated rule.  It is a rule made by the owners only, and can be changed by the owners at any time. They havent because they use it as a negotiating tool to plead poor.

Is it truly required?  The wording of the funding rule in the CBA states that "the NFL may require a deposited escrow", not that it IS required.  Several accusations were made that Haslem did not escrow the $185M of Watson's contract that may have been required. 

Reply/Quote
(09-03-2024, 05:11 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: The man took a year off football, had maybe the greatest rookie season in NFL history not concerned whether or not some fans think he is ready or not

He also practiced all offseason leading up to his rookie year getting months of work in. No different then a player being injured in August and on IR but returning to participate in OTA's, camp, preseason etc.

If the player was injured in August and didn't return to practice at all until the Wednesday before week 1 then I doubt any of us would think they'd play.

I don't see how this correlates. 

Reply/Quote
(09-03-2024, 05:32 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: How in heck do you know this?

Wink Chase’s stats are too important to him. But he’s playing.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(09-03-2024, 05:28 PM)BengalBob Wrote: That's great news!!

Will he have signed his extension?

Dunno

Reply/Quote
It’s certainly ***** up the usual excitement levels for the start of the season.
Reply/Quote
maybe we will all forget about it, like when tee decided to show up, chase was the new distraction. i know i won't care about any of this shit if we're winning later, but in this division 1 extra loss is an absolute killer. It's not like Brady's years where he could cakewalk to the playoffs more than half the time.

no i don't think we can win a superbowl without chase, i'm 100% sure we can't win one without burrow. we've shown this to be true in the history of the organization.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2024, 06:18 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: maybe we will all forget about it, like when tee decided to show up, chase was the new distraction. i know i won't care about any of this shit if we're winning later, but in this division 1 extra loss is an absolute killer. It's not like Brady's years where he could cakewalk to the playoffs more than half the time.

no i don't think we can win a superbowl without chase, i'm 100% sure we can't win one without burrow. we've shown this to be true in the history of the organization.

Are starts have been so bad it's really handcuffed are playoff settings the past couple years that I was really hoping for a very good start since we have a decent schedule early. But this could throw a wrench in that. I guess game week is a little late but I'm really starting to get upset about this. I don't blame people for faulting Chase and I suppose I would to if I didn't think he was an amazing talent and just being overall disappointed with the Bengals handling of contracts recently. We heard they were hopeful to get something done this past weekend. Hopeful means to me that you are close on #s. If your close on #s then just suck it up and pay the man. Not sure how big of gap there has to be to drag your feet. I mean if we are talking the difference of 10-20 mil which I get is a lot of money. But that's nothing over 6 yrs and especially if the cap keeps rising like it has.
Reply/Quote