Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
Chase not Practicing
(09-04-2024, 07:29 PM)casear2727 Wrote: There were several things Carson wanted Brown to improve.  We were at the bottom of the barrel in almost every off field category on top of the lack of free agents.  

Im surprised at how many do not remember this, Carson was absolutely correct and so many fans were with him.  Fans today think Katie is great because we are a normal team with facilities and other items, but that is all Carson wanted.  Every fan should have wanted the same.  Free agents refused to even talk to the Bengals because it was such a shit show, besides the fact we didnt pay well.

It's very possible some % of the improvements we have is because of our Carson years.
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2024, 04:53 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: You're always sticky. Why is that?

Please, I don't want him to show us... Sad
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2024, 07:29 PM)casear2727 Wrote: There were several things Carson wanted Brown to improve.  We were at the bottom of the barrel in almost every off field category on top of the lack of free agents.  

Im surprised at how many do not remember this, Carson was absolutely correct and so many fans were with him.  Fans today think Katie is great because we are a normal team with facilities and other items, but that is all Carson wanted.  Every fan should have wanted the same.  Free agents refused to even talk to the Bengals because it was such a shit show, besides the fact we didnt pay well.

I think Bob Bratkowski was a factor as well.  The offense had become incredibly predictable.  

That team had some great personnel on offense with some real crap timing.  The o-line was actually pretty well paid.  Problem was, Jones declined due to injury and Willie was  starting to age.  As with all guards that earn big money, they showed zero interest in keeping Steinbach.  Marvin's lack of disciple likely played a factor as well.

Those were some very lean years in FA.  I remember one year when they signed some guy named Titus Adams and basically nothing else.  We got so thin at linebacker that they lined up a Geathers, Anthony Schlegel, and I think Ndukwe at LB vs prime New England in prime time.  Ouch.
Reply/Quote

I believe he wanted his O-line improved. Carson got the shit beat out of him. Quite a few times he got up and looked like Dusty Rhodes, all bloody.
Reply/Quote
2010 was an ugly year. Consisted of a 10 game losing streak.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2024, 08:13 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Please, I don't want him to show us... Sad

[Image: falcon-out.gif]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(09-04-2024, 07:20 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Great news. Something is going to happen I have no doubt now...

So Chase and Burrow were practicing, just on the sly?
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2024, 07:50 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Social media wasnt a big thing when Carson was pushing for change from Mike Brown.

Fans were p!ssy with Carson over his comments regarding Burrow, CP was 100% concerned about his health and the club's commitment to being truly successful.  And again he was 100% correct as the FO gave Burrow a pathetic sh!tty oline his first 2 years resulting in his knee being blown out his rookie season.  It wasnt until Katie really asserted herself after the 2021 season that we started to become a respectable organization.

Carson is waaaay more responsible for change than people want to admit. I'll never forget him being bloody in a pre-season game. He committed to the Bengals with the contract extension yet the Bengals only committed to paying him, not winning. I'll always respect him for standing his ground.
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2024, 07:50 PM)casear2727 Wrote: It wasnt until Katie really asserted herself after the 2021 season that we started to become a respectable organization.

We still have a long way to go. As long as MB draws breath, he's always going to meddle in the affairs of the organization. He's been the Achilles heel of this team since he took over. We like to think he has relinquished his FO to Katie because it makes us hopeful. Then, shit like these contract negotiations pop up and he's right there front and center like a genital wart you just can't seem to get rid of.
Reply/Quote
Tobin seems to be dodging a lot of criticism on here and I don’t think things will ever truly change until he’s replaced.

I’m sure he does a great job picking up old man Mike’s dry cleaning but as a GM or whatever his title is he’s lacking.

Sure he’s a nice bloke but is he what’s needed in 2024 for achampionship chasing team?

I think we could do better.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2024, 01:04 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: Tobin seems to be dodging a lot of criticism on here and I don’t think things will ever truly change until he’s replaced.

I’m sure he does a great job picking up old man Mike’s dry cleaning but as a GM or whatever his title is he’s lacking.

Sure he’s a nice bloke but is he what’s needed in 2024 for achampionship chasing team?

I think we could do better.

Tobin just had a great draft and added FA's not drafted as well.

I disagree, I think Tobin is getting better, not worse building a winning team. This thread is about Chase and his contract. Tobin does not negotiate player's contracts, that is Katie.
I am so ready for 2024 season. I love pro football and hoping for a great Bengals year. Regardless, always remember it is a game and entertainment. 
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2024, 12:27 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: We still have a long way to go. As long as MB draws breath, he's always going to meddle in the affairs of the organization. He's been the Achilles heel of this team since he took over. We like to think he has relinquished his FO to Katie because it makes us hopeful. Then, shit like these contract negotiations pop up and he's right there front and center like a genital wart you just can't seem to get rid of.

Shocked Shocked

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2024, 01:30 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Tobin does not negotiate player's contracts, that is Katie.

If so, then MB should keep his mouth shut and not talk to the press about it.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2024, 01:30 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Tobin just had a great draft and added FA's not drafted as well.

I disagree, I think Tobin is getting better, not worse building a winning team. This thread is about Chase and his contract. Tobin does not negotiate player's contracts, that is Katie.

Good afternoon Duke how are you?

You’ve just said it yourself the GM doesn’t handle the contracts who else does this in the league?

You don’t know if we’ve had a great draft none of them have played yet, what everyone else can tell you for sure is his previous drafts have been at best average.

We very rarely trade in season when we have a chance of winning.

Like I said comes across as a nice guy but if we want to win not just one but multiple championships it’s time to come in to the 21st century.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2024, 01:33 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: If so, then MB should keep his mouth shut and not talk to the press about it.

Right - why isn't Katie talking about it? Why is MB in front of the camera anymore? Relinquish dude, do you want to win a superbowl before you're gone? Or just run the business.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2024, 01:37 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: Good afternoon Duke how are you?

You’ve just said it yourself the GM doesn’t handle the contracts who else does this in the league?

You don’t know if we’ve had a great draft none of them have played yet, what everyone else can tell you for sure is his previous drafts have been at best average.

We very rarely trade in season when we have a chance of winning.

Like I said comes across as a nice guy but if we want to win not just one but multiple championships it’s time to come in to the 21st century.

Facepalm
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2024, 01:37 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: You don’t know if we’ve had a great draft none of them have played yet, what everyone else can tell you for sure is his previous drafts have been at best average.

What makes you say this? Every draft has players that don't work out. But have you seen the firepower on this team? Have you seen some of the defensive talent on this team? Seems to me the only busts we repeatedly get are when we draft OL in the early rounds. So it appears we are using FA to fill those holes. TBH, early-round picks on OL is high risk for anyone.
Reply/Quote
FWIW...which is not much but a glimmer of hope

https://www.reddit.com/r/bengals/comments/1f9ojx6/chases_deal_is_done/
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2024, 02:31 PM)Memphis_Bengal Wrote: FWIW...which is not much but a glimmer of hope

https://www.reddit.com/r/bengals/comments/1f9ojx6/chases_deal_is_done/

I thought I heard something about that on the radio earlier today, 1370 or 760 on the AM dial. It was a side note to some other news and they said the Bengals signed Jamarr Chase.

Well into some paperwork at the time, so it didn't hit me for 10-15 seconds after they said it. 

Up until this post, I thought I was imagining things.

We shall see...
Reply/Quote