Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
Chase not Practicing
(09-15-2024, 03:47 PM)Sled21 Wrote: They've played 1 game....

Now 2. He’s invisible. Part of that is Burrow playing like ass, but Chase is actually hurting them.

No way I pay him the money he wants. No way.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2024, 09:20 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Now 2. He’s invisible. Part of that is Burrow playing like ass, but Chase is actually hurting them.

No way I pay him the money he wants. No way.

Well he actually had atleast two plays week 1 that could've gone for possible scores if Burrow throws the ball. The Chiefs basically take Chase or whomever the top player is away and force everyone else to pick up the load. Seems like the Bengals had a gameplan set up to run with that with all the TE targets. I have no doubt that if he remains healthy Chase will show us multiple times why he deserves to be paid.
Reply/Quote
Chase is an overrated 1200 yard receiver living off of an amazing rookie year.

His meltdown yesterday only highlights his mental state and high anxiety regarding this season with no contract. Even Tee was giving him a massive side-eye over his antics. 

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2024, 11:14 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Well he actually had atleast two plays week 1 that could've gone for possible scores if Burrow throws the ball. The Chiefs basically take Chase or whomever the top player is away and force everyone else to pick up the load. Seems like the Bengals had a gameplan set up to run with that with all the TE targets. I have no doubt that if he remains healthy Chase will show us multiple times why he deserves to be paid.

Yep. Without Tee, teams will just double Chase and we really don't have any other guys who can get open.

Missing Boyd too.
Reply/Quote
KC looked really good against the Ravens. I know many on here can’t move on from the constant slow starts and losing to the Pats. But they got beat at the gun yesterday on a PI by a rookie. Going and winning in KC against the SB Champs 3-4 years doesn’t happen. Let’s see how they do this year.I think it’s their best team. We almost beat them with a depleted DL and #2 WR Tee Higgins. My buddy who played at Oklahoma State in the early 2000’s watches the NFL and objectively. He’s a Falcons fan.But he pays attention to the Bengals as we kind of rival.He wasn’t/isn’t a big Chase fan right now.Says he doesn’t look like he’s balling out or looks disinterested. He’s been a fan. I think the negativity is unwarranted about the team after yesterday. Warranted versus the Pats.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(09-16-2024, 09:28 AM)jj22 Wrote: Chase is an overrated 1200 yard receiver living off of an amazing rookie year.

His meltdown yesterday only highlights his mental state and high anxiety regarding this season with no contract. Even Tee was giving him a massive side-eye over his antics. 

Okay. I blame the front office for this. Bates openly said he struggled with the tag mentally. So we tag him again we tag Higgins we don't communicate well with Jonah, Dunlap we misrepresent our contract plans with Whitworth and Hendrickson. Then we fail to give Chase the going rate for top WR dragging it all the way to the gun of the season. Sure Chase may not be in a perfect head space but at a certain point we have to take an honest look at the common denominator. 
Reply/Quote
I don't expect much in Free Agency in 2025 with the massive Chase deal still hanging over the Bengals heads. That was another major reason to get it done early. Shame too because the defensive line is getting worse and older.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Chase needs to lower his demand quite a bit so they can sign Tee as well, for the simple fact that he cant open without him. I know its crazy to have to do for the "best WR" in the league but...............

Reply/Quote
(09-17-2024, 10:52 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Chase needs to lower his demand quite a bit so they can sign Tee as well, for the simple fact that he cant open without him.  I know its crazy to have to do for the "best WR" in the league but...............

Chase is good but to call him the best is a bit over the skis.  The best beat the double coverage.  I'm just waiting for same scenario last year where he starts playing "me" ball and complaining about getting enough touches.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2024, 12:25 PM)Daddy-O Wrote: Chase is good but to call him the best is a bit over the skis.  The best beat the double coverage.  I'm just waiting for same scenario last year where he starts playing "me" ball and complaining about getting enough touches.

"a bit over the skis" or...... sarcasm.

Reply/Quote
(09-16-2024, 01:59 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Okay. I blame the front office for this. Bates openly said he struggled with the tag mentally. So we tag him again we tag Higgins we don't communicate well with Jonah, Dunlap we misrepresent our contract plans with Whitworth and Hendrickson. Then we fail to give Chase the going rate for top WR dragging it all the way to the gun of the season. Sure Chase may not be in a perfect head space but at a certain point we have to take an honest look at the common denominator. 

It was laughable to think that this organization just magically changed because they drafted Joe Burrow, and built a practice bubble. What's her name? Elizabeth? She may be young with these fresh ideas, but she's still a nepo hire. It's the same ol same ol.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I made a comment here when they were having trouble with Higgins contract talks and I said just wait till they have to try and sign Chase and watch the show  Shockedand here we are.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2024, 07:14 PM)jason Wrote: It was laughable to think that this organization just magically changed because they drafted Joe Burrow, and built a practice bubble. What's her name? Elizabeth? She may be young with these fresh ideas, but she's still a nepo hire. It's the same ol same ol.

was great to see everybody buy into the hype for elizabeth blackburn lol 

like she was all of a sudden going to forget the tips and tricks her father taught her about running the family business 

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2024, 01:59 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Okay. I blame the front office for this. Bates openly said he struggled with the tag mentally. So we tag him again we tag Higgins we don't communicate well with Jonah, Dunlap we misrepresent our contract plans with Whitworth and Hendrickson. Then we fail to give Chase the going rate for top WR dragging it all the way to the gun of the season. Sure Chase may not be in a perfect head space but at a certain point we have to take an honest look at the common denominator. 

We were finally done with Jonah (thankfully), Dunlap would not play within Lou's system and threw a temper tantrum, and they offered Chase the same money JJ got. But nice revisionism. 
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2024, 07:20 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: was great to see everybody buy into the hype for elizabeth blackburn lol 

like she was all of a sudden going to forget the tips and tricks her father taught her about running the family business 

WTF does Elizabeth have to do with any of this? She's not in charge of contracts. 
Reply/Quote
I'd pay Chase and say buh bye to Tee. Invest the Tee money in the DL and then focus on a solid TE room (the best TEs are usually going to get less money than the best WRs). The offense should be designed so that Chase gets plenty of targets every week.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2024, 07:20 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: was great to see everybody buy into the hype for elizabeth blackburn lol 

Elizabeth is the granddaughter of Mike Brown.  NOT his daughter.  

For some reason, people on this board think that Elizabeth is responsible for facilities and player decisions.  She is not and Im not sure why or how this ever became a thing?

Her mother, Katie, is in charge of all of that.  Katie has been an executive with the team longer than Elizabeth has been alive.

Elizabeth is in charge of Fan Engagement.  Most of that is marketing and fan experience.  Katie is an attorney and works with contracts and budget.

Elizabeth simply spends the organization's cash to keep fans engaged and spending their money.

Paul H. Brown, Katie's little brother, is the Vice President of Personnel and works with Tobin.  Katie's husband, Troy is the team Vice President.  Caroline Balckburn is the Senior Manager of Digital Strategy.

The entire family works here, yippie.....

I am not sure if team employees Andrew and Dan Brown are family related or not.  I think Andrew is...

Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 09:46 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Elizabeth is the granddaughter of Mike Brown.  NOT his daughter.  

For some reason, people on this board think that Elizabeth is responsible for facilities and player decisions.  She is not and Im not sure why or how this ever became a thing?

Her mother, Katie, is in charge of all of that.  Katie has been an executive with the team longer than Elizabeth has been alive.

Elizabeth is in charge of Fan Engagement.  Most of that is marketing and fan experience.  Katie is an attorney and works with contracts and budget.

Elizabeth simply spends the organization's cash to keep fans engaged and spending their money.

....and I think she's doing a good job of it. Wasn't she also the one pushing for the Ring of Honor?

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
If all the draft picks end up panning out, this is what I expect the offensive weapons to be next year:

WR - Chase (newly-paid), Burton, Iosivas
TE - All, Sample (primarily as a blocker), McLachlan
RB - Moss, Brown

Irwin and Higgins are in a contract year. I doubt either is retained. At least one WR will be drafted who has more offensive potential than Irwin.
Trayveon Williams is also in a contract year. I would expect a RB drafted to take his place, but I thought that would happen this Spring and it didn't so maybe I'm wrong.

If Gesicki plays well and McLachlan isn't quite far enough along, I can see Gesicki re-sign on another 1-year contract, but I get the feeling he'll follow suit with Uzomah and Hurst and depart in FA after one solid year with the Bengals.

I really hope the young weapons pan out so the Bengals can put their early draft picks toward IOL. Karras is in his contract year, and Volson and Cappa will be in a contract year next year.
I would love to see Matt Lee emerge as the new C in place of Karras, but I'll never say no to getting a C early in the draft if he has elite traits and measurables (e.g. Ragnow).
I doubt the Bengals will keep both Cappa and Volson, so I am thinking a new OG starter in 2026.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 09:57 AM)ochocincos Wrote: If all the draft picks end up panning out, this is what I expect the offensive weapons to be next year:

WR - Chase (newly-paid), Burton, Iosivas
TE - All, Sample (primarily as a blocker), McLachlan
RB - Moss, Brown

Irwin and Higgins are in a contract year. I doubt either is retained. At least one WR will be drafted who has more offensive potential than Irwin.
Trayveon Williams is also in a contract year. I would expect a RB drafted to take his place, but I thought that would happen this Spring and it didn't so maybe I'm wrong.

If Gesicki plays well and McLachlan isn't quite far enough along, I can see Gesicki re-sign on another 1-year contract, but I get the feeling he'll follow suit with Uzomah and Hurst and depart in FA after one solid year with the Bengals.

I really hope the young weapons pan out so the Bengals can put their early draft picks toward IOL. Karras is in his contract year, and Volson and Cappa will be in a contract year next year.
I would love to see Matt Lee emerge as the new C in place of Karras, but I'll never say no to getting a C early in the draft if he has elite traits and measurables (e.g. Ragnow).
I doubt the Bengals will keep both Cappa and Volson, so I am thinking a new OG starter in 2026.

I think WR is going to always going to be on the board because of the offense they run. The IOL and IDL future looks bleak right now.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote