Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
Chase not Practicing
(Yesterday, 10:02 AM)Synric Wrote: I think WR is going to always going to be on the board because of the offense they run. The IOL and IDL future looks bleak right now.

IOL is relatively cheap to address in FA, however.  They are going to give Jenkins and Jackson at least a couple of years before hitting the panic button on the IDL.  Might see them go after a run stuffing NT, but that's it.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 10:22 AM)Whatever Wrote: IOL is relatively cheap to address in FA, however.  They are going to give Jenkins and Jackson at least a couple of years before hitting the panic button on the IDL.  Might see them go after a run stuffing NT, but that's it.  

I can see BJ Hill and Zach Carter gone next year so they will likely need at least 2 replacements. They really really need a 3 down nose tackle hopefully Jackson shows a little of that but that's a big if.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 08:18 AM)Sled21 Wrote: WTF does Elizabeth have to do with any of this? She's not in charge of contracts. 

(Yesterday, 09:46 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Elizabeth is the granddaughter of Mike Brown.  NOT his daughter.  

For some reason, people on this board think that Elizabeth is responsible for facilities and player decisions.  She is not and Im not sure why or how this ever became a thing?

Her mother, Katie, is in charge of all of that.  Katie has been an executive with the team longer than Elizabeth has been alive.

Elizabeth is in charge of Fan Engagement.  Most of that is marketing and fan experience.  Katie is an attorney and works with contracts and budget.

Elizabeth simply spends the organization's cash to keep fans engaged and spending their money.

Paul H. Brown, Katie's little brother, is the Vice President of Personnel and works with Tobin.  Katie's husband, Troy is the team Vice President.  Caroline Balckburn is the Senior Manager of Digital Strategy.

The entire family works here, yippie.....

I am not sure if team employees Andrew and Dan Brown are family related or not.  I think Andrew is...

Yea I meant Katie Blackburn. But whatever, they’re still going to run it like Mike Brown does. This is a family operation. This is their income.

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 10:02 AM)Synric Wrote: I think WR is going to always going to be on the board because of the offense they run. The IOL and IDL future looks bleak right now.

IDL I would think should also be an early target, but it needs to be a pass rusher.
My plan for 2025 would be for Rankins to cover 3T while Jenkins covers 1T.
Jackson backup 1T. Carter gone..
Draft new 3T to groom behind Rankins for a year and play in a rotational role before taking over as starter the following year.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 08:17 AM)Sled21 Wrote: We were finally done with Jonah (thankfully), Dunlap would not play within Lou's system and threw a temper tantrum, and they offered Chase the same money JJ got. But nice revisionism. 

Ummm. We were also done with Whitworth to so I guess that's good.
Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 08:17 AM)Sled21 Wrote: We were finally done with Jonah (thankfully), Dunlap would not play within Lou's system and threw a temper tantrum, and they offered Chase the same money JJ got. But nice revisionism. 

LOL, trying to make fun of someone for revisionism and then blatantly doing it yourself in the same post.

Dunlap was upset he was demoted to 3rd string behind absolute scrubs like Amani Bledsoe, Khalid Kareem, and 33-year-old Margus Hunt, despite Dunlap coming off a 9 sack/13 TFL/21 QB Hit/89.7 PFF grade season. Made worse by the fact he had to find out about it from a whiteboard rather than being talked like you'd expect as a professional courtesy.

We finished 26th overall/22nd scoring/29th rushing/32nd sacks that year.

[Image: andrew-whitworth-with-a-nice-block-on-aj...-catch.gif]
Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 09:46 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Elizabeth is the granddaughter of Mike Brown.  NOT his daughter.  

For some reason, people on this board think that Elizabeth is responsible for facilities and player decisions.  She is not and Im not sure why or how this ever became a thing?

Her mother, Katie, is in charge of all of that.  Katie has been an executive with the team longer than Elizabeth has been alive.

Elizabeth is in charge of Fan Engagement.  Most of that is marketing and fan experience.  Katie is an attorney and works with contracts and budget.

Elizabeth simply spends the organization's cash to keep fans engaged and spending their money.

Paul H. Brown, Katie's little brother, is the Vice President of Personnel and works with Tobin.  Katie's husband, Troy is the team Vice President.  Caroline Balckburn is the Senior Manager of Digital Strategy.

The entire family works here, yippie.....

I am not sure if team employees Andrew and Dan Brown are family related or not.  I think Andrew is...

For whatever Elizabeth and Caroline's jobs are...they are knocking it out of the park. The rest of the family should take note.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 10:47 AM)Synric Wrote: I can see BJ Hill and Zach Carter gone next year so they will likely need at least 2 replacements. They really really need a 3 down nose tackle hopefully Jackson shows a little of that but that's a big if.

Hill is on the last year of his contract and is a free agent next year.  Im sure he will look to get as much as he can from whatever team wants to pay him.  Carter is such a disappointment for a 3rd round pick.  He hasnt done anything since he was drafted.  I would not be surprised to see him gone as well. 
Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 03:24 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: LOL, trying to make fun of someone for revisionism and then blatantly doing it yourself in the same post.

Dunlap was upset he was demoted to 3rd string behind absolute scrubs like Amani Bledsoe, Khalid Kareem, and 33-year-old Margus Hunt, despite Dunlap coming off a 9 sack/13 TFL/21 QB Hit/89.7 PFF grade season. Made worse by the fact he had to find out about it from a whiteboard rather than being talked like you'd expect as a professional courtesy.

We finished 26th overall/22nd scoring/29th rushing/32nd sacks that year.

Uh, like I said, he was demoted because he refused to play within the system and thought Lou didn't know what he was doing, then throwing a temper tantrum and posting the depth chart online before it was released.
Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 03:05 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Ummm. We were also done with Whitworth to so I guess that's good.

They offered Whit a 1 year deal. Betting on him to be good for 3 more was not a smart bet. It worked out for LA, but the odds were way not in their favor on that one.
Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 03:31 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: For whatever Elizabeth and Caroline's jobs are...they are knocking it out of the park. The rest of the family should take note.

They are the only non-lawyers in the family... just saying 
Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 05:11 PM)Sled21 Wrote: They offered Whit a 1 year deal. Betting on him to be good for 3 more was not a smart bet. It worked out for LA, but the odds were way not in their favor on that one.

My previous post was not the best response. All I'm trying to say is the franchise has not had the best communication with players or treated that well in some stories we have heard. Maybe that's true with all organizations but the Bengals are outliers in some of these regards. In ways that can hamper all involved. 
Reply/Quote
Interesting blurb about how Burrow is 1st player Bengals insured:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/41274295/nfl-insurance-policies-star-players-aaron-rodgers-tua-tagovailoa-jared-goff-joe-burrow-christian-mccaffrey
Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 05:11 PM)Sled21 Wrote: They offered Whit a 1 year deal. Betting on him to be good for 3 more was not a smart bet. It worked out for LA, but the odds were way not in their favor on that one.

You play the odds, right? At 35, most tackles play falls off...or they get injured.

But since, I think several have maintained that level.

What burns the Bengals is they draft to replace guys they won't retain...but many times that drafted guy flops.
Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 10:47 AM)Synric Wrote: I can see BJ Hill and Zach Carter gone next year so they will likely need at least 2 replacements. They really really need a 3 down nose tackle hopefully Jackson shows a little of that but that's a big if.

Hill will likely be gone, but Carter...folks have said that for awhile.  I'll believe it when I see it.  
Reply/Quote