Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The rookie we haven't talked about
Apparently, because Robbins was placed on IR with the cut down day designated to return qualifier, they had to put him on the active roster before any other transaction could take place.  This is all roster gymnastics

Winning makes believers of us all

Reply/Quote
(09-30-2024, 02:43 PM)pally Wrote: Apparently, because Robbins was placed on IR with the cut down day designated to return qualifier, they had to put him on the active roster before any other transaction could take place.  This is all roster gymnastics

Which is comforting, but continues to make one wonder why they put him on the IR to return to begin with. He wasn't going to be better than signing a random unemployed punter and you have a limited amount of guys you can get back from the IR each year, no?

[Image: joe-burrow.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2024, 05:11 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Which is comforting, but continues to make one wonder why they put him on the IR to return to begin with. He wasn't going to be better than signing a random unemployed punter and you have a limited amount of guys you can get back from the IR each year, no?

A team can bring back 8 in the regular season and now an additional two in the post season.  The post season addition was a new rule made this year.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10125544-nfl-announces-rule-change-for-players-returning-from-injured-reserve-in-2024-season

Quote:The NFL and NFL Players Association agreed to slightly altered injured reserve rules for the 2024 season that will allow teams to "designate for return" an additional two players in the postseason, alongside the already permitted eight players in the regular season, per NFL Network's Tom Pelissero.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2024, 05:11 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Which is comforting, but continues to make one wonder why they put him on the IR to return to begin with. He wasn't going to be better than signing a random unemployed punter and you have a limited amount of guys you can get back from the IR each year, no?

But they knew what he could do vs than random guy off the street who may or may not be better.  Ryan had a shakey pre-season.  It was worth it to have the back up

Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(09-30-2024, 02:21 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I said he was awful from the get go last year as well, Chrisman was infinitely better FFS, save for Hangtime (where he wasn't that far off Robbins), it was a maddening pick.

Yep, that stats shows the obvious story on this one. Robbins was just bad at NFL level and there's not much more to be said about it. I was willing to see if some development time would see him improve, but the punter this year highlights even moreso what a poor draft pick Robbins was. 

Either way, thankfully we've found a phenomenal punter in Rehkow.
Reply/Quote
and Robbins has been waived

Reply/Quote
Nice, I think we might have our new Punter in Rehkow.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2024, 02:11 PM)pally Wrote: and Robbins has been waived

I think that was expected.  They had to have a roster spot to bring him off the IR so they could waive him.  Wouldnt surprise me to see the Bengals sign him to the practice squad.  I cant see too many teams being interested in claiming him off of waivers
Reply/Quote
If he sees the field Sunday, we lose.
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
Rehkow has been a blessing. We've struggled in the punting game for a little while, but it appears we now have our answer.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
I kind of doubt Rehkow wins Rookie of the year honors, but it would be kind of cool if it happened.   Tongue
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote