Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1 day, 2 shootings in spotlight:
(09-22-2016, 09:02 AM)fredtoast Wrote: And you think a person is involved in criminal activity just because he asks you what time it is.  You think you have amazing heightened sense that allow you to treat an innocent person like a criminal with out a shred of credible evidence.

More lies.  Honestly, have you no shred of decency sir.  Do you think you're winning internet points by stating outright falsehoods?

Quote:It is this type of behavior that creates so many problems between police and citizens.  

An odd statement considering the incident you're trying to site occurred when I was not working.  Which you would have known if you'd actually read the post instead of cherry picking parts so you could make your fake, lying, point.

Quote:It is frustrating, it's unfair, and frankly it's bullshit.

Awww, sorry Fred.  Maybe if you actually comprehended the points being made you'd be less frustrated?  Grown up discussions and concepts can be difficult though, you have my sympathy.
(09-22-2016, 11:38 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Awww, sorry Fred.  Maybe if you actually comprehended the points being made you'd be less frustrated?  Grown up discussions and concepts can be difficult though, you have my sympathy.

He may be like many academics.
He may lack the ability to pick up on social cues or body language.
I'm not saying he's autistic, just that he may not have processed social experiences into data and have the ability to deduce likelihoods from said data.
Given how adamant he is, I'm inclined to lean that direction.

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk
So a thug has been charged with manslaughter. History of smoking pot. History of domestic violence. History of harassing women.

Sarcasm on my part, but these are all things in her past. Admitted to using pot. Cited in her past for damaging her boyfriend's car. Restraining order for harassing her ex's wife.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
The family in the Charlotte shooting went from "He don't have no MF gun, he was holding a book", to "no comment" after they saw the video.

But to their credit thay have asked for the videos to be made public.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(09-23-2016, 01:11 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The family in the Charlotte shooting went from "He don't have no MF gun, he was holding a book", to "no comment" after they saw the video.

But to their credit thay have asked for the videos to be made public.

Could he have had both?

Could he have been reading a book with a gun on him?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(09-23-2016, 01:42 PM)GMDino Wrote: Could he have had both?

Could he have been reading a book with a gun on him?

Or a book hollowed out to house a gun...

I don't think there was a book. 

(09-23-2016, 01:55 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Or a book hollowed out to house a gun...

Could have been a book about guns.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(09-23-2016, 01:55 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Could have been a book about guns.

Maybe they meant "magazine" as in a gun with a magazine. 

(09-23-2016, 01:55 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Or a book hollowed out to house a gun...

Maybe not.  I'm just saying that if someone said he was reading a book that doesn't mean he didn't have a gun, nor the other way around.
I wish I could say that the people going crazy about this incident will be humbled or look embarrassed when the video comes out, but they won't. You don't go this over the top to the point of rioting without seeing what happened unless you wanted an excuse to get to this point.

Similar to Baltimore. You had the peaceful protest organized to make a point about a very real problem. Then you had the rioters who just wanted to riot. Not limited to just one group of people. I haven't seen any news on this, but I would hope that leadership within the area sought information before deciding to protest in Charlotte and that those behind the unrest aren't part of any organized groups in their community.

(09-23-2016, 02:00 PM)GMDino Wrote: Maybe not.  I'm just saying that if someone said he was reading a book that doesn't mean he didn't have a gun, nor the other way around.

I'm willing to bet, though, that if the family commented "no comment" after the police showed them a video, and that if the police and witnesses claimed he brandished a gun, he had a gun and they knew. 

I wanted to give everyone the benefit of the doubt when there's little we the public know, but the rational part of my brain is saying, yea, looks like he had a gun. 

(09-23-2016, 02:03 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I wish I could say that the people going crazy about this incident will be humbled or look embarrassed when the video comes out, but they won't. You don't go this over the top to the point of rioting without seeing what happened unless you wanted an excuse to get to this point.

Similar to Baltimore. You had the peaceful protest organized to make a point about a very real problem. Then you had the rioters who just wanted to riot. Not limited to just one group of people. I haven't seen any news on this, but I would hope that leadership within the area sought  information before deciding to protest in Charlotte and that those behind the unrest aren't part of any organized groups in their community.

The rioters are opportunists, many probably not even from the area.  It stinks, because even if the protestors end up being incorrect, it really doesn't hurt anything, but then in come the people who just want to break and steal things.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(09-23-2016, 01:55 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Could have been a book about guns.
Or a gun that looks like a book/cell phone.

[Image: Taurus-Curve-180CRV-3.jpg]
(09-23-2016, 02:58 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Or a gun that looks like a book/cell phone.

[Image: Taurus-Curve-180CRV-3.jpg]

How about a cell phone that looks like a gun?

[Image: 2A22422900000578-3145611-The_iPhone_case...188059.jpg]
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(09-23-2016, 04:53 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: How about a cell phone that looks like a gun?

Hah !
I forgot about that one.

(09-23-2016, 04:53 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: How about a cell phone that looks like a gun?

Who would be dumb enough to have one of those?
Quote:These protesters handed out flowers, donuts and hugs

It has been an ugly week in Charlotte. The death of Keith Lamont Scott at the hands of police sparked nights of riots. Property was destroyed, trust between citizens and police eroded and one man was even killed.

But in between the violence and pain, a few bright moments shone out. Then, on Thursday night, the clouds seemed to break. The streets of downtown Charlotte were still filled with protesters, but the activities were mostly peaceful. Protesters and police shared kindnesses and conversation, handshakes and hugs.

The conflict in Charlotte has certainly not dissolved, but these heartwarming moments were reminders of a common humanity.

They shone in solidarity

Terrance Hawkins lives an hour outside of Charlotte and drove down to participate in a teach-in and to join the protests. He shot this video last night of protesters showing support for people being held in jail cells. The inmates can be seen flickering their lights on and off while the protesters chant "We see you, we love you!"
[/url]
[Image: Lls0ZxT_Alh1e0jk.jpg]

Quote:

Follow
[Image: ofbocft-_normal.jpg]terrance @terrance_tweets
#solidarity people held in jail r flickering their lights as we chant "we see you we love you!" #CharlotteUprising
9:44 PM - 22 Sep 2016

They pinned flowers

A truly moving picture from Thursday night featured a woman sharing a moment with a police officer. What could have been an incendiary meeting was instead one of gentleness. Antonique Alexander approached the police officer and pinned a flower on his lapel.

"I drove back to support my city. My city needed me," said Alexander, 21, a senior at UNC Greensboro. She said she "hope[s] to get some kind of answer" about what happened to Scott.
View image on Twitter
[Image: CtA0tAsWcAAlr6s.jpg]

Quote:

Follow
[Image: b945a87758d81f38e76696379961d913_normal.jpeg]Holly Yan 

@HollyYanCNN
Nice moment when a #Charlotte protester thanked a cop for shaking her hand & speaking w/her. She gave him a flower:
12:48 AM - 23 Sep 2016

They shook hands and exchanged hugs

Elsewhere in the city, others formed a line to shake soldiers' hands and hug them.
View image on Twitter
[Image: CtAmXt-WcAAho39.jpg]

Quote:

Follow
[Image: 25jsWDoS_normal.jpg]Adam Rhew @AdamRhew
Great moment of protesters shaking hands of National Guard soldiers outside the Ritz.
11:46 PM - 22 Sep 2016 · Charlotte, NC, United States

They handed out donuts

On Thursday night, the National Guard and police force were armed in heavy riot gear, but one woman, who gave her name as Vera, was armed with dozens of Krispy Kreme donuts and free bottled water to give out to law enforcement.

[Image: n4bvusPgskATBxll.jpg]

Quote:

Follow
[Image: 42thBgz8_normal.jpg]Corey Davis 

@CoreyWYFF
Ran it into this woman who is giving out free doughnuts & water to#Charlotte police & members of the National Guard.#CharlotteProtest
8:33 PM - 22 Sep 2016

"I wanted to thank them for trying to protect the city, they're doing a wonderful job. Not everyone feel(s) the same," she said, while expressing her disappointment for violence that targeted officers the past two nights.

They raised money for sweets

A mom and daughter dropped off batches of sweets and personally delivered them to three police stations, prompting a proud post from grandma.

" With all the chaos going on in Charlotte, N.C., our daughter spends the day gathering donations of cookies and cupcakes ... to show the love, respect and appreciation she and her community has for what they do day in and day out to protect and serve with honor!"
They pitched in for burgers for cops

One resident dropped off 20 pounds of wings and a boatload of burgers at the Charlotte police department.

They made an impact

The Charlotte Fire Department expressed its thanks in a tweet that said, "Very appreciative of our community! Many have supported us with food, coffee, snacks or just plain love. Our city is the best!"

View image on Twitter
[Image: CtA4fwSUEAAYMJ7.jpg:large]

Quote:

Follow
[Image: 5RKWPzBb_normal.jpg]Charlotte Fire Comms 

@CFD_Alarm
Very appreciative of our community! Many have supported us with food, coffee, snacks or just plain love. Our City is the best!#TheQueenCity
1:05 AM - 23 Sep 2016 · Charlotte Fire Station 1, United States
  • [url=https://twitter.com/intent/tweet?in_reply_to=779184859914743808]

http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/23/us/charlotte-protests-heartwarming-gestures-trnd/
I pulled this quote from the meme thread to keep it clean:

(09-24-2016, 02:20 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: You don't see any of the peaceful protesters stopping any of the rioters, do you?

See the post above and this link:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2016/09/24/meet-one-peacekeepers-charlotte-protests/91024386/

They most certainly are.
(09-25-2016, 11:45 AM)GMDino Wrote: I pulled this quote

You're going to go blind, if you keep that up.
Say What
(09-22-2016, 11:38 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: More lies.  Honestly, have you no shred of decency sir.  Do you think you're winning internet points by stating outright falsehoods?

No lie at all.  You admitted that you perceived a person to be involved in criminal activity when he asked you what time it was based solely on your "heightened senses".  there was no credible evidnce that he was at all.

Do you dent this.  You know I can dig up the post if you want me to.