Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1 day, 2 shootings in spotlight:
(09-22-2016, 11:38 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: An odd statement considering the incident you're trying to site occurred when I was not working.  Which you would have known if you'd actually read the post instead of cherry picking parts so you could make your fake, lying, point.

So your are a law officer and you think you have heightened sense that allow you to detect illegal activity, but you expect us to believe that you never use these abilities while you are on the job?

Hilarious Hilarious
(09-26-2016, 01:18 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So your are a law officer and you think you have heightened sense that allow you to detect illegal activity, but you expect us to believe that you never use these abilities while you are on the job?

Boring, as usual. 
(09-26-2016, 01:58 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Boring, as usual. 

Another example of that "officer attitude" I keep pointing out.

It is insulting to the intelligence of the public for a police officer to claim that he has heightened sense that allow him to detect criminal behavior without any actual evidence yet he never uses these sense in his job which involves detecting criminal behavior.  Yet you expect us all just to believe you because you are a police officer.
(09-26-2016, 02:04 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Another example of that "officer attitude" I keep pointing out.

It is insulting to the intelligence of the public for a police officer to claim that he has heightened sense that allow him to detect criminal behavior without any actual evidence yet he never uses these sense in his job which involves detecting criminal behavior.  Yet you expect us all just to believe you because you are a police officer.

It's insulting to the intelligence of everyone reading your posts that you keep pretending something was said that was never said.  Endlessly repeating said lie is when you entered boring territory. 
(09-26-2016, 02:17 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: It's insulting to the intelligence of everyone reading your posts that you keep pretending something was said that was never said.  Endlessly repeating said lie is when you entered boring territory. 

Last chance.  Are you denying that you claimed that you can tell if a person is involved in criminal activity without any physical evidence at all?  Didn't you specifically say that you "definitely" knew a person was involved in criminal activity just because he asked you what time it was?

Maybe something like this.....

My friend and I were coming out of the liquor store on Willoughby and Cahuenga (ish) around 10 pm and this kid came up and asked what time it was.  I went off on him, told him he had his people confused and to **** off and I'd better never see him in the area again.
(09-26-2016, 02:45 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Last chance.  Are you denying that you claimed that you can tell if a person is involved in criminal activity without any physical evidence at all?

All the time? I absolutely never claimed that.

Quote:Didn't you specifically say that you "definitely" knew a person was involved in criminal activity just because he asked you what time it was?

In that instance, absolutely.

Quote:Maybe something like this.....

My friend and I were coming out of the liquor store on Willoughby and Cahuenga (ish) around 10 pm and this kid came up and asked what time it was.  I went off on him, told him he had his people confused and to **** off and I'd better never see him in the area again.

Yup, and by his reaction I was 100% correct.  It's called experience Fred, I'm very good at my job.  There's a huge difference between a guy walking down the street on some normal business and a person dressed the same exact way who is not.  There are numerous physical cues and a good officer can do excellent proactive enforcement if they can pick up on these cues.  It doesn't require you rousting said guy, you don't violate their rights.  Now feel free to return to stating I have mystical powers to see into men's souls.  You only make yourself look foolish in so doing.
(09-26-2016, 02:04 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Another example of that "officer attitude" I keep pointing out.

I think it may have more to do with training and less to do with a "sixth sense" as you try to claim.

Do you have a "sixth sense" on law?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(09-26-2016, 04:12 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Yup, and by his reaction I was 100% correct. 

What was his reaction, and how would an innocent person have reacted to being cursed and threatened?
(09-26-2016, 04:59 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I think it may have more to do with training and less to do with a "sixth sense" as you try to claim.

If it had anything to do with training then he would give details of how exactly he knew the guy was involved in criminal activity.  But he can't do that.  Instead he said it was a "feeler question" which means that asking someone what time it is makes you a criminal in his eyes.
(09-26-2016, 04:12 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote:  It's called experience Fred, I'm very good at my job. 

But I thought you did not use this "experience" on your job?
(09-26-2016, 04:12 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote:  you don't violate their rights.  

I'm pretty sure telling him he can not return to that area again is a big violation of his rights.
(09-26-2016, 05:03 PM)fredtoast Wrote: If it had anything to do with training then he would give details of how exactly he knew the guy was involved in criminal activity.  But he can't do that.  Instead he said it was a "feeler question" which means that asking someone what time it is makes you a criminal in his eyes.

Nope, as I explained, not just the question, body languages mannerisms, tone of voice it all plays into it.  As for his reaction, he looked at me for a second, nodded and walked away.

I'll give you another example that literally happened last month.  Sitting with a fellow employee waiting, three older juveniles walk by on the opposite side of the street.  The lead one is throwing his cell phone high in the air and then catching it.  The three of them stop, converse quickly and then two enter a store.  While entering the store the cell phone thrower turns back in response to a question from the kid staying outside and throws the phone to him, about ten to fifteen feet away.  My "sixth sense" is tingling. Ninja

The other two enter the store and exit about three minutes later.  They are now wearing backpacks that they did not have when they entered the store that appear to be completely full.  Fortunately my mystical powers noticed their odd behavior and I decided to pay attention to them.  Otherwise they would have gotten away with burglarizing the store. 
(09-26-2016, 05:07 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I'm pretty sure telling him he can not return to that area again is a big violation of his rights.

Hahaha, you fail at law again.  Recall that I am off duty and tell the class why you're wrong.
(09-26-2016, 05:13 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Nope, as I explained, not just the question, body languages mannerisms, tone of voice it all plays into it.  As for his reaction, he looked at me for a second, nodded and walked away.

I'll give you another example that literally happened last month.  Sitting with a fellow employee waiting, three older juveniles walk by on the opposite side of the street.  The lead one is throwing his cell phone high in the air and then catching it.  The three of them stop, converse quickly and then two enter a store.  While entering the store the cell phone thrower turns back in response to a question from the kid staying outside and throws the phone to him, about ten to fifteen feet away.  My "sixth sense" is tingling. Ninja

The other two enter the store and exit about three minutes later.  They are now wearing backpacks that they did not have when they entered the store that appear to be completely full.  Fortunately my mystical powers noticed their odd behavior and I decided to pay attention to them.  Otherwise they would have gotten away with burglarizing the store. 

Would you say there is a difference in those two stories?

One where all you said was the guy asked you what time it was and the other where you actually saw them walk in and walk out with backpacks they didn't have when they went in?  Cool
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(09-26-2016, 05:13 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Nope, as I explained, not just the question, body languages mannerisms, tone of voice it all plays into it.  As for his reaction, he looked at me for a second, nodded and walked away.

What mannerisms?

What types of body language?

You've been through this drill before, right?  Articulate your "objective justification" for reasonable suspicion. 

And finally your comment that his reaction "proved" you were right is total BS.  That is probably the exact same reaction I would have to some dude acting crazy and threatening me just for asking what time it was.  I certainly am not going to start some big conflict with a crazy man.  

What type of reaction would have "proved" that you were wrong?
(09-26-2016, 05:14 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Hahaha, you fail at law again.  Recall that I am off duty and tell the class why you're wrong.

Now I am confused.  You claim using these powers makes you "good at my job", but now you are acting like you don't use these powers while on the job.
(09-26-2016, 05:32 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Now I am confused.  You claim using these powers makes you "good at my job", but now you are acting like you don't use these powers while on the job.

I'll explain again, since you're having trouble.  You stated I violated this kid's rights in the instance I described.  I'm stating legally I absolutely did not.  What was lacking from the scenario I described that would indicate that not only were rights not violated but that violating them wasn't legally possible?  Please, you have a law degree this is a first semester question.
(09-26-2016, 04:12 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote:  There are numerous physical cues and a good officer can do excellent proactive enforcement if they can pick up on these cues.  

Yet for some reason you are unable to list any of them. Hmm
(09-26-2016, 06:23 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I'll explain again, since you're having trouble.  You stated I violated this kid's rights in the instance I described.  I'm stating legally I absolutely did not.  What was lacking from the scenario I described that would indicate that not only were rights not violated but that violating them wasn't legally possible?  Please, you have a law degree this is a first semester question.

I'm sorry, but I thought you said you used your "experience" on your job also.

But since you are such a legal expert wasn't it illegal for you to threaten the guy if he ever came back to that area of town?

Just another example of a cop who admits that he thinks he is above the law when off duty but expects us to believe he would never do anything liike that while in uniform.
(09-26-2016, 05:20 PM)GMDino Wrote: Would you say there is a difference in those two stories?

One where all you said was the guy asked you what time it was and the other where you actually saw them walk in and walk out with backpacks they didn't have when they went in?  Cool

I started paying attention to them before they went in the store.  If I hadn't kept an eye on them I never would have noticed that.  Why did I feel the need to keep an eye on them?  Now tell me the point of the stories are different.