Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2 Important Days
(04-01-2021, 12:25 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: We said that last year too....

Chase in one.

Then an edge rusher or IDL slides and we have to take him in round 2 (BPA can't draft for need as people have said over and over)

There is absolutely zero guarantee when it comes to the Bengals. So, how happy will you be passing on Sewell to take Chase, if round 2 is a edge rusher and it's round 3 or 4 before they look at OL, because that is a real possibility.

I’d be quite concerned with no OL in 1 or 2.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-01-2021, 12:28 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’d be quite concerned with no OL in 1 or 2.

And I truly believe, it is a reality if they take Chase.

If they pass on Sewell, that indicates to me that they don't view the OL as a major issue. Same thing a lot of the pro Chase crowd is saying. Even you said that with Spain and XSF it isn't that bad now. It certainly isn't good enough... but distance from watching the games and simply seeing highlights of Burrow and Chase gets everyone distracted and excited.

If they pass on Sewell, I truly believe it is an indication that they are content with the line and will get some 3rd or 4th round or later guy to try and develop, and instead will spend pick two on LB (which they ignored totally in free agency) or on the DL (where they were still trying to add another rusher). Say, Basham Jr is sitting there at 38 or the Tulsa LB Zaven Collins... I'd be willing to bet they pull the trigger and pass on the line. It's just what they do.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(04-01-2021, 12:37 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: And I truly believe, it is a reality if they take Chase.

If they pass on Sewell, that indicates to me that they don't view the OL as a major issue. Same thing a lot of the pro Chase crowd is saying. Even you said that with Spain and XSF it isn't that bad now. It certainly isn't good enough... but distance from watching the games and simply seeing highlights of Burrow and Chase gets everyone distracted and excited.

If they pass on Sewell, I truly believe it is an indication that they are content with the line and will get some 3rd or 4th round or later guy to try and develop, and instead will spend pick two on LB (which they ignored totally in free agency) or on the DL (where they were still trying to add another rusher). Say, Basham Jr is sitting there at 38 or the Tulsa LB Zaven Collins... I'd be willing to bet they pull the trigger and pass on the line. It's just what they do.

I don’t think they’ll go defense early. Last year we saw an almost exclusively defense oriented FA and then offense in the first couple rounds of the draft. We just saw another similar FA so I could see offense in the early rounds again.

And I definitely don’t think they’re content with what they currently have on the OL. We know they were interested in Zeitler, Feiler, and Thuney.

Reply/Quote
(04-01-2021, 12:59 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I don’t think they’ll go defense early. Last year we saw an almost exclusively defense oriented FA and then offense in the first couple rounds of the draft. We just saw another similar FA so I could see offense in the early rounds again.

And I definitely don’t think they’re content with what they currently have on the OL. We know for a fact offers were made to both Zeitler and Feiler.

I hope... but.. it is Duke Tobin, Zac Taylor, the Brown family and Lou.

The football IQ, is not high and they were so stubborn with Hart... it just worries me. 

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(04-01-2021, 01:04 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I hope... but.. it is Duke Tobin, Zac Taylor, the Brown family and Lou.

The football IQ, is not high and they were so stubborn with Hart... it just worries me. 

There seemed to be enough comments I read since the last season ended about working with the guys they had on OL that it's hard to see it as a big focus.  Some of that came through Hobspin, so take it for what it's worth, but I wouldn't be shocked to see the org satisfied with the OL they have now.  For whatever reason, this franchise seems to be outrageously stubborn about those positions.  If they go offensive weapon first round and the top OL prospects are gone by their 2nd pick, I think I'm in agreement that they'll do a later round prospect OL pick but that's it. 
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 03:59 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: No chest muscle at all you can tell he dont work out much.

He is not ripped to be sure, but there is a massive difference between functional strength and pretty body building muscles.   His trapz, arms and bulldog neck don't come from idleness.  I think for a 20 year old guy coming in at 325 and dealing with this covid bull**** he is looking as solid as you can hope.

I will take an O-lineman looking like this 10 times out of 10 when compared to a body builder physique all other things being equal.

[Image: NINTCHDBPICT000585706351.jpg?w=620]

(03-31-2021, 04:14 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I think you have a wrong mental image of what in-shape NFL OL look like.

Exactly, fit dad bod is and always has been the ideal.  Ask the ladies   Cool

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Reply/Quote
(04-01-2021, 10:34 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Pitts would be great, but it ain’t happening. Not only is ATL probably taking him, but it really sounds like the word coming out of PBS is Chase.

Ehhh, if Pitts makes it past Atlanta it is possible.

Especially considering Taylor saw him up close in the Florida pro day running a 4.44 forty at 6'6".

Any Offensive coach would be salivating over this guy.
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2021, 05:18 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Ehhh, if Pitts makes it past Atlanta it is possible.

Especially considering Taylor saw him up close in the Florida pro day running a 4.44 forty at 6'6".

Any Offensive coach would be salivating over this guy.

And if there's anything Zac Taylor is as a coach, he's offensive.

Ninja

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2021, 05:41 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: And if there's anything Zac Taylor is as a coach, he's offensive.

Ninja

Ahhhhhk Hah.... I see what you did there Ninja...lol Ninja
Reply/Quote
Any word on how Sewell's pro day went? It was today, right?
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2021, 07:02 PM)Earendil Wrote: Any word on how Sewell's pro day went?  It was today, right?

Bet he was beat by some WR bench press reps if he even did the bench press.
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2021, 07:57 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: Bet he was beat by some WR bench press reps if he even did the bench press.

Oh shut up
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2021, 07:57 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: Bet he was beat by some WR bench press reps if he even did the bench press.

You're thinking of Billy Price.  Ninja

https://images.app.goo.gl/gabCFVVjNg4iYwxj7

Look at this weakling! He doesn't have the beach body moobs so he must've been a bad NFL player. Yup, the moob test never fails. 
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2021, 07:02 PM)Earendil Wrote: Any word on how Sewell's pro day went?  It was today, right?

I was refreshing Jim Nagy's twitter all day looking for info and around 5:00 i actually bothered to look it up and it is tomorrow.  Whatever

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Reply/Quote

Tomorrow, Friday
Reply/Quote
Thanks guys, I guess I had my dates mixed up.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 10:26 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: Oregon’s pro day is April 2nd, which is Friday. Sewell posted a photo out of the gym this week and as expected, looks like a shit brick house. It’ll be great to see him in football drills again.

Have you ever really been in a brick shit house? I have..They really stink.. Those were the "good old days" when public parks still had huge open outhouses with a deep ass concrete tube people just shat into..I was a kid at the time and they always scared the bejesus out of me.. lol A few other old farts around here probably remember such fun..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(04-01-2021, 11:01 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Have you watched any of the film on Pitts? If so, you should be able to easily conclude that yes, he does have the short space quickness.

I have watched his pro day workout & several of the game breakdown and highlight stuff that's available.

You and I have come to different conclusions. He is not a quick twitch athlete. He is killer on go routes, down seam routes, fades into the end zone, Red Zone, jump balls, flag and crossing routes. Most of these are longer developing. 

^ All things the Bengals can use BTW

Not a ton of out routes, comebacks, curls, double moves, etc. to go off of. That isn't a knock on the kid. If the Bengals need a WR, there are better options than Pitts in the draft. If they need a TE, there is 1 other option I like better, and that guy is available in the 2nd round.

I would be 100% fine with Pitts, Sewell Chase, a monster trade, or Darrisaw in the first. No complaints from me with any of those.
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2021, 12:47 AM)grampahol Wrote: Have you ever really been in a brick shit house? I have..They really stink.. Those were the "good old days" when public parks still had huge open outhouses with a deep ass concrete tube people just shat into..I was a kid at the time and they always scared the bejesus out of me.. lol A few other old farts around here probably remember such fun..

"damn kids! ... back in my day we shat in concrete tubes in the park!  And we liked it!!"  Hilarious

But i remember these stink pits from Hocking Hills as a child.  Yeah, they stunk.   Sick

Reply/Quote
Zac, Duke, and Pollack are all in Oregon

bench press-30

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote