Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2020 Election
(11-06-2020, 10:11 PM)jmccracky Wrote: He did talk crap about John McCain being a POW. Said he doesn't like losers. That's pretty damning. 

He didn't say he was a loser because he was a POW. He said he was a war hero because he was captured. When he said McCain was a loser he was talking about how he lost the presidential bid.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2020, 10:11 PM)jmccracky Wrote: He did talk crap about John McCain being a POW. Said he doesn't like losers. That's pretty damning. 

They probably listened to one of the many generals who worked for Trump and then shared their thoughts on the job he was doing.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2020, 10:16 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: He didn't say he was a loser because he was a POW. He said he was a war hero because he was captured. When he said McCain was a loser he was talking about how he lost the presidential bid.

Do you mean "he said he wasn't a war hero because he was captured?"

Because if not, your sentence is incorrect.

As far as the loser comment, there's multiple confirmations trump asked why the flags were lowered and he said he wasn't going to support that loser. I don't think that was specifically in reference to the election, just trump being a generally hateful person.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2020, 10:16 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: He didn't say he was a loser because he was a POW. He said he was a war hero because he was captured. When he said McCain was a loser he was talking about how he lost the presidential bid.

I went back and read the exact quote. He said he liked those who werent captured. But ok, that's still a slap in the face of other POW's. Cant really spin that any other way. It's what he said. Doesn't sound like a very military friendly quote to me. *shrugs*
I used to be jmccracky. Or Cracky for short.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2020, 10:26 PM)Benton Wrote: Do you mean "he said he wasn't a war hero because he was captured?"

Because if not, your sentence is incorrect.

As far as the loser comment, there's multiple confirmations trump asked why the flags were lowered and he said he wasn't going to support that loser. I don't think that was specifically in reference to the election, just trump being a generally hateful person.

I couldn't find any of that. In fact he had the flag half staffed for two days after McCain died, and he was criticized for not having it down longer. He gave his sympathies to McCains family the day he died too.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2020, 10:37 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: I couldn't find any of that. In fact he had the flag half staffed for two days after McCain died, and he was criticized for not having it down longer. He gave his sympathies to McCains family the day he died too.

If you've come here looking for the truth; you're barking up the wrong tree. 

I will say McCain's widow didn't appreciate POTUS talked about her husband, so he most likely wasn't complimentary.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-06-2020, 10:40 PM)bfine32 Wrote: If you've come here looking for the truth; you're barking up the wrong tree. 

Speaking of the truth, Alex Jones is leading a group of Trumpamaniacs in front of where they are counting votes in Phoenix. 
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2020, 10:42 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Speaking of the truth, Alex Jones is leading a group of Trumpamaniacs in front of where they are counting votes in Phoenix. 

As long as 90% are peaceful then it’s all good.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(11-06-2020, 10:50 PM)michaelsean Wrote: As long as 90% are peaceful then it’s all good.

A Fulton County ballot counter has received death threats over a false accusation of fraud. His information was posted online by Trump supporters, he is now in hiding.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2020, 10:37 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: I couldn't find any of that. In fact he had the flag half staffed for two days after McCain died, and he was criticized for not having it down longer. He gave his sympathies to McCains family the day he died too.

I vaguely remember the great speech POUTUS gave at his funeral too.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2020, 11:43 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I vaguely remember the great speech POUTUS gave at his funeral too.

He wasn't there. He honored the family's wishes. Didn't want to make it about him. 

Reply/Quote
(11-07-2020, 12:16 AM)bfine32 Wrote: He wasn't there. He honored the family's wishes. Didn't want to make it about him. 

I think we're grading Trump on a curve if we are giving him some sort of credit for not crashing a funeral he barred from...though I know people who haven't abided by such wishes, so they're pretty low for sure.
Reply/Quote
I can't believe people can stand to watch fox news religiously. Man... There is so much hate. It's hard to stomach really
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2020, 12:29 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I think we're grading Trump on a curve if we are giving him some sort of credit for not crashing a funeral he barred from...though I know people who haven't abided by such wishes, so they're pretty low for sure.

Unsure he was barred from it, but the family made it clear he was not welcomed. 

But perhaps I'm mistaken for giving him credit for anything. 

Reply/Quote
(11-07-2020, 01:00 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I can't believe people can stand to watch fox news religiously. Man... There is so much hate. It's hard to stomach really

If it weren't for the liberals in this forum I'd have no idea what Fox News says. 

Reply/Quote
(11-07-2020, 01:05 AM)bfine32 Wrote: If it weren't for the liberals in this forum I'd have no idea what Fox News says. 

Sure.
Reply/Quote

https://www.npr.org/2018/08/27/642254802/flag-flap-underscores-trumps-strained-relationship-with-mccain

Quote:But on Monday morning the flag atop the White House was back at full-staff, causing some to ask whether Trump's strained relationship with McCain had played into the decision to not keep it lowered. The lack of a proclamation was viewed by some as a disrespectful act reflecting the president's dislike for McCain, which Trump continued to express publicly, even as recently as last week.

Hours after reporters questioned the White House about the move and the president ignored multiple press attempts to ask his reaction to McCain's death, the White House flag was eventually lowered to half-staff Monday afternoon.
Trump said in a statement released shortly afterward: "Despite our differences on policy and politics, I respect Senator John McCain's service to our country and, in his honor, have signed a proclamation to fly the flag of the United States at half-staff until the day of his interment."
Until that point, Trump had not issued a formal statement on McCain or commented on his service to the country, instead tweeting brief condolences Saturday to the senator's family.

The dust-up over the flag was viewed as particularly insulting by veterans. McCain was a retired captain in the Navy and the son and grandson of two four-star Navy admirals. He was held for 5 1/2 years as a prisoner of war in Vietnam after the attack aircraft he was piloting was shot down during a bombing raid over Hanoi. He was tortured but refused early release because it would have meant leaving ahead of other soldiers who had been captured before him.

American Legion National Commander Denise Rohan issued a letter before Trump's late afternoon written statement, appealing to the president to follow the custom he had used in recent deaths of national figures.

"It's outrageous that the White House would mark American hero John McCain's death with a two-sentence tweet, making no mention of his heroic and inspiring life," said AMVETS National Executive Director Joe Chenelly. "And by lowering flags for not one second more than the bare minimum required by law, despite a long-standing tradition of lowering flags until the funeral, the White House is openly showcasing its blatant disrespect for Senator McCain's many decades of service and sacrifice to our country as well as the service of all his fellow veterans."

No. Trump was opposed by a political opponent. He mocked his military service and tried to downplay it based on opposition. Trump has done some positives, but not this. This was pure anti-patriot, anti-veteran and anti-decent human being. What he did to McCain was disrespectful considering past service/Congress members and and generally just petty. 
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2020, 10:03 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Wasn't he a part of a terrorist group? And he never called them suckers and losers. That was fake news. Even a big Trump hater (Bolton) said it was untrue, and there were documents on why he didn't go to that event.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.foxnews.com/transcript/john-bolton-reacts-to-report-claiming-trump-called-fallen-soldiers-losers-and-suckers.amp

Quote:BOLTON: Look obviously, I can't prove the negative that he never said those things. The president has a habit of disparaging people, he ends up denigrating almost everybody that he comes in contact with whose last name is not Trump. I was simply responding to what I thought was the main point of the Atlantic article, that at the critical point Saturday morning when the decision was made not to go to Aisne-Marne that he made the disparaging remarks and he did not.

Now with respect to what people at the Pentagon think and I think this is important, this afternoon at this press conference, the President of the United States said the following that the top people at the Pentagon aren't in love with him because they want to do nothing but fight wars so that all those wonderful companies that make the bombs and make the planes and make everything else stay happy. Apart from being incoherent, Elizabeth Warren really couldn't have said it better.

John Bolton can deny he heard Trump tell Billy Bush he grabbed women by the ***** because he wasn’t on the bus, but we both know he did because we heard the recording. Like Bolton admitted he can’t state that Trump didn’t say it when he wasn’t around. Well, no shit, John. Thanks for that brilliant piece of analysis. Nice of you to plug your book BTW.

Trump’s remarks towards McCain being a POW were disparaging to not only McCain, but all POWs. What Trump doesn’t understand and will never understand is John McCain had the courage to risk his life in combat in service of his country which is just one reason why John McCain is a hero.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2020, 09:21 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Apparently this means a lot to you and being as no moderator official or otherwise has any issue with the constant derailment/obsession; allow me to leave you with this:

There's a very good chance I called an Anthropology class I took in college a Biology class or vice versa. Seems they both have to do with the makeup of the human body. I brought up the class because folks were stating there's no science which indicates races are different. It brought to mind a section we had in the class on forensics and I remember professor asserting there were certain genetic markers that could help determine race.

Now something in this has you obsessing about it years later and currently in a thread about 2020 elections that has 0 to do with the subject.  

Or vice versa? Meaning you may have called an anthropology class a biology class by mistake?

The problem with that lie is you’ve already stated you never took anthropology. So there’s no god damn vice versa, liar.

I bet you suck at poker ‘cause you can’t bluff worth a damn.

Another reason why my vote should count 27,0000 times more than your’s as you suggested based upon occupation. Oh, those farm tractors just don’t grow themselves out in the country.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2020, 01:05 AM)bfine32 Wrote: If it weren't for the liberals in this forum I'd have no idea what Fox News says. 

Just pure coincidence that you parrot all of their speaking points almost word-for-word.

It doesn't really matter if you watch/listen to them or not.  You still spout the same right-wing rhetoric they do.  So I don't know why you make such a big deal out of NOT watching them when you agree with them anyway,
Reply/Quote