Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
***2023 NFL Draft Thread***
(04-28-2023, 05:31 PM)Stewy Wrote: This thread is going to be comical and I'm going to need popcorn when we don't pick a TE until the 4th rnd or later.

We are 100% drafting TE today.

I’d bet you money
-Housh
Reply/Quote
I’m starting to wonder if we are in on Wylie. We have our starter so we don’t really need one of the top guys. I’d love to draft a corner and a TE/RB with these picks today
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2023, 06:13 PM)Housh Wrote: We are 100% drafting TE today.

I’d bet you money

We DID look at TE's and RB's more than any other positions. Kind of got to put 2 and 2 together.

(04-28-2023, 06:14 PM)Housh Wrote: I’m starting to wonder if we are in on Wylie. We have our starter so we don’t really need one of the top guys. I’d love to draft a corner and a TE/RB with these picks today

Would love Whyle in the 4th after we add Keeanu Benton and Tyjae Spears to the fold.
Reply/Quote

I’d bet you money

I keep hearing that they are really wanting Charbonnet. If that’s true, do you think they are willing to deal picks or players to move up in the 2nd for him?

I’d also love TE at 60, whichever falls. I’m also a Spears fan so I hope it’s TE at 60
Reply/Quote
NFL network is reporting that the Steelers are fielding a lot of trade offers for the first pick in the second round. They claim it is interest in Will Levis. I wonder if the Bengals fielded any offers for pick 28.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2023, 07:09 PM)Nepa Wrote: NFL network is reporting that the Steelers are fielding a lot of trade offers for the first pick in the second round. They claim it is interest in Will Levis. I wonder if the Bengals fielded any offers for pick 28.

It’s rumored that calls were being made to the teams at the end of the first by teams wanting to trade up. We turned our pick in the fastest out of any pick in the first. That’s what made me mad. The players I wanted were gone, so I really wanted to trade back. But it seems the teams that were trying to move up were in the 40’s, 50’s. Guess nobody wanted to drop that low.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2023, 07:12 PM)TKUHL Wrote: It’s rumored that calls were being made to the teams at the end of the first by teams wanting to trade up. We turned our pick in the fastest out of any pick in the first. That’s what made me mad. The players I wanted were gone, so I really wanted to trade back. But it seems the teams that were trying to move up were in the 40’s, 50’s. Guess nobody wanted to drop that low.

However, the guy they obviously wanted obviously was not gone. So I keep seeing this trade back talk. Who would you have traded back for that would have produced a better value than Murphy did with the 28th selection? They picked fast because they got such great value.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2023, 06:04 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yes, I like Kraft myself. Very good after the catch unlike Musgrave who seems to go down easily.

Ends for sure, now that we got one. Would love a DT whether it be a Reader type or a 3-tech.

As long as we go BPA it is all good. Still don't like the thought of relying on Irv Smith Jr who is always injured.

I saw an interview with Kraft and he says he gets pissed if he allows a single tackler to bring him down. He does not feel that one defender should be able to stop him! I love his attitude for the game!
Reply/Quote
RB is weird right now. Charbonnet, Miller and Evans are all good picks. Achane is an explosive player but also rather small and scouts out as very situational in use. If I had to chooser it would be Charbonnet or Evans because we need to ditch Mixon for off field issues, cap hit and lack of production.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

I’d bet you money

I'd lay 20$ down on that if I knew you and we were in the same town.  I hope you took BP medicine so you don't blow a gasket at the end of rnd 3 and they have no TE.
Reply/Quote
I SINCERELY hope we don't get a bunch of Chiefs fluffing again tonight.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2023, 07:35 PM)Stewy Wrote: I'd lay 20$ down on that if I knew you and we were in the same town.  I hope you took BP medicine so you don't blow a gasket at the end of rnd 3 and they have no TE.

stewy cant see this because he blocked me, but get his venmo account, you nancy boy. There's no excuses

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2023, 07:39 PM)Joelist Wrote: I SINCERELY hope we don't get a bunch of Chiefs fluffing again tonight.

Oh foolish man.....

Goodell was seen putting on chapstick earlier....
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2023, 07:35 PM)Stewy Wrote: Isn't the 4th round tonight?

The Insider guy who posts on Cincy Jungle just posted his 8 for Rd 2, or should I say, the eight the Bengals have the most interest in & who they think may be there. He did the same thing in Rd 1 and Murphy was amongst them. 

Rd 1: Wright, Forbes, Gibbs, Kincaid, Addison, Murphy, Mayer, N. Smith. 

3 were available, 5 were gone. There were supposedly 2 guys we were willing to trade up for, both in the trenches. I assume one was Wright. 

Rd 2: Brents, Ringo, LaPorta, Kraft, D. Jones, Bergeron, Mims, Scott. 

2 each at CB, TE, OT, and WR. No RBs, IOL, KBs, or safeties. Not saying these are their top 8, just the most likely selections given our interest & where players are slated to go. 

I am glad I don't see Charbonnet on that list.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2023, 07:47 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: The Insider guy who posts on Cincy Jungle just posted his 8 for Rd 2, or should I say, the eight the Bengals have the most interest in & who they think may be there. He did the same thing in Rd 1 and Murphy was amongst them

Soonerpeace kinda did the same thing here - listed a final 6 with Murphy among them......wonder if they're the same person.      Mellow
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2023, 07:39 PM)Joelist Wrote: I SINCERELY hope we don't get a bunch of Chiefs fluffing again tonight.

They won the Super Bowl and the draft is in KC. They earned the fluffing that they were getting just as any Super Bowl winner should. If you don't like it beat them.
Reply/Quote
I’d be fine with a TE but I want O’Cyrus.

Charbonnet is meh for a 2nd rounder.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote

I’d bet you money

heck yeah!!!!
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2023, 07:52 PM)OSUfan Wrote: They won the Super Bowl and the draft is in KC. They earned the fluffing that they were getting just as any Super Bowl winner should. If you don't like it beat them.

No they didn't. They had a trophy ceremony after the Super Bowl and that should have been the end of it. No other draft had anything fluffing the Super Bowl champion and no other draft fluffed the team whose city hosted the draft. It was insulting to every other team in the league. 
Reply/Quote
anyone have a link of live stream?
Reply/Quote