Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2023 Schedule
(05-12-2023, 02:18 PM)Ravage Wrote: Oh, the crowd'll be bonkers with Oktoberfest going on for 3 hours before kickoff plus tailgating. I'm more concerned about the people/cars and trying to get anywhere before and after the game. If Oktoberfest Zinzinnati draws over 500k over 4 days as is reported, you're talking basically 2 full PBS's worth of people and cars a day on average, plus a then full PBS on Sunday. Then you take into account the road closures? That's going to be crazy.

Even if there's an unrealistically large overlap between OFZ attendees and Bengals game attendees, and also accounting for the attendance at OFZ being cumulative throughout the day, not all there at once, there'll still be an enormous volume of added automobiles and people over what is already present on gameday. That's...ambitious, both in logistics for foot and car traffic, but also in general crowd control. Especially considering what the mean BAC of the people in that crowd will surely be. 

It'll be one wild home opener that's for sure. I was already planning on going to Oktoberfest, now Sunday becomes an Oktoberfest-Bengals-Oktoberfest sandwich? Football, beer, and a seemingly infinite variety of soft pretzels?! Fine by me!

Completely agree.  Thinking strongly about making that a night and staying at the awesome AC Marriott that has a rooftop bar.

I think Sunday isn't nearly as crazy for Oktoberfest as it is on Friday and Saturday, but it will still be pretty crazy.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Peacock will get one of the wildcard games exclusively on their streaming service. Only the two teams home market will see the game on TV.

Has to be the worst idea the NFL has come up with yet.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(05-16-2023, 09:20 AM)Synric Wrote: Peacock will get one of the wildcard games exclusively on their streaming service. Only the two teams home market will see the game on TV.

Probably can get the free trial of Peacock and then cancel it. I had to get a free trial of a streaming service last year to watch the Bengals/KC playoff since I had Directv then and they didn't carry CBS in my area because of a contract dispute. Just cancelled afterward. Peacock /NBC is probably looking to get publicity for Peacock.
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2023, 09:20 AM)Synric Wrote: Peacock will get one of the wildcard games exclusively on their streaming service. Only the two teams home market will see the game on TV.

I wonder if NBC will actually put the game on the free platform of Peacock.  The only thing they have said is that it will be telecast exclusively on Peacock.  I haven't seen where it was going to be behind their paywall

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(05-16-2023, 10:09 AM)Nepa Wrote: Probably can get the free trial of Peacock and then cancel it. I had to get a free trial of a streaming service last year to watch the Bengals/KC playoff since I had Directv then and they didn't carry CBS in my area because of a contract dispute. Just cancelled afterward. Peacock /NBC is probably looking to get publicity for Peacock.

I just signed up for Peacock for something that was a Peacock-exclusive.
I did not see any free trial for it.
With that said, it's very cheap for just subscribing one month.
https://www.peacocktv.com/plans/all-monthly
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(05-16-2023, 10:25 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I just signed up for Peacock for something that was a Peacock-exclusive.
I did not see any free trial for it.
With that said, it's very cheap for just subscribing one month.
https://www.peacocktv.com/plans/all-monthly

I saw this advertised: "Peacock TV offers a 7-day free trial for first-time users of both Peacock Premium Plus and Peacock Premium. During the trial, subscribers can enjoy access to live sports events such as Sunday Night Football, Premier Football League, and golf." I don't know if they will have this at the time of the playoffs, but I suspect they will do something like this. They won't make the 110 million fee by subscribers for just the game; they're purpose in getting exclusive rights is to promote the network.

Of course, a free trial will not help if you also would like to see the the Dec. 23 primetime game between the Buffalo Bills and the Los Angeles Chargers, which Peacock also has exclusive rights to.
Reply/Quote

That is BS, all Playoff games should be on TV, Fox, CBS, NBC and ABC. None of this exclusive crap. That will anger a lot of people if
they have to buy Peacock just to watch 1 wildcard game...
Reply/Quote

Solomon Wilcots chats with one of the guys that helps draw up the broadcast schedule. It's actually more interesting than I thought it would be.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2023, 05:50 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: That is BS, all Playoff games should be on TV, Fox, CBS, NBC and ABC. None of this exclusive crap. That will anger a lot of people if

Fortunately the Bengals will have home field through the playoffs so I won't have to worry about it.  Smirk

But on the off chance that Goodell steals another crucial win from them and they end up away, I'm not signing up for a subscription just on principle.  I've already got NFL+ Prime for the replays.  I'll hide under a rock and then watch when the game is over.
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2023, 05:50 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: That is BS, all Playoff games should be on TV, Fox, CBS, NBC and ABC. None of this exclusive crap. That will anger a lot of people if

Yeah, they've kind of stepped over the line with their greed. This will piss a lot of people off and they'll just walk away.
Reply/Quote

Well, when you just stream all your football games through, let's call it, "less than legal" means, like SOME people do, this is never an issue. ThumbsUp

Granted, it'd be nice to not have to worry about said stream crashing at the most inopportune times, but them's the breaks.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2023, 08:29 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Yeah, they've kind of stepped over the line with their greed. This will piss a lot of people off and they'll just walk away.

yeah dont like this at all...

If a streaming service wants to be able to provide it Sure.. But shouldnt be exclusive   (even amazon)
Reply/Quote
I remember when people were going to walk away from the NFL when ESPN was going to get a playoff game. The game evolves and moves on.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
Just excited I can finally get Sunday ticket again after leaving DirecTV 4 years ago.
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2023, 07:06 PM)Roland Wrote: Fortunately the Bengals will have home field through the playoffs so I won't have to worry about it.  Smirk

But on the off chance that Goodell steals another crucial win from them and they end up away, I'm not signing up for a subscription just on principle.  I've already got NFL+ Prime for the replays.  I'll hide under a rock and then watch when the game is over.

I give you mad props for being able to do that.
I tried one year, I couldn't do it lol
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(05-17-2023, 07:06 PM)Roland Wrote: Fortunately the Bengals will have home field through the playoffs so I won't have to worry about it.  Smirk

I pay for Gamepass anyway, so it won't affect me, but it is bogus for someone who doesn't have these things if this happens.

(05-18-2023, 08:29 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Yeah, they've kind of stepped over the line with their greed. This will piss a lot of people off and they'll just walk away.

For sure they won't pay for it and if they do they will still be pissed about it. Just BS.

(05-18-2023, 09:30 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Well, when you just stream all your football games through, let's call it, "less than legal" means, like SOME people do, this is never an issue. ThumbsUp

Granted, it'd be nice to not have to worry about said stream crashing at the most inopportune times, but them's the breaks.

Yeah, when it is the Playoffs I watch them on YoutubeTV anyways. 

(05-18-2023, 09:32 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: yeah dont like this at all...

If a streaming service wants to be able to provide it Sure.. But shouldnt be exclusive   (even amazon)

Damn rights.

(05-18-2023, 10:03 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: I remember when people were going to walk away from the NFL when ESPN was going to get a playoff game. The game evolves and moves on.

With espn it is still on ABC almost all the time so that is different than going out of their way to pay for Peacock.
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2023, 02:21 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I give you mad props for being able to do that.
I tried one year, I couldn't do it lol

Even if I were patient enough, I couldn’t do it just because I’d need to turn off all social media and my phone because that’s all we talk about while it’s going on
Reply/Quote
(05-19-2023, 10:35 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Even if I were patient enough, I couldn’t do it just because I’d need to turn off all social media and my phone because that’s all we talk about while it’s going on

worst case its on WEBN right?
Reply/Quote
(05-19-2023, 10:41 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: worst case its on WEBN right?

All of us who live outside of the USA face this every week. If the game isn't on TV, my wife and I turn on whatever game IS on, mute the sound and listen to the Bengals on the radio (well, the computer to be exact).
Reply/Quote
(05-19-2023, 10:41 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: worst case its on WEBN right?
That or some channel other but, with all the bars and restaurants around here, someone would find a way to illegally stream it.

Plus, radio's not the same.
Reply/Quote