Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
2025 NFL allowing a 3rd helmet option
(04-23-2024, 01:40 PM)Sled21 Wrote: [Image: 436379515_935776261887983_72245901957195...e=662DA71C]

they should 100% use this one. It has the modern white tiger feel while paying homage to the originals.

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2024, 02:13 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: they should 100% use this one. It has the modern white tiger feel while paying homage to the originals.

I guess this is what makes these discussions interesting with all of the different opinions because I think that helmet is the definition of generic.

This makes the original helmets even worse. Not sure they could do worse than plain white with the Bengals across the side.

Compare it to the inverted stripes and tell me what looks better/cooler/will get fans more excited.
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2024, 03:14 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: I guess this is what makes these discussions interesting with all of the different opinions because I think that helmet is the definition of generic.

This makes the original helmets even worse. Not sure they could do worse than plain white with the Bengals across the side.

Compare it to the inverted stripes and tell me what looks better/cooler/will get fans more excited.

I dont like the inverted tiger stripes, personally

Reply/Quote
(04-22-2024, 09:28 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: That top pic of Burrow should give everyone nightmares. Cover up the Bengals on the side of the helmet and it’s a picture of him as the Browns QB

Black with orange stripes is the way to go. Bengals are now known for the stripes/best helmets so the next great helmet is the inverted one.

Also, most of the truly great players listed who wore the original Browns style helmet had their finest hour with the stripes on their heads (Bengals 1st SB appearance)

Yes, gives me nightmares as a Bengals fan to think of Burrow on the Browns. I would think it would do the same to all of us.

Black with Orange stripes or Black with a badazz tiger on the sides would be more like it for me. Just not the old leaping tiger that looked funky.

Has to look fierce and not too cartoon like.

I trust the FO to get it right and for it to look cool and not look like the Browns helmets/uni's.

(04-23-2024, 11:14 AM)The Clapp Wrote: Do you get it?   Obviously not. Paul Brown took the Browns uniforms as a FU to THAT team.. hence the same colors.. He changed the helmet design radically, to distance the team from Cleveland. What sense does it make to have a throw back uniform (not just helmet) that would basically honor the Browns? 

Edit:  I have nothing against using the orange helmet with Bengals on the side as long as you can show me a tiger in the wild with Bengals written across the side of it.. I mean if we are going by the logic that there is no such thing as a black tiger with orange stripes. All joking aside.. i dont mind the orange helmet..its the damn uniforms i dont want..

Exactly, the FU to THAT team is over, Paul moved on and did the stripes which are so much better in every way.
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2024, 03:18 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: I dont like the inverted tiger stripes, personally

I don't even like the white helmets as much as I thought I would. They're ok, but I really wanted them all the way back when Akili Smith suggested that we should change to them. Once I actually saw them on the field, I was pretty indifferent.

It'll be funny if we choose to not even use the third helmet.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote

Texans killed it. Broncos otoh couldn’t be any more boring.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
texans uniforms look horrid.

Reply/Quote
(04-23-2024, 08:35 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: texans uniforms look horrid.

Says the guy that loves those Jr high looking white Bengals helmets. LOL
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
How about this?

-1970s uniforms
-White helmet w/ a tweaked version of this logo on the sides:

[Image: cincinnati_bengals_1968-1969.png]

I'd do a mockup if I had any sort of photoshop skills lol.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2024, 03:40 PM)Big Boss Wrote: How about this?

-1970s uniforms
-White helmet w/ a tweaked version of this logo on the sides:

[Image: cincinnati_bengals_1968-1969.png]

I'd do a mockup if I had any sort of photoshop skills lol.
That tiger is tweaked alright... Looks like it's been up for 3 days and running off to the scrap yard with some stolen copper.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2024, 08:56 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Says the guy that loves those Jr high looking white Bengals helmets. LOL

No shit lol

(04-24-2024, 04:46 PM)jason Wrote: That tiger is tweaked alright... Looks like it's been up for 3 days and running off to the scrap yard with some stolen copper.

Hilarious!!! Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2024, 03:02 PM)jason Wrote: Google "1970s Bengals uniforms" and check out the pics of Burrow and Ja'Marr in them that'll pop up. They look pretty slick, and it'd be a nice homage to Riley, Anderson, Curtis, Parish, and the guys that played most of their careers in them.

Riley, Anderson, Curtis, Parish played in stripes didn't they?  It's not just a no on the first helmets, it's a HELL NO.  Worst helmet I've seen.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2024, 07:30 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Riley, Anderson, Curtis, Parish played in stripes didn't they?  It's not just a no on the first helmets, it's a HELL NO.  Worst helmet I've seen.

Anderson was there for the transition to stripes. Not sure Riley, Curtis or Parrish were. 
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2024, 08:52 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Anderson was there for the transition to stripes. Not sure Riley, Curtis or Parrish were. 

I'm pretty sure Riley played in the first Super Bowl.  Not sure about the others.

I get the sentiment and it's always interesting to see the different "eras" of fans and their preferences.  
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2024, 11:05 AM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I'm pretty sure Riley played in the first Super Bowl.  Not sure about the others.

I get the sentiment and it's always interesting to see the different "eras" of fans and their preferences.  

Just checked, Parrish was the only one in that group who wasn't on the roster for our 1st SB
Reply/Quote