Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2nd interview with Arizona for Lou
(02-07-2023, 10:14 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I also speculate they like Lou's experience and approach as being able to ground Kyler and get him to focus on football. The previous bro-head coach seemed like the type of guy playing video games with Kyler instead of focusing on ball.

we should find out soon if Flores was told no
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2023, 10:13 AM)jj22 Wrote: That's typically how it goes. Hoping they feel they need an Offense mind again for Murray. That's all we can hope for now.

I don't get the "offensive minded" vs. "defensive minded" coach. 

You hire the best guy period. That's what the rest of your staff is for - handling specific sides of the ball. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2023, 07:10 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:
I’m not ready.

Eh, not good. 2nd interviews mean big time consideration... Cry
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2023, 03:36 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Eh, not good. 2nd interviews mean big time consideration... Cry

Well, by all reports, the Cardinals will be deciding between Lou and Giant's OC Kafka.  

With just two candidates, the decision should be forthcoming quite soon, I would imagine. 
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2023, 03:42 PM)Nepa Wrote: Well, by all reports, the Cardinals will be deciding between Lou and Giant's OC Kafka.  

With just two candidates, the decision should be forthcoming quite soon, I would imagine. 

Let's be hoping for pure Kafka.  Wink
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2023, 10:20 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I don't get the "offensive minded" vs. "defensive minded" coach. 

You hire the best guy period. That's what the rest of your staff is for - handling specific sides of the ball. 

Well if the key to your team is your QB, you probably will look a bit harder at a offensive coach but I feel they are open minded by at least having a Lou a defense guy in the final two. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Could be they are actually waiting on someone from the Super Bowl teams. Or could be since the Super Bowl is at their stadium that a coaching announcement is just logistically difficult if they want the attention to be on them

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
No news is good news as far as I’m concerned.

Reply/Quote
The Cardinals are expected to interview Eagles DC Jonathan Gannon for their HC position. The interview is to take place tomorrow. Good news for us, bad news for Lou

Reply/Quote
(02-12-2023, 12:43 PM)pally Wrote: The Cardinals are expected to interview Eagles DC Jonathan Gannon for their HC position.  The interview is to take place tomorrow. Good news for us, bad news for Lou

Captian Lou's second interview with the Cardinals was via video call. I understand that travel and stay is hectic in Arizona right now but that still doesn't strike me as a great way to give an important second interview to a potential job candidate. Quick first interview yes but a second in depth one? 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(02-12-2023, 01:02 PM)Synric Wrote: Captian Lou's second interview with the Cardinals was via video call. I understand that travel and stay is hectic in Arizona right now but that still doesn't strike me as a great way to give an important second interview to a potential job candidate. Quick first interview yes but a second in depth one? 

And Gannon is already in Phoenix for an in-person interview.

Reply/Quote
(02-12-2023, 01:06 PM)casear2727 Wrote: And Gannon is already in Phoenix for an in-person interview.

The first interview with Coach Lou was an in-person one.  But I suspect, Gannon is who the Cardinals have been waiting on all along and Lou and Kafka have been the backup plans.  If everything goes ok tomorrow the job is Gannon's to turn down

Reply/Quote
(02-12-2023, 02:11 PM)pally Wrote: The first interview with Coach Lou was an in-person one.  But I suspect, Gannon is who the Cardinals have been waiting on all along and Lou and Kafka have been the backup plans.  If everything goes ok tomorrow the job is Gannon's to turn down

I should feel bad for Lou. But after half-a-century of never getting the brass ring and things going wrong, the Bengals earned some kind of break. At least some continuity in coaching ranks could really help. 
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2023, 01:02 PM)Synric Wrote: Captian Lou's second interview with the Cardinals was via video call. I understand that travel and stay is hectic in Arizona right now but that still doesn't strike me as a great way to give an important second interview to a potential job candidate. Quick first interview yes but a second in depth one? 

Yeah. Lou and anyone else who already had more than an interview should lose interest fast. It is not like you are a clear cut choice to them. Then you have to think about what happens if season number one goes poorly. A lot of teams, including AZ, have done some quick head coaching ax jobs. 
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
Tonight (Super Bowl) the stock of the DC coordinator for Philly, whom some had as a front-runner for the Arizona HC job, just took a hit. And Lou's effort against KC looks even better in comparison.

https://arizonasports.com/story/3495939/report-cardinals-to-interview-eagles-dc-jonathan-gannon-for-head-coach/

The Eagles praised defense looked really bad at times, such as the two TD where the receivers were completely open.
Reply/Quote
Lou runs circles around this dude as far as 2nd half adjustments go.

Reply/Quote
Need Lou. We win the Super Bowl next year with him.
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2023, 12:40 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Lou runs circles around this dude as far as 2nd half adjustments go.

I thought Gannon was brilliant and totally support the hire for the Cardinals ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2023, 02:13 AM)phil413 Wrote: I thought Gannon was brilliant and totally support the hire for the Cardinals ThumbsUp

I second that emotion.

But, it was a pretty pitiful performance for the Eagles D and Gannon likely took a hit in terms of the Arizona coaching job. No pressure on Mahomes, receivers wide open, defensive adjustments lacking or poor in the second half. 

And Lou's stock went up, with how the Bengals, with far less all-pros than the Eagles, handled the Chiefs.
Reply/Quote
I think in the end Kafka gets the job, if not I think it will be Lou.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote