Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3 months for Rape
With good behavior this guy will be out of jail (not prison) in 3 months:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2016/06/06/a-steep-price-to-pay-for-20-minutes-of-action-dad-defends-stanford-sex-offender/

The letter his father wrote is crazy. Perhaps another case of afluenza?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Definitley afluenza. The kid was found guilty and should be punished as such. I do think the fact that both of them were well above the legal blood alcohol limit has something to do with it being so short, but even then he remembers the events and she doesn't. That's rape.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
The judge should lose his/her job.

How many people are in jail for having a small amount of weed for longer than this guy is for rape?

This is a disgrace. Being rich should not make you above the law.
Do we have a rape culture?   Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(06-06-2016, 12:47 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: The judge should lose his/her job.

How many people are in jail for having a small amount of weed for longer than this guy is for rape?

This is a disgrace. Being rich should not make you above the law.

Not only was this kid rich; he was on a path to the Olympics. I do agree that the sentence was unusually light; however, the bigger issue might be that he or the father realize the gravity of rape.

He denies it and the father refers to it as 20 minutes of action.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Can't ever expect a parent to be rationale about their kid.
(06-06-2016, 01:14 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Can't ever expect a parent to be rationale about their kid.

Sure I can. I deal with parents all the time in my job and it is amazing the spectrum that we see here. The type of behavior like this usually goes back a few generations, though. The parents were treated this way and so it is how they parent.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
This is so incredibly pathetic.

His victim's open letter to him was very strong.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(06-06-2016, 01:14 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Can't ever expect a parent to be rationale about their kid.

my dad wouldnt have wrote something like that if i had done that

me and my brother were always told "if you get arrested and put in jail, dont call me, im not bailing you out"
People suck
At first I was going to say that's not untypical. But having read about the violence aspect of it, that's a surprising sentence.

It's not uncommon to hear of non-violent rape cases getting 18 months or less, especially if the defendant admits to it or the prosecution has to plea down because there isn't a lot of proof. But usually in cases where violence was used, there's a harsher penalty.

The really crappy part is, the dad's wrong. This kid's career isn't over. If he was any good, he can still compete and have the same life, albeit with a 5-second commentary about how he 'turned his life around after an incident in college.'
(06-06-2016, 01:38 PM)Griever Wrote: my dad wouldnt have wrote something like that if i had done that

me and my brother were always told "if you get arrested and put in jail, dont call me, im not bailing you out"

Yup. Same here.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(06-06-2016, 01:38 PM)Griever Wrote: my dad wouldnt have wrote something like that if i had done that

Neither would have mine but that still doesn't change the fact that we can't expect parents to be rationale when it comes to their kids.   

This comes from 14 years of parent/teacher conferences, meetings, and phone calls where parents make every excuse known to man why their kid isn't succeeding.   
(06-06-2016, 01:18 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Sure I can. I deal with parents all the time in my job and it is amazing the spectrum that we see here. The type of behavior like this usually goes back a few generations, though. The parents were treated this way and so it is how they parent.

And how are you dealing with them?   Aren't you an accountant or some finanical officer at the university?   If I am correct here then you are dealing with them on a different level.   Parents aren't blaming you if the bill isn't paid.    They do blame teachers, friends, coaches, athletic department, fraternity, etc ..... If they are falling short.    

If I am incorrect about your job at the university then let me know so I can correct my response.    Thanks.   
(06-06-2016, 01:52 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: And how are you dealing with them?   Aren't you an accountant or some finanical officer at the university?   If I am correct here then you are dealing with them on a different level.   Parents aren't blaming you if the bill isn't paid.    They do blame teachers, friends, coaches, athletic department, fraternity, etc ..... If they are falling short.    

If I am incorrect about your job at the university then let me know so I can correct my response.    Thanks.   

Yeah, they do blame us sometimes, and everyone else under the sun. But who they blame isn't important beyond the fact that so many don't blame the student when appropriate. The account belongs to the student and the student is ultimately responsible that it is paid. 75% won't hold the student responsible or force them to be accountable. Now, there are times when the parent is at fault, and you would be amazed at how many of them try to shift blame in those instances as well.

Our collectors will tell you that of the delinquent accounts they have to collect on only roughly 5% accept responsibility.

Yay for the American justice system.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
(06-06-2016, 03:30 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Yay for the American justice system.

They can put someone from the ghetto away for weed for years, but this elitist asshole gets off light for raping an unconscience girl.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

(06-06-2016, 02:40 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Yeah, they do blame us sometimes, and everyone else under the sun. But who they blame isn't important beyond the fact that so many don't blame the student when appropriate. The account belongs to the student and the student is ultimately responsible that it is paid. 75% won't hold the student responsible or force them to be accountable. Now, there are times when the parent is at fault, and you would be amazed at how many of them try to shift blame in those instances as well.

Our collectors will tell you that of the delinquent accounts they have to collect on only roughly 5% accept responsibility.

As the years go on people take less and less personal responsibility.   It's sickening to be honest.    I remember asking parents all the time if they wanted their children to blame everyone else for their own short comings or take personal responsibility....    That sometimes got them to think and sometimes they would ask me if I was blaming them.   
(06-06-2016, 04:27 PM)Millhouse Wrote: They can put someone from the ghetto away for weed for years, but this elitist asshole gets off light for raping an unconscience girl.

Some here might say she was asking for it by being unconscious.  
http://m.sfgate.com/crime/article/Ex-Stanford-swimmer-to-serve-6-months-in-7960806.php

Guy was from Dayton Ohio.
(06-06-2016, 04:35 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Some here might say she was asking for it by being unconscious.  

What was she wearing ?
Ninja

Totally kidding.
Damn shame.