Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
71% of Americans do not want to give Amnesty to DACA illegal aliens
(11-09-2017, 09:32 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: You can’t just legalize 16 million people.   Even if you passed the most stringent border policy.   We would never recover.  

Which economist have you heard saying this? I'd be interested in hearing about why they think that will be the case.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(11-09-2017, 09:38 PM)treee Wrote: I do see what you're saying, but undocumented economic migration is not a grave offense to me personally.

I can understand why it needs to be stopped long term, but I also do not think granting a one time exception would be a bad move as long as we take steps to prevent it from happening again.

The one time exemption already happened in the 80’s. It obviously doesn’t work. Why would we step on that rake again?
(11-09-2017, 09:42 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: The one time exemption already happened in the 80’s.   It obviously doesn’t work.  Why would we step on that rake again?

Because we apparently didn't enact stringent border control policies?
(11-09-2017, 09:39 PM)treee Wrote: Which economist have you heard saying this? I'd be interested in hearing about why they think that will be the case.

I've actually heard the opposite as to the economy. We need the immigrant to help "pay for" our aging population. I just cannot get past rewarding illegal activity at the expense of those trying to do the right thing. 

Perhaps your stance on allowing amnesty is the answer. I just would hate to be someone that has spent years trying to get their family here by following the rules watching as those that broke the law get to cut in line ahead of me.

BTW, I see you're a mod; is this a new thing? Congrats and do better than those other turds.

Other mods: The last part was a joke, please do not ban me........again.   
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(11-09-2017, 09:43 PM)treee Wrote: Because we apparently didn't enact stringent border control policies?

Which is why we need strong border policy with no blanket amnesty. Will even Things out and give us a chance to recover.

If we have over 5% unemployment we shouldn’t be giving anyone amnesty. Why reward illegals when we have citizens who need a job.
(11-09-2017, 09:47 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I've actually heard the opposite as to the economy. We need the immigrant to help "pay for" our aging population. I just cannot get past rewarding illegal activity at the expense of those trying to do the right thing. 

Perhaps your stance on allowing amnesty is the answer. I just would hate to be someone that has spent years trying to get their family here by following the rules watching as those that broke the law get to cut in line ahead of me.

BTW, I see you're a mod; is this a new thing? Congrats and do better than those other turds.

As someone who has paid that bill and gone through the headache of paperwork and stressing out over interviews and appointments. It is a massive slap in all of our faces and if they are going to give amnesty then they can cut me a check for our money spent and lost wages while we waited for work permits, etc.

I truly have zero sympathy for them whatsoever. Deport them all. It’s time we reward the people who want to follow the laws and respect this country.
And congrats on being a mod treeee.
(11-09-2017, 09:32 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: You can’t just legalize 16 million people.   Even if you passed the most stringent border policy.   We would never recover.  

Deport criminals, adult DACA (ages 20-36), and anyone over 40 years old.   Work permits for the rest.   Then allow them the chance to go through a point system for citizenship.   And must speak English.  

Australian style point system.   Pass the raise act.   And put limits on future immigration by nation.

Recover from...what?

And your attempt at what I guess is a "solution" is for a problem that doesn't exist within the DACA program.  Try again.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(11-09-2017, 09:47 PM)bfine32 Wrote:
(11-09-2017, 09:47 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I've actually heard the opposite as to the economy. We need the immigrant to help "pay for" our aging population. I just cannot get past rewarding illegal activity at the expense of those trying to do the right thing. 

There is a general consensus that a moderate immigrant in-flow is an important part to a healthy economy.

It may be. I do see where you're coming from on the fairness perspective of people trying to get here through official channels. That's why I think it would only work if there was a way to greatly increase border security without breaking the bank.

Thanks

Too late. Better look over your shoulder  Nervous
(11-09-2017, 09:55 PM)GMDino Wrote: Recover from...what?

And your attempt at what I guess is a "solution" is for a problem that doesn't exist within the DACA program.  Try again.

DACA program is over. And it’s a problem when adults can’t follow paperwork to be legal.
(11-09-2017, 09:49 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Which is why we need strong border policy with no blanket amnesty.  Will even Things out and give us a chance to recover.    

If we have over 5% unemployment we shouldn’t be giving anyone amnesty.    Why reward illegals when we have citizens who need a job.

You're pretty much not going to get below %5 in peacetime.
(11-09-2017, 09:56 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: DACA program is over.   And it’s a problem when adults can’t fole paperwork to be legal.

Doesn't answer the first part....recover from what?

And still doesn't show an understanding of what the DACA program was so its a bad solution.

Maybe they can't spell?   Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Thanks to Treee and Lucie for an earnest discussion on the matter.

(11-09-2017, 09:58 PM)treee Wrote: You're pretty much not going to get below %5 in peacetime.

Then I see no reason to give amnesty. It’s not like we need these lawbreakers.

I get the sympathy angle and believe me I am sympathetic but I am more sympathetic to those who actually follow the laws and go through the process.
lol Breitbart blatantly lying about a poll. Thanks for reminding us that they're a garbage news source, OP.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(11-09-2017, 09:07 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Please focus on the topic and not the poster.

Just trying to help out. 

I tried that, then got accused of grandstanding.
(11-09-2017, 11:49 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I tried that, then got accused of grandstanding.

OK, do it your way. Just a suggestion. 

(11-09-2017, 09:15 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Ah so you are just here to grandstand.

You can easily read the article and see the drop. Fact is Americans overall are moving to either caring less about if illegals are prioritized. They want ice doing their job more and more.

Your understanding of the data is flawed. The poll is really discussing what people see as priorities for policy. The priority for this was never very high. It will ebb and flow like most things. Economic issues will always be a higher priority for people, though. That being said, saying it isn't their top priority does not mean they want ICE to kick them out. That is terrible logic and has no basis in the actual information in the poll.
(11-09-2017, 09:32 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: You can’t just legalize 16 million people. Even if you passed the most stringent border policy. We would never recover.

Deport criminals, adult DACA (ages 20-36), and anyone over 40 years old. Work permits for the rest. Then allow them the chance to go through a point system for citizenship. And must speak English.

Australian style point system. Pass the raise act. And put limits on future immigration by nation.

Never recover from what? Allowing the 16 million people already here to... be here?

If the raise act is trumps proposal, you might as well close borders. There’s an incredibly short list of international rocket scientist millionaires in the 20 looking to invest in American companies.

And why by nation? Is an Albanian computer programmer better than a Nigerian computer programmer just because he’s from Albania?
(11-09-2017, 09:49 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Which is why we need strong border policy with no blanket amnesty. Will even Things out and give us a chance to recover.

If we have over 5% unemployment we shouldn’t be giving anyone amnesty. Why reward illegals when we have citizens who need a job.

Ask trump. He said it’s really hard to find employees and everybody brings in foreign labor to fill jobs. (This is in reference to his recent application to bring in dozens of wait staff because he “can’t” find workers with newspaper ads featuring no contact info).

We’re likely stuck with 5%+. And many of those jobs are going to go unfilled as there’s no shortage of jobs paying less than a living wage.