Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A.J. Green Out Longer Than Reported 6 to 8 Weeks
This was kind of hiding in the news and just broke today:

Green went down in the opening days of camp in late July. 6-8 weeks would have had him near a return now. Green said that won't be the case. "I don’t know where they got the 6-8 weeks from. It’s going to be longer than that," were Green's words last Wednesday. "It’s just one of those things that has to heal on its own. When I feel I’m healthy enough to play at the level I’m used to playing, I just want to make sure it’s at 100 percent." Contract-year Green sounds like someone who won't be taking the field until he is either 100 percent healthy, extended or both. Fantasy stashers should not count on Green playing in the month of September.

https://www.rotoworld.com/football/nfl/player/1622/aj-green

https://www.bengals.com/news/green-still-leading-as-rehab-picks-up-speed
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2019, 09:20 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: This was kind of hiding in the news and just broke today:

Green went down in the opening days of camp in late July. 6-8 weeks would have had him near a return now. Green said that won't be the case. "I don’t know where they got the 6-8 weeks from. It’s going to be longer than that," were Green's words last Wednesday. "It’s just one of those things that has to heal on its own. When I feel I’m healthy enough to play at the level I’m used to playing, I just want to make sure it’s at 100 percent." Contract-year Green sounds like someone who won't be taking the field until he is either 100 percent healthy, extended or both. Fantasy stashers should not count on Green playing in the month of September.

https://www.rotoworld.com/football/nfl/player/1622/aj-green

https://www.bengals.com/news/green-still-leading-as-rehab-picks-up-speed

That's from last week. He was running on the rehab field today.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It is time to think about cutting ties with AJ. This season is over and it is obvious we are in rebuilding mode. This team is bad and it reminds me of the lost decade

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2019, 09:49 PM)Bronxbengal Wrote: It is time to think about cutting ties with AJ. This season is over and it is obvious we are in rebuilding mode. This team is bad and it reminds me of the lost decade

No

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2019, 09:49 PM)Whatever Wrote: That's from last week. He was running on the rehab field today.

I saw the quotes attributed to 9/17/19. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
He was on the rehab field today an pretty much said last week that Pitt was his Target to comeback. So it seems like he is on schedule.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2019, 10:15 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: No

Agreed with this; he is still an asset moving forward.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2019, 10:36 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I saw the quotes attributed to 9/17/19. 

Rotoworld incorrectly cited the quote as being from 9/17.  It's actually from the linked Bengals.com article published on 9/11.
Reply/Quote
Personally, I think AJ Green has seen his better days. He has been injury prone the past few years. I would consider moving on with another WR.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
They should have placed A J on IR.This is a very serious injury,and if reinjured could be career ending.I don’t think he’ll take any chances with it until 100%.Be surprised if he’s back before week 8.
Reply/Quote
What's a nice way to call someone stupid for their opinion without really saying it?

Anyway, why would you trade away AJ Green? We probably get a discount on him because of the injury. This is great for us. He had 3 TDs in one game last year in one of those early games last year. They are planning on cutting his snaps and taking the pressure off of him--this should extend his career. He is a great player to have when they finally figure out this offensive line.

AJ used to have to carry this team, and he did--consistently. Now there are 2 other options and his load is lessened. He will make this offense even more tough to defend. Our 3 receiver sets will be amazing. Our WR room is the deepest in the league when AJ gets healthy.
Reply/Quote
Also, if you are gonna trade AJ, you build his trade value up first. Nobody is even thinking of dumping him. I just don't know what to say.

Have a good night folks.
Reply/Quote
Wait...nobody suggesting trading him for picks? Everyone knows any team can trade anyone for first round picks forever and ever. I guess the notion of trading 30 something players for first round picks has finally gone by the wayside.
Nah...every team would gladly give up the moon, stars and sun for any player WE wanted to trade..and ol Mikey boy is always happy to make trades anyway.. Right? Cool
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2019, 09:49 PM)Bronxbengal Wrote: It is time to think about cutting ties with AJ.  This season is over and it is obvious we are in rebuilding mode.  This team is bad and it reminds me of the lost decade

If by cutting ties you mean to see what he could yield in terms of draft picks, I would consider it.  If you mean to say that the Bengals shouldn't try to extend him and just let him walk without compensation, please head East and start walking.  Don't stop until you see a legion of fat, uneducated losers wearing black and gold and sign up for their fan club.  
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2019, 01:36 AM)Bengalstripes18 Wrote: Also, if you are gonna trade AJ, you build his trade value up first. Nobody is even thinking of dumping him. I just don't know what to say.

Have a good night folks.

All kidding aside, I wonder if anyone would consider trading him to the Jags for Jalen Ramsey.  I bet he ends up somewhere like KC, and he has already said that his next contract needs to be a big one, but he is everything you want in a CB.

AJ to Jax, Ramsey to the Bengals, and Dre traded or cut. 

Does anyone believe this wouldn't actually make the team better?  I don't like Ramsey and I think he is a bit of a punk that needs to keep his mouth shut.  Reminds me of Pacman without the legal troubles, but a swagger?  Hell, yes.  A talent?  Again, yes.  

I want to be clear:  I am not saying to do it, but I am saying it is worth considering.  They aren't going to win this year, either, and they would probably jump at the chance to get a high-character guy for Foles in the future.  
Reply/Quote
Now we want to trade AJ for draft picks? Seriously? Might as well tear it all down and completely rebuild if you do. Trade Dalton, and see what you have in Finley. Trade Geno, etc.

It amazes me people don’t seem to acknowledge how bad we suck without AJ. Yeah, yeah, we put up some yds against Seattle. BFD. We LOST the game though. And we do that more often than not when he’s not playing.

Just need to get him back healthy, and hope the string of bad luck injuries (they’re really not age related) are over with.

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2019, 03:42 AM)grampahol Wrote: Wait...nobody suggesting trading him for picks? Everyone knows any team can trade anyone for first round picks forever and ever. I guess the notion of trading 30 something players for first round picks has finally gone by the wayside.
Nah...every team would gladly give up the moon, stars and sun for any player WE wanted to trade..and ol Mikey boy is always happy to make trades anyway.. Right? Cool

the Patriots would love to have AB & AJ to show they can. 
Reply/Quote
Here's to hoping he is back for MNF, and we are trying to move to 2-2. I got HIGH Apple PIE in the SKY.... HOPES.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2019, 07:58 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: All kidding aside, I wonder if anyone would consider trading him to the Jags for Jalen Ramsey.  I bet he ends up somewhere like KC, and he has already said that his next contract needs to be a big one, but he is everything you want in a CB.

AJ to Jax, Ramsey to the Bengals, and Dre traded or cut. 

Does anyone believe this wouldn't actually make the team better?  I don't like Ramsey and I think he is a bit of a punk that needs to keep his mouth shut.  Reminds me of Pacman without the legal troubles, but a swagger?  Hell, yes.  A talent?  Again, yes.  

I want to be clear:  I am not saying to do it, but I am saying it is worth considering.  They aren't going to win this year, either, and they would probably jump at the chance to get a high-character guy for Foles in the future.  

Yep. So Green will be 32 next year if he stays. And like you say, we won't be winning this year. By the time we might be winning, he'll be in decline.
Reply/Quote
Same

Love the guy

Huge fan

But I agree with the earlier poster - this is a rebuild project from the ground up — so —— let’s rebuild

This franchise is a disaster

(09-19-2019, 12:36 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Personally, I think AJ Green has seen his better days. He has been injury prone the past few years. I would consider moving on with another WR.
Reply/Quote