Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
A Proposal
Truck is a farly knowledgeable fan.He thinks we can beat the Jags?
(10-14-2019, 10:47 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Boom! It's like Gladiator - 2 men enter. 1 man leaves.

I'll be watching RoberkFrank615 videos for motivation all week....

Size is the prize! Swole is the goal! It's gains o'clock MFers! Let's GOOOOOOO!
(10-14-2019, 01:42 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I actually disagree.
A franchise's job is to make money, first and foremost. It's a business.
The most likely way for that franchise to do that is to win games because it draws fans and increases sales.
If everyone keeps pouring money into the franchise, where's the incentive for them to change? In their minds, they are being successful.

The issue is, the Bengals get well above their operating costs in guaranteed revenue from the league's TV deals.  If attendence and merchandise sales suffer, you can always cut costs to maintain va certain level of profitability.  The whole fan boycott stuff has nowhere near the teeth it used to.  Not saying people should be buying tickets and merch for an 0-6 team, either.  Just saying that empty stands aren't going to be an agent for change.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(10-14-2019, 03:27 PM)Whatever Wrote: The issue is, the Bengals get well above their operating costs in guaranteed revenue from the league's TV deals.  If attendence and merchandise sales suffer, you can always cut costs to maintain va certain level of profitability.  The whole fan boycott stuff has nowhere near the teeth it used to.  Not saying people should be buying tickets and merch for an 0-6 team, either.  Just saying that empty stands aren't going to be an agent for change.

It's about the only thing fans can do to try to promote change.
Got any other ideas?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

(10-14-2019, 03:35 PM)ochocincos Wrote: It's about the only thing fans can do to try to promote change.
Got any other ideas?

The last 30 some years should have told us that there's nothing we can do as fans to promote change. The only time there's really been a good amount of modernization is when his revenue increased around the opening of PBS.  There likely won't be sweeping changes until he dies or sees another big revenue inrease with a new stadium.  
(10-14-2019, 03:35 PM)ochocincos Wrote: It's about the only thing fans can do to try to promote change.
Got any other ideas?

just enjoy the ride...…    that's all we can do.
(10-14-2019, 02:45 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Truck is a farly knowledgeable fan.He thinks we can beat the Jags?

If AJ is back and Ramsey does not play, I think we can beat the Jags too.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
(10-13-2019, 10:36 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: My Dad said if you don't have anything positive to say, wait until you do son.

His point was negativity never fixed one problem, told me that too.

This would be the most boring board of all time if we waited until something good until we post!

Anyway, I don't want to see any poster leave this board forever. We already lost a generation of fans. We need more posters, not less.
Do I need the Truckster to acknowledge my acceptance of his bet, or have enough people seen the acceptance to have this validated?
(10-14-2019, 08:56 PM)PDub80 Wrote: Do I need the Truckster to acknowledge my acceptance of his bet, or have enough people seen the acceptance to have this validated?

I bet that you bet that he thinks you have accepted his bet
Confucius say, he who go to bed with itchy butt wake up with smelly finger.
Maybe there are 2 types of fans, the optimistic and the realistic fans. Even at games, I yell at Andy Dalton wearing my AJ Green jersey on. I yell at AJ Green too when he makes a drop. I ain't paying my hard earned dollars for Dalton to have a family of 5 with a beautiful wife and not practice 365 days a year. I want him to win, he's paid millions, sacrifice. It's readily apparent he cannot win here for one or many reasons, yet we still field him. I hate on my "favorite" team more than the opponent's team. There are many of "us" out there.

John Ross can make 1 great play out of 10, you will cheer him. I will cheer him and also boo him for the 9 dropped passes.

The sick joke is you can leave this board, but you can't leave being a fan. I've questioned this a few times and people say I'm not a true fan if I've reached a point I don't want to watch this junk anymore.

It's many a fan's attitude to be like popavich, you're not happy until you're holding the championship. Not everyone views sports the same, some people it's their lifeblood, others relate to it, others have nothing better to do but something to watch.

I had a thread a long time ago asking "how did you become a Bengals fan", and basically get in this jailcell we're in now? For many it may be you were born or live in Cincy, but many of us have never even visited Cincy. For me, it's because the Bengals tiger is the animal from my parents' country, Bangladesh. And that is the only resaon I am a fan, and subject myself to this team's disappointment for 30-35 years.

Yo have to be honest, these are some of the worst Bengals performances of all time. Zero first downs in a half, challenging lowest time of possessions for a game (all time), multiple times already this season (record is somewhere around 15 minutes). These are not games we will forget soon, lol.

It's the same way Lebron yelled at JR Smith when he brought the ball out instead of trying to go for the layup with a couple seconds left after that missed free throw. Boneheaded play, as a Cavs fan, we also yelled at him. It's very easy to get frustrated at how our entire team plays and very difficult to hold pom poms, there is little to cheer for. 0-6.
(10-14-2019, 09:07 PM)WestCoastBengalsFan Wrote: I bet that you bet that he thinks you have accepted his bet

Oh, I have!

#Dodgeball
(10-14-2019, 08:56 PM)PDub80 Wrote: Do I need the Truckster to acknowledge my acceptance of his bet, or have enough people seen the acceptance to have this validated?

You are a folk hero around these parts my friend!
(10-14-2019, 09:13 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Maybe there are 2 types of fans, the optimistic and the realistic fans. Even at games, I yell at Andy Dalton wearing my AJ Green jersey on. I yell at AJ Green too when he makes a drop. I ain't paying my hard earned dollars for Dalton to have a family of 5 with a beautiful wife and not practice 365 days a year. I want him to win, he's paid millions, sacrifice. It's readily apparent he cannot win here for one or many reasons, yet we still field him. I hate on my "favorite" team more than the opponent's team. There are many of "us" out there.

John Ross can make 1 great play out of 10, you will cheer him. I will cheer him and also boo him for the 9 dropped passes.

The sick joke is you can leave this board, but you can't leave being a fan. I've questioned this a few times and people say I'm not a true fan if I've reached a point I don't want to watch this junk anymore.

It's many a fan's attitude to be like popavich, you're not happy until you're holding the championship. Not everyone views sports the same, some people it's their lifeblood, others relate to it, others have nothing better to do but something to watch.

I had a thread a long time ago asking "how did you become a Bengals fan", and basically get in this jailcell we're in now? For many it may be you were born or live in Cincy, but many of us have never even visited Cincy. For me, it's because the Bengals tiger is the animal from my parents' country, Bangladesh. And that is the only resaon I am a fan, and subject myself to this team's disappointment for 30-35 years.

Yo have to be honest, these are some of the worst Bengals performances of all time. Zero first downs in a half, challenging lowest time of possessions for a game (all time), multiple times already this season (record is somewhere around 15 minutes). These are not games we will forget soon, lol.

It's the same way Lebron yelled at JR Smith when he brought the ball out instead of trying to go for the layup with a couple seconds left after that missed free throw. Boneheaded play, as a Cavs fan, we also yelled at him. It's very easy to get frustrated at how our entire team plays and very difficult to hold pom poms, there is little to cheer for. 0-6.

There Are two type of fans. Realistic fans that knew the Bengals did do enough to improve at all and fans that think The Bengals offense will be built around Sample.
(10-14-2019, 09:27 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: You are a folk hero around these parts my friend!

Let's be honest here. I'm Kirk AF and this music's been playing through my head all day. My body is ready.

https://youtu.be/s0bClUp9I6w
(10-14-2019, 10:00 PM)PDub80 Wrote: Let's be honest here. I'm Kirk AF and this music's been playingng through my head all day. My body is ready.

https://youtu.be/s0bClUp9I6w

A modern day Gladiator. Savor the feeling!
Breaking news! Bengals will discontinue stadium entrance prizes for CBD oil tinctures to soothe the pain. Hehe
(10-13-2019, 09:49 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Sports message boards / communities are most often a reflection of their team's performance. If the team is doing well, the community is usually in a better mood...if the team is a shit show, the community will be sometimes as well. I understand when posters get worn out by the negativity, but it also makes it difficult when you're a loyal fan of a team that has the overall culture of this one.

I guarantee that the overwhelming majority of negativity is because fans are desperate to see this team do well, and not because they enjoy complaining or the team losing. That's not to say those people don't exist or aren't a part of the board, just that I think it's a very small number.

Let's face it...this fan base (as a whole) is pretty damned jaded, and with legitimate reason. I think when things start going bad --- again and again, it just drives home what made them cynical in the first place. At the same time, for all this fan base has put up with, I would argue that they have remained pretty damn loyal and have stuck with this franchise...even through times of record breaking ineptitude.

Like I said though, I understand your frustration as well, because the overwhelming nature of the negativity can't be depressing as hell, especially when members start going after each other, which is uncalled for. 

This isn't a problem unique to this board though, or to any sports message board really. Hell, the Patriot's have won multiple Super Bowls and I can still show you threads on their different boards where people are fighting over whether to trade Tom Brady or not, whether to fire Billy B or not, and so on. It's sort of just the nature of the beast.

This is so true! I like going to other teams board after they blow a big, get destroyed or having a bad season like the Bengals are having now. It is funny how familiar the comments are. They can’t make halftime adjustments, they can’t draft, they are not playing the right guys, defense playing too soft, the refs don’t want them to win, the training/medical staff sucks, run, run, pass punt how creative, game plan sucks.....etc.
(10-14-2019, 09:45 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: There Are two type of fans.   Realistic fans that knew the Bengals did do enough to improve at all and fans that think The Bengals offense will be built around Sample.

that's a zinger  Tongue
(10-13-2019, 07:19 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I've kept off the boards for around 2 weeks or so (well, posting on JN, anyways; just checked in to see the injury news) and just seeing the first hour and a bit since the end of the game, I don't know if I will post this week either.

thebengalsboard.com has become an insanely, "un-fun," and toxic place to be, the past 4 weeks or so and me personally, I don't wish to be a part of it; we are fans of this team, we should root for them to win at any cost. After all, the entire point of sports is to win, right?

I mean, we gave up a ****ton of yards today, sure and ultimately, lost the game. Yet, our horridly out-of place backup OG, played a damn good game at LT in pass pro, we continued to shut the Ravens down in the Red Zone (1 of 4 drives, was it? that they got TDs) and Tate looked superb, not to mention we played a great team on teams.

Not to mention as well (of course, no one has mentioned it or anything), there were *2* fumbles that weren't called on the field (both should've been challenged, that's on ZT), that would've taken off 10 points and almost 90 yards off as well. AND Boyd caught the ball, fumbled before going OB (WITH NO WHISTLE EITHER; it was only blown after Erickson picked it up and then the incomplete signal was given), which would've been a TD (Erickson scooped it and was gone). Canady holds Tate's shoulder clearly, EVEN REVIEW IT and see it is blatant, still no call. Does it again on Erickson, still no call.

No matter how shittily we play, if we still have a chance late, it is beyond infuriating when refs continually **** us over or do things that go against us.

So to see people spewing hate and vitriol, poisonous words and nasty shit towards the team we are FANS of, it just disheartens me to death and quite frankly, pisses me the **** off; you people must have REALLY miserable and terrible lives, when fights are picked and hate has to be spewed behind your computer.

Anyways, if I'm the only person who feels this way, then I guess I'm the only loser on the planet with this attitude, but in an effort to make this place more tolerable and actually a fun community again, I propose a bet; a retirement/I quit/whatever you want to call it, bet.

I should've been more bold and done it this week (when I originally thought about it), but I held back on Wednesday or so. Anyways:

If the Bengals lose next week (since a bunch of the goons on here want that: you know who you are), I will leave the boards forever and quite frankly, I will be thrilled not to read constant shitposts and the sarcastic snark that has made up the majority of posts the last few weeks.

If the Bengals win next week (since I appear to be one of the few on here who actually wants to see that), I stick around and anyone who wants in on this bet, has to leave the boards forever. It would be nice to root for this team to win again, as we should.

And before you talk about, "better draft pick," whether we have the first or 31st pick, a QB won't help, so no, it won't help to tank.

Since I have people posting days after my last post, being sarcastic and taking the piss out of me (again, you know who you are), I would LOVE for you guys to be in on this bet, but I'm not forcing anyone to do anything.

I am proposing this, in an effort to make this place just a bit less crappy and a bit more positive again, as I feel I contribute positively, more often than not (yes, I realise the paradoxical posting of a quite negative post, after writing that I try to be positive).

I've contributed to this board (mothership too) since 2009, I have donated money to help out this board as much as I possibly (so have many of you, I know) can, so I don't want to see it continue to be the depress-fest that it has become; I know that even if we win next week, people will still take the piss out of the team, but whatever; I can only do what I can do.

So, any takers? Let's get a bit exciting for once this year, instead of being angry and gloomy.

I accept this bet!