Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
A Proposal
(10-14-2019, 11:01 PM)PDub80 Wrote: I accept this bet!

You're the champion of all of us pessimists! Standing up against the tyranny of those who complain about complaining!
(10-14-2019, 11:47 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: You're the champion of all of us pessimists! Standing up against the tyranny of those who complain about complaining!

Then why don't you join him, and take the bet too?  It would really suck if we pull off a win and you'd have to go.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
I'm not posting much. I'm not watching the games either.

This season is lost, and winning will only ruin the draft for next year.

I will stop being toxic the day Mike Brown drops dead
(10-15-2019, 12:14 AM)Kingslayer Wrote: I'm not posting much.  I'm not watching the games either.

This season is lost, and winning will only ruin the draft for next year.

I will stop being toxic the day Mike Brown drops dead

Okay, gotcha'.   Yawn
(10-14-2019, 11:47 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: You're the champion of all of us pessimists! Standing up against the tyranny of those who complain about complaining!

[Image: giphy.gif]
Hey at least Auden Tate looks legit and we don't have Core on the roster anymore. I know it's not that much, but at least one positive so far from this season. We found a decent center for the first time in what, 10 years? We locked in Boyd for a reasonable price. Don't get me wrong, this season has been absolutely dreadful but there are some good things to cling to if you look hard enough.
(10-15-2019, 04:02 AM)treee Wrote: Hey at least Auden Tate looks legit and we don't have Core on the roster anymore. I know it's not that much, but at least one positive so far from this season. We found a decent center for the first time in what, 10 years? We locked in Boyd for a reasonable price. Don't get me wrong, this season has been absolutely dreadful but there are some good things to cling to if you look hard enough.

My 100% honest take on the season: If the Bengals had a very very good (top 10) QB they would probably be 4-2 or 5-1. That's my honest take and I've watched (easily) 90% of the snaps this season.

Every game but the 49ers has been there and the QB has just missed throws or turned it over - especially in the redzone. In general, the defense has done a really good job given the circumstances of the games and how they've played out.

I'm not all that discouraged for the coming seasons. Not at all. I also love that Auden Tate is becoming his own man out there. He had, what, 4 ot 5 spectacular catches on some horribly thrown balls against the Ravens? Tate has talent!
(10-15-2019, 08:03 AM)PDub80 Wrote: My 100% honest take on the season: If the Bengals had a very very good (top 10) QB they would probably be 4-2 or 5-1. That's my honest take and I've watched (easily) 90% of the snaps this season.

Every game but the 49ers has been there and the QB has just missed throws or turned it over - especially in the redzone. In general, the defense has done a really good job given the circumstances of the games and how they've played out.

I'm not all that discouraged for the coming seasons. Not at all. I also love that Auden Tate is becoming his own man out there. He had, what, 4 ot 5 spectacular catches on some horribly thrown balls against the Ravens? Tate has talent!

The path to being better was always fix the OL and LB groups. That's still what we need to do. It's been the same path for what 3 years now?

And hopefully Jonah is a quality Tackle. Not holding out much hope for Glenn. Need to re-up Hopkins.

Then, at LB...well that's a position that you can usually upgrade through free agency IF you want to spend.
Oh...and Bobby Hart will have another year in Turners system!
I'll get back to everyone who has posted in my own way, so don't think I'm ignoring any of you Wink

It was Thanksgiving this weekend and my wife and I also went for a nice drive around the perimeter of Lake Simcoe (Ontario's largest non-great lake), so I've been away from the computer or my phone for a couple of days.

(10-13-2019, 08:36 PM)Fullrock Wrote: So this team is 0-6 with seemingly NO direction to improve. They haven't won a damn playoff game in almost 3 DAMN DECADES, but you want to call people out for being negative??? Comical. People are rightfully frustrated. If you can't take the negativity, bye. 

Johnny come-lately; you're not worth my time, nor can you appreciate what many of us have contributed to the board, outside of posting, etc.

(10-13-2019, 09:26 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: If people being critical of an 0-6 team that has looked like absolute dog shit this year is enough to make you leave then by all means - be gone.

It's not ones fault but the Bengals and this organization.

It's not just the boards, it's not fun to be a fan of this team period right now.

Not critical; nasty and hateful/spiteful, plus dragging others through the mud because someone DOES see something positive.

That's not fun either.

(10-13-2019, 10:41 PM)Joelist Wrote: Don't leave Truck!

I do agree with him that the boards becoming harder and harder to participate in but I don't think it is due to the team not winning. To me it is because what used to be a board where we would see (even when the team did not win) actual discussions around scheme, strategy and the like has instead become a place where players, coaches and front office are incessantly personally attacked. Also there are the constant fights between two groups of posters (the same groups who made the old bengals.com forums toxic).

To me, how we behave here should have NOTHING TO DO with whether the team wins or loses. We can and should be respectful both of each other and of others not on the board no matter the W-L record.

(10-13-2019, 11:50 PM)jason Wrote: Well it seems like nobody's taking the bet... So there's that. I think what Truck is railing against is the section of the fan base that is actually pulling for failure and losses. Maybe even those that are revelling in the current situation to prove how knowledgeable they are. All out tanking had never worked in this league. The Browns did it, then spent a some loot on FAs, and made some moves. They're still losers. The only difference is their payroll is higher.

And you guys absolutely hit the nail on the head.

2010 was an absolutely dreadful year (10 straight losses after going 2-1? Remember that? With a team that on paper, was far and away the best in the league, coming off of a good 2009?) and that was on a board where we had fully-entrenched and assholeish trolls like Mulligan, the Adam guy and his 50 personas, the wrestling guy (that constantly challenged Denny) etc., not to mention JoeFlo, who never had a SHRED of positivity, outside of Klotsch; not once did the board EVER descend into the crap that has been going on here for the past 3 weeks and there was never any divisiveness amongst the entire board; only the trolls mentioned above (and Joe), truly made it miserable to have a conversation with someone.

That year was one shitty week after another (not to mention, week 13 of that year, I was diagnosed with cancer, so that just made things EVEN more miserable), but I could always come home to the boards and still talk about Whitworth's awesome TD catch against the Stoolers or how he dominated that year (his second best year ever as a Bengal {not sure about Rams years}, pressures-wise and run blocking-wise), having the young guys on the dline do well after Tank Johnson and Odom had miserable years compared to 2009, the list goes on.

I want the Bengals to win and I couldn't care less about draft position, because unless they trade down, the Bengals have always stuck to their guns drafting and there is no outright need above any other this year, outside of oline and LB. Period.

You don't need 1st overall to get a cornerstone RT or LB, nowadays (or even 20 years ago).

(10-14-2019, 02:40 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I think for this message board to be a true discussion home for fans, it has to be a place where all ideas, opinions and reactions are welcomed - within the rules of course. Members should be free to express their thoughts in their own way and express how they feel about the team freely. Whether it's being positive, negative, looking for silver linings or venting their frustrations. If that's not the case, then the board is in big trouble.

Absolutely; we all (well, most of us) live in North America and free speech is something we instituted for the entire world (well, you guys instituted it, we just promote it to death up here lol); to rob everyone's right to speech is a massive no-no, but there has to be some sort of decorum and respect (in b4, "MB doesn't respect the fans, wahh!!!)" and that has left the past few weeks (nobody's fault either).

Furthermore, I just feel that getting angry over something you can't control worth a shit, is hilarious and SUCH a waste of time and effort.

MB aint changing a damn thing for any of you cross folks; he doesn't care and he will continue to do what he wants until he's dead or relinquishes control. No amount of hate will speed that up either.

(10-14-2019, 06:00 AM)PDub80 Wrote: I'll take your bet!

Gladly. I'm a man of my word.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
(10-14-2019, 08:56 PM)PDub80 Wrote: Do I need the Truckster to acknowledge my acceptance of his bet, or have enough people seen the acceptance to have this validated?

put it in your sig
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

(10-14-2019, 04:46 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: just enjoy the ride...…    that's all we can do.

Reminds me of Jim Carrey's rant from Liar Liar when he finds out what's going to need repaired on his car.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

(10-14-2019, 11:52 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Then why don't you join him, and take the bet too?  It would really suck if we pull off a win and you'd have to go.

That would be lame. We already have someone who took the bet. Why would he take the same bet. He has nothing to gain. Fml
(10-15-2019, 10:19 AM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: That would be lame.  We already have someone who took the bet.  Why would he take the same bet.  He has nothing to gain.   Fml

Truck said he'd take ALL bettors.  Doesn't have to be just one.  Also, your reply makes it sound like there's 2 camps on this board.  Was that your intention?  Feels like this board is getting divided in two.  SMH.
(10-15-2019, 09:49 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Johnny come-lately; you're not worth my time, nor can you appreciate what many of us have contributed to the board, outside of posting, etc.

If you have contributed to the board in other ways other than posting (monetarily), then thanks. The Johnny-come-lately you called me is laughable. I'm 50 years old, been a Bengals fan since as long as I can remember. I had season tickets for 14 years, from 1995-2008 (yeah, ONE winning record and playoff appearance during my time as a season ticket holder) until I finally decided I didn't want to give up THAT many Sunday's to Mike Brown's ignorance. Despite that, I still attended multiple games a year. I've ponied up big money for playoff games. I've traveled to away games. I've gone to away playoff games. I've spent thousands upon thousands of dollars supporting the Bengals organization, which I'm quite certain YOU can't appreciate.
So forgive me if I'm salty about a "here we go again" feeling with this organization; the one I had a first hand account of for 14 years. This board is for people to discuss the team and THEIR thoughts. I think I've earned it.
(10-15-2019, 11:35 AM)Fullrock Wrote: If you have contributed to the board in other ways other than posting (monetarily), then thanks. The Johnny-come-lately you called me is laughable. I'm 50 years old, been a Bengals fan since as long as I can remember. I had season tickets for 14 years, from 1995-2008 (yeah, ONE winning record and playoff appearance during my time as a season ticket holder) until I finally decided I didn't want to give up THAT many Sunday's to Mike Brown's ignorance. Despite that, I still attended multiple games a year. I've ponied up big money for playoff games. I've traveled to away games. I've gone to away playoff games. I've spent thousands upon thousands of dollars supporting the Bengals organization, which I'm quite certain YOU can't appreciate.
So forgive me if I'm salty about a "here we go again" feeling with this organization; the one I had a first hand account of for 14 years. This board is for people to discuss the team and THEIR thoughts. I think I've earned it.

Talking about the board, not out there in the real world.

Never called anyone's fandom into question, nor was it my intention.
(10-15-2019, 04:02 AM)treee Wrote: Hey at least Auden Tate looks legit and we don't have Core on the roster anymore. I know it's not that much, but at least one positive so far from this season. We found a decent center for the first time in what, 10 years? We locked in Boyd for a reasonable price. Don't get me wrong, this season has been absolutely dreadful but there are some good things to cling to if you look hard enough.

We've got a puncher's chance this week if AJ's back and himself.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
(10-15-2019, 10:19 AM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: That would be lame.  We already have someone who took the bet.  Why would he take the same bet.  He has nothing to gain.   Fml

Indeed. Plus, the board needs me now more than ever to lead them through this 90's like era.
(10-15-2019, 11:02 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Truck said he'd take ALL bettors.  Doesn't have to be just one.  Also, your reply makes it sound like there's 2 camps on this board.  Was that your intention?  Feels like this board is getting divided in two.  SMH.

Maybe PDub will take on all bettors? Feel free to jump in yourself.
(10-15-2019, 01:08 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Indeed. Plus, the board needs me now more than ever to lead them through this 90's like era.

No we don't :andy: