Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A bullying fine?
(05-16-2016, 04:28 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Then you go to jail while your neighbor laughs at you.  And he gets an order of protection so that if you hit him again it is a felony.

What does that teach your children?

To use the hose?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(05-16-2016, 04:28 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Then you go to jail while your neighbor laughs at you.  And he gets an order of protection so that if you hit him again it is a felony.  

And he keeps calling your wife and daughters sluts and whorres.

What does that teach your children?

Doubtful that happens in my county.   But to play along with your scenario....  at least my family knows that I will stand up and defend them.   

It teaches my children that it's important to stand for family above all others... No matter the consequences.  
(05-16-2016, 02:39 PM)fredtoast Wrote: It would not make any difference to me.

Does it to you?

It absolutely matters to me. I might invite the guy over to my yard to repeat his accusations and perhaps a threat physical conflict may resolve the issue without getting any law enforcement involved,. The woman I would simply threaten to call the cops if she persisted.

So simply put: I would communicate differently with a male than I would a female; apparently, you would not.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(05-16-2016, 03:07 PM)Nately120 Wrote: If you punch a man or hose down a woman in Florida you'd better be wearing a bullet proof vest.

Hell I've given women the hose my whole life.

(05-16-2016, 04:46 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It absolutely matters to me. I might invite the guy over to my yard to repeat his accusations and perhaps a threat physical conflict may resolve the issue without getting any law enforcement involved,. The woman I would simply threaten to call the cops if she persisted.

So simply put: I would communicate differently with a male than I would a female; apparently, you would not.

No Fred thinks females are the exact same as males.   
(05-16-2016, 04:42 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Doubtful that happens in my county.   But to play along with your scenario....  at least my family knows that I will stand up and defend them.   

It teaches my children that it's important to stand for family above all others... No matter the consequences.  

Why damage the family finances and safety by going to jail when you could have just gotten the authorities involved?

You actually hurt your family more by taking matters into your own hands.

And the neighbor is still calling them sluts and whorres.
(05-16-2016, 04:46 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It absolutely matters to me. I might invite the guy over to my yard to repeat his accusations and perhaps a threat physical conflict may resolve the issue without getting any law enforcement involved,. The woman I would simply threaten to call the cops if she persisted.

I'd call the police on either of them.

Playing tough with the man could just get me in trouble.  I have seen it happen.  
(05-16-2016, 04:48 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: No Fred thinks females are the exact same as males.   

WTF
(05-16-2016, 02:39 PM)fredtoast Wrote: It would not make any difference to me.

Does it to you?

(05-16-2016, 04:48 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: No Fred thinks females are the exact same as males.   

Fred will smack a Ho !!
I'm not married, but I have to say if my wife felt insulted some idiotic loudmouth was saying a bunch of crap I'd actually be a bit disappointed in her. Who cares what people say? I might be dead inside, but I can't imagine a single thing a stranger could say to me that would upset me so much that I would risk my health/life/freedom on "teaching him a lesson."

Actually, the last time I had a gf we went to a Steelers/Bengals game in Pittsburgh and some people were slinging all sorts of insults at us and they were actually surprised when we'd just shrug and suggest they find someone else if they want a two-way argument. It never ceases to amaze me how quick people in this country are to fight over absolute nonsense.
(05-16-2016, 11:22 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm not married, but I have to say if my wife felt insulted some idiotic loudmouth was saying a bunch of crap I'd actually be a bit disappointed in her. Who cares what people say? I might be dead inside, but I can't imagine a single thing a stranger could say to me that would upset me so much that I would risk my health/life/freedom on "teaching him a lesson."

Actually, the last time I had a gf we went to a Steelers/Bengals game in Pittsburgh and some people were slinging all sorts of insults at us and they were actually surprised when we'd just shrug and suggest they find someone else if they want a two-way argument. It never ceases to amaze me how quick people in this country are to fight over absolute nonsense.

C'mon.... you wouldn't at least do something like sneaking out at night to salt his yard, or something ?

Go outside in a couple of days...... "Hey Frank ! You're the only one that thinks my wife is a slut, but EVERYONE KNOWS your lawn looks like shit ! Hahahaha.... MF'er !!".
(05-16-2016, 11:22 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm not married, but I have to say if my wife felt insulted some idiotic loudmouth was saying a bunch of crap I'd actually be a bit disappointed in her.  Who cares what people say?  I might be dead inside, but I can't imagine a single thing a stranger could say to me that would upset me so much that I would risk my health/life/freedom on "teaching him a lesson."

Actually, the last time I had a gf we went to a Steelers/Bengals game in Pittsburgh and some people were slinging all sorts of insults at us and they were actually surprised when we'd just shrug and suggest they find someone else if they want a two-way argument.  It never ceases to amaze me how quick people in this country are to fight over absolute nonsense.

When you have children you will quickly learn it matters how people speak to them.   And how they speak to their mother and your wife.   

I used to think your way but the day I had a family of all changed.  
(05-17-2016, 01:00 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: When you have children you will quickly learn it matters how people speak to them.   And how they speak to their mother and your wife.   

When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.

(05-17-2016, 01:00 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: When you have children you will quickly learn it matters how people speak to them.   And how they speak to their mother and your wife.   

Oh I see.  When I have a wife and kids to think of that's when I'll start risking my life and freedom getting into confrontations over petty nonsense with morons.  Good plan.

And believe it or not, I was a kid and people did say and do things that made me upset and I recall wanting my dad to run off and kick people's asses as if life were some sort of action film.  He pretty much told me to sit down, calm down, and quit worrying what some idiot said.  Eventually I fell in line with that sort of thinking, but to each his own.

I think I mentioned before that I was taught that true self-respect is having the confidence to walk away and let some idiot who is wrong believe that he is right.  

(05-17-2016, 01:03 AM)bfine32 Wrote: When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.

Again, to each his own but I was a lot more confrontational and took a lot more things personally when I was a child, so putting away that need to stand some pointless ground was how I moved on.  

So you weren't raised to think that way?  You just learned it later?

But I agree that children need to learn to be respectful..to men and women.  I guess that's why I don't want them punching people as a first resort.  But then I knew that all my life.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

(05-17-2016, 01:03 AM)bfine32 Wrote: When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.

Getting into a fight and getting arrested is about the most childish thing I can imagine.

Adults call on the people with authority to solve these problems.  That is why society has rules and authority instead of just letting every individual take the law into his own hands.
(05-17-2016, 11:02 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Getting into a fight and getting arrested is about the most childish thing I can imagine.

Adults call on the people with authority to solve these problems.  That is why society has rules and authority instead of just letting every individual take the law into his own hands.

I think children can learn a real life-lesson by watching their father get beaten/shot over a pointless argument.  Or maybe their father is the one doing the beating/shooting and they can learn the fun of visiting a parent in prison.  Well, that beats letting some moron get away with running his mouth, right?

Again, the thing I find the most fascinating is that settling things in the streets and standing up to those who "disrespect" you and your ilk is so romanticized by both conservatives and ghettos thugs.  I feel like this could be a huge step for race-relations, right here.  
so when will Lucie get his fine for bullying the gay and transgender community, as well as moms that breastfeed in public?
People suck
(05-17-2016, 02:50 PM)Griever Wrote: so when will Lucie get his fine for bullying the gay and transgender community, as well as moms that breastfeed in public?

He won't get fined because he's simply giving them a chance to stand up to him and put him in his place and dominate him through sheer force of will, or something.  Really, he's just giving them a chance to boost their self-confidence.
(05-17-2016, 02:59 PM)Nately120 Wrote: He won't get fined because he's simply giving them a chance to stand up to him and put him in his place and dominate him through sheer force of will, or something.  Really, he's just giving them a chance to boost their self-confidence.

well that's kind of nice of him

good guy Lucie is a good guy?
People suck