Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A bullying fine?
(05-15-2016, 01:19 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Getting bullied is not a crime.   

No, but bulling someone could certainly be comparable to a crime.  Are you being intentionally dense or do you just think kids should ideally be raised in a "Lord of the Flies" style environment?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(05-15-2016, 05:34 PM)Nately120 Wrote: No, but bulling someone could certainly be comparable to a crime.  Are you being intentionally dense or do you just think kids should ideally be raised in a "Lord of the Flies" style environment?

Legitimate bullying is not what I am dismissing.    It's the crazy extended definition of bullying that we have somehow adopted.     

No tolerance policies in schools for bullying or fighting doesn't help the matter either.   
(05-15-2016, 08:52 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Legitimate bullying is not what I am dismissing.    It's the crazy extended definition of bullying that we have somehow adopted.     

No tolerance policies in schools for bullying or fighting doesn't help the matter either.   

Or perhaps your perception of legitimate vs non-legitimate bullying is a bit out of date.
(05-15-2016, 09:00 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Or perhaps your perception of legitimate vs non-legitimate bullying is a bit out of date.

If subscribe to the new version of bullying then yes I suppose so...   Now it's bullying if you make fun of  someone.  

Not sure where you land but I know some here think that's bullying.   
(05-15-2016, 09:02 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: If subscribe to the new version of bullying then yes I suppose so...   Now it's bullying if you make fun of  someone.  

I guess it depends.  I don't claim to have an easy answer for this, but I lack your nostalgic pining for old timey fist fights between white bread-fed boys, too.  Ninja
(05-15-2016, 09:03 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I guess it depends.  I don't claim to have an easy answer for this, but I lack your nostalgic pining for old timey fist fights between white bread-fed boys, too.  Ninja

Lol old timey 
(05-15-2016, 09:02 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: If subscribe to the new version of bullying then yes I suppose so...   Now it's bullying if you make fun of  someone.  

It was always bullying.  We just don't stand for it much anymore.

Unlike _________ and _______ sometimes _____  will say _________ but not so much ____________.   Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(05-14-2016, 12:25 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: So we agree then.   

I have more of a problem with the overreaction of schools on this matter.   The reason this is an issue is because we have broad definition of bullying and it allows bad parents to be worse parents.   

I can't account for all schools. But for the schools and teachers my son has had here in Arizona, I have been extremely impressed with their reactions to incidents.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
But seriously....."safe zones" and "anti-bullying" are really going to well-prepare our children to be robot slave-bitches. That is the future. So I applaud this.
--------------------------------------------------------

(05-15-2016, 01:19 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Getting bullied is not a crime.   

Something as minor as intimidation or telephone harassment can be against the law.

When an adult gets slandered or libeled he goes to court instead of beating someone up.

If an adult is sexually harassed at work he goes to the supervisor instead of starting a fist fight.
(05-16-2016, 12:34 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Something as minor as intimidation or telephone harassment can be against the law.

When an adult gets slandered or libeled he goes to court instead of beating someone up.

If an adult is sexually harassed at work he goes to the supervisor instead of starting a fist fight.

Part of growing up is learning you can stand up for yourself.   It brings confidence 

Adults call the police because they don't want to deal with ridiculous law suits 
(05-16-2016, 01:30 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Part of growing up is learning you can stand up for yourself.   It brings confidence 

Adults call the police because they don't want to deal with ridiculous law suits 

What would you do, as an adult, if every time your wife came outside of your house your neighbor started yelling "slut" and "whorre" at her?  What if he called your daughters "little sluts"?
(05-16-2016, 01:53 PM)fredtoast Wrote: What would you do, as an adult, if every time your wife came outside of your house your neighbor started yelling "slut" and "whorre" at her?  

Is my neighbor male or female or does it matter?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(05-16-2016, 01:56 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Is my neighbor male or female or does it matter?

Is that a hypothetical question?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(05-16-2016, 01:53 PM)fredtoast Wrote: What would you do, as an adult, if every time your wife came outside of your house your neighbor started yelling "slut" and "whorre" at her?  What if he called your daughters "little sluts"?

Personally, I would realize right away that the guy had mental or emotional health issues.

Then I would write a heartfelt and anonymous letter to let the family know where the body could be found.  Ninja
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
(05-16-2016, 01:56 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Is my neighbor male or female or does it matter?

It would not make any difference to me.

Does it to you?
(05-16-2016, 02:39 PM)fredtoast Wrote: It would not make any difference to me.

Does it to you?

Yes.   After a warning.   

A Man gets punched in the face .  And woman gets the hose.   A Minor gets a meeting with their parents immediately.   
(05-16-2016, 03:04 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Yes.   After a warning.   

A Man gets punched in the face .  And woman gets the hose.   A Minor gets a meeting with their parents immediately.   

If you punch a man or hose down a woman in Florida you'd better be wearing a bullet proof vest.
(05-16-2016, 03:07 PM)Nately120 Wrote: If you punch a man or hose down a woman in Florida you'd better be wearing a bullet proof vest.

Fair enough.  I know my neighbors so I don't think that would be an issue.   

Hosing them down would be to snap them out of their nonsense.    
(05-16-2016, 03:04 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: A Man gets punched in the face . 

Then you go to jail while your neighbor laughs at you.  And he gets an order of protection so that if you hit him again it is a felony.  

And he keeps calling your wife and daughters sluts and whorres.

What does that teach your children?