Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A few hand claps
I want to take a break from all the bad stuff that happened and give a few claps to McCarron and the offense for stepping up in the clutch. McCarron looked pretty bad the first half, but I can't completely fault him for it. The rain really affected us that first half, and caused a few fumbles as well as that lame duck interception. But McCarron and the offense ended up coming around and looked like they couldn't be stopped once the 4th quarter came around. I think this was in part a result of the coaching.

It seemed like once we finally opened up the playbook and stopped playing like we were up by 30 points, we finally started to get a rhythm. Wish we could have played like that the entire game.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 03:39 PM)Matt_Crimson Wrote: I want to take a break from all the bad stuff that happened and give a few claps to McCarron and the offense for stepping up in the clutch. McCarron looked pretty bad the first half, but I can't completely fault him for it. The rain really affected us that first half, and caused a few fumbles as well as that lame duck interception. But McCarron and the offense ended up coming around and looked like they couldn't be stopped once the 4th quarter came around. I think this was in part a result of the coaching.

It seemed like once we finally opened up the playbook and stopped playing like we were up by 30 points, we finally started to get a rhythm. Wish we could have played like that the entire game.

3 fumles and 1 INT?

GO AJ GO!
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 03:42 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: 3 fumles and 1 INT?

GO AJ GO!

And what should have been the game winning drive.  Please, let's remember to tell the whole story.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 03:42 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: 3 fumles and 1 INT?

GO AJ GO!

One interception in the rain by a backup quarterback not wearing a glove is actually pretty good.
Reply/Quote
Take away the meltdown and there was some good stuff to take away.

Burfict played lights out.

Shawn Williams came in for Reggie and had some nice hits (and legal ones to boot!)

AJ Green showed up in a playoff game.

McCarron had some ice-water in his veins in that last drive.

Hell, even the coaches made just about all the right decisions with clock management and choosing the FG.

All for naught....

Edit: That play call on the 2 pointer does take away coaching points though, LOL
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 03:47 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: Take away the meltdown and there was some good stuff to take away.

Burfict played lights out.

Shawn Williams came in for Reggie and had some nice hits (and legal ones to boot!)

AJ Green showed up in a playoff game.

McCarron had some ice-water in his veins in that last drive.

Hell, even the coaches made just about all the right decisions with clock management and choosing the FG.

All for naught....

Edit: That play call on the 2 pointer does take away coaching points though, LOL

Yeah, that 2 point conversion was one of the weirdest things that happened in that game....
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 03:39 PM)Matt_Crimson Wrote: It seemed like once we finally opened up the playbook and stopped playing like we were up by 30 points, we finally started to get a rhythm. Wish we could have played like that the entire game.

I didn't really see any difference at all in the play calling.

What exactly are you talking about?
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 03:44 PM)McC Wrote: And what should have been the game winning drive.  Please, let's remember to tell the whole story.

I'm not going to write synopsis for the whole game. Everyone gave AJ a pass for is fumble in OT against Denver and then he fumbled it 3 more times.

Burfict got us back into the game and AJ took the momentum and put together some decent plays but lets not forget that he got a huge helping hand from the pass interference call against Will Allen.

People will bend over backwards to avoid putting any blame on this guy. He was in a tough situation but that doesn't mean he is exempt from blame and I'm not willing to give him "hand claps" for 4 turnovers.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 03:58 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I didn't really see any difference at all in the play calling.

What exactly are you talking about?

Seemed like we ran the ball a lot less to me, but I could be wrong.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 04:00 PM)CageTheBenga Wrote: People will bend over backwards to avoid putting any blame on this guy. He was in a tough situation but that doesn't mean he is exempt from blame and I'm not willing to give him "hand claps" for 4 turnovers.

In the first post of this thread I said McCarron looked pretty bad the first half and you call that bending over backwards? I'm lost.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 04:00 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: I'm not going to write synopsis for the whole game. Everyone gave AJ a pass for is fumble in OT against Denver and then he fumbled it 3 more times.

Burfict got us back into the game and AJ took the momentum and put together some decent plays but lets not forget that he got a huge helping hand from the pass interference call against Will Allen.

People will bend over backwards to avoid putting any blame on this guy. He was in a tough situation but that doesn't mean he is exempt from blame and I'm not willing to give him "hand claps" for 4 turnovers.

Oh, please.  He delivered in crunch time.  Argue that.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 04:04 PM)Matt_Crimson Wrote: In the first post of this thread I said McCarron looked pretty bad the first half and you call that bending over backwards? I'm lost.

I didn't say you in particular I said "people".

and that post wasn't directed toward you anyways.

(01-10-2016, 04:05 PM)McC Wrote: Oh, please.  He delivered in crunch time.  Argue that.

The whole playoff game isn't crunch time?

I guess 4 turnovers is acceptable as long as you turn it up in the last 4 minutes. LOL
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 04:06 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: I didn't say you in particular I said "people".

Okay, I was just confused because you clearly referenced this thread with the "hand claps" comment.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 04:06 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: I didn't say you in particular I said "people".

I guess 4 turnovers is acceptable as long as you turn it up in the last 4 minutes. LOL

All that matters is getting the win.  AJ/AJ delivered what should have been the win.  If you can't give credit where due, then so be it.

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 04:10 PM)McC Wrote: All that matters is getting the win.  AJ/AJ delivered what should have been the win.  If you can't give credit where due, then so be it.

I did I said he was put in a tough situation and he made some decent plays.

I guess you can't call a spade a spade and admit that 4 turnovers is unacceptable.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 04:12 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: I did I said he was put in a tough situation and he made some decent plays.

I guess you can't call a spade a spade and admit that 4 turnovers is unacceptable.

He didn't have 4 turnovers.  He had 2.  One was a duck that everyone who covered the game admitted was due to a wet football slipping out of his hand.  He didn't throw any ducks after that because he wore a glove, so it should be obvious what happened.

The other turnover he got stripped as soon as he planted his back foot on a dropback and shuffled forward.  Go watch the play and don't make ignorant comments.  He had 3 seconds from the snap of the ball until Jones knocked it out.

His other dropback fumble he tucked the ball against his chest like he was supposed to.

The other fumble was snap related and the center snapped it to the side of his leg.  Commentators acknowledged this too.

It's obvious you have an axe to grind, might be time to get over it and give credit where it's due.

He didn't have 4 turnovers.  You just hate him so much or love Andy so much that you can't be objective.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 03:39 PM)Matt_Crimson Wrote: I want to take a break from all the bad stuff that happened and give a few claps to McCarron and the offense for stepping up in the clutch. McCarron looked pretty bad the first half, but I can't completely fault him for it. The rain really affected us that first half, and caused a few fumbles as well as that lame duck interception. But McCarron and the offense ended up coming around and looked like they couldn't be stopped once the 4th quarter came around. I think this was in part a result of the coaching.

The main hand clap he'll get from me is putting an exclamation point on the fact that there is zero qb controversy in Cincinnati. Mccarron was a shit storm the first half. Second half he was better but With dalton we breeze through that game. At least we have a capable backup qb though,right?

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 04:19 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: The main hand clap he'll get from me is putting an exclamation point on the fact that there is zero qb controversy in Cincinnati. Mccarron was a shit storm the first half. Second half he was better but With dalton we breeze through that game. At least we have a capable backup qb though,right?

Andy Dalton has never had a playoff game with a QB rating higher than McCarron's last night.

How do you say "With Dalton we breeze through that game" if you are objective and realistic about what Dalton has done in the playoffs in his career?
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 04:20 PM)BigSeph Wrote: Andy Dalton has never had a playoff game with a QB rating higher than McCarron's last night.

How do you say "With Dalton we breeze through that game" if you are objective and realistic about what Dalton has done in the playoffs in his career?

This right here.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 04:20 PM)BigSeph Wrote: Andy Dalton has never had a playoff game with a QB rating higher than McCarron's last night.

Get out of here with that garbage. Anyone who thinks we are losing 6-0 at the half with dalton at the helm against Pittsburghs shitty defense is crazy. The defense played their asses off and were rewarded with a 57 yard first half from the Mccarron led offense. Andy was having an mvp type season and we absolutely needed that last night. They just weren't good offensively with Mccarron. Look it up, The numbers don't lie.

Reply/Quote