Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is the John Ross Experiment near its end
(09-21-2020, 10:53 PM)J24 Wrote: Of course it's every one else fault but Burrow.  He misses two guys that were wide ass open but it somehow isn't his fault.

He’s done absolutely nothing in the rest of the two games. Other than try to short arm catches, bobble balls, take penalties, etc.

He’s trash.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-21-2020, 04:24 PM)J24 Wrote: 1.) John Ross had 7 TDs in 2018 and he had 503 yards in 8 games last season which in full 16 game schedule is a 1000 yard received. So saying he hasn't produced is terribly incorrect.

2.) Anyone that thinks John Ross speed doesn't concerned D coordinators is flat out wrong.
It's amazing that Joe Burrow is 1-12 on Deep passes and has averaged a whopping 5.3 yards an attempte his first two games. It's like he is struggling to get in sync with his top deep targets? I wonder why that is?

John Ross was injured his rookie season, he actually played more with Jeff Driskle then Andy Dalton his second season and he scored 7 TDs, and last season he only played 8 games and he was on pace for 1000 yards. 

Ross was never going to be the main guy here. It's clearly AJ #1, Boyd #2, then maybe Ross as third probably 4th option on this team. Him not getting targets and not getting snap's isn't that a big surprise for me.

So we’re telling others it is incorrect to say John Ross hasn’t produced based upon projections?

I’ll make sure I tell my wife the next time she asks, “That’s it?” after sex.

“Well, I projected it to last a lot longer.”
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2020, 11:01 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He’s done absolutely nothing in the rest of the two games. Other than try to short arm catches, bobble balls, take penalties, etc.

He’s trash.

That's not true at all he had a huge Catch on the last drive in the charger game.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2020, 11:23 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: So we’re telling others it is incorrect to say John Ross hasn’t produced based upon projections?

I’ll make sure I tell my wife the next time she asks, “That’s it?” after sex.

“Well, I projected it to last a lot longer.”

Hes produced when he has been on the field.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2020, 11:34 PM)J24 Wrote: Hes produced when he has been on the field.

What are his projections for this year?
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2020, 11:34 PM)J24 Wrote: That's not true at all he had a huge Catch on the last drive in the charger game.

That’s what it’s come to with Ross? Getting excited over a single catch in a game? Not going off for 100+ yds, or multiple TD’s?

Guy was a #9OA pick, and he’s being outplayed by the generic brand Mike Thomas.

Reply/Quote
According to Tyler Dragon Tee Higgins was getting the receiver reps behind AJ and Boyd on Monday's practice. It looks like Higgins has leap frogged John Ross for the #3 receiver.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(09-22-2020, 12:06 AM)Synric Wrote: According to Tyler Dragon Tee Higgins was getting the receiver reps behind AJ and Boyd on Monday's practice. It looks like Higgins has leap frogged John Ross for the #3 receiver.

Thank the gods.

Reply/Quote
(09-22-2020, 12:06 AM)Synric Wrote: According to Tyler Dragon Tee Higgins was getting the receiver reps behind AJ and Boyd on Monday's practice. It looks like Higgins has leap frogged John Ross for the #3 receiver.
 my thread is getting to be mute sounds like the Bengals are starting to move from him .. he dropped to 30% of plays over 60% with Higgins getting more reps in 2nd game and the rookies seems have the offense under control... 
Reply/Quote

Without much of an off-season and no preseason games, that took 2 weeks longer than I thought it would.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2020, 04:24 PM)J24 Wrote: 1.) John Ross had 7 TDs in 2018 and he had 503 yards in 8 games last season which in full 16 game schedule is a 1000 yard received. So saying he hasn't produced is terribly incorrect.

2.) Anyone that thinks John Ross speed doesn't concerned D coordinators is flat out wrong.
It's amazing that Joe Burrow is 1-12 on Deep passes and has averaged a whopping 5.3 yards an attempte his first two games. It's like he is struggling to get in sync with his top deep targets? I wonder why that is?

John Ross was injured his rookie season, he actually played more with Jeff Driskle then Andy Dalton his second season and he scored 7 TDs, and last season he only played 8 games and he was on pace for 1000 yards. 

Ross was never going to be the main guy here. It's clearly AJ #1, Boyd #2, then maybe Ross as third probably 4th option on this team. Him not getting targets and not getting snap's isn't that a big surprise for me.

John Ross' stats through last weekend, 3 years plus 2 games this season.

Games played 26 out of 50 possible.
Receiving yards 733 or 28 yards per game played or 15 yards per game paid to play.
Targets 123 or about 5 per game played.
Catches 51 or 1.8 per game played.
Catch % of 41.5%.

He's had 3 seasons to learn how to play football in the NFL.

Another wr taken in the same draft as Ross now has 224 receptions on 329 targets (68%) for 3,012 yards and 19 TDs. We took the wrong WR.

Ross just ain't living up to being a WR in the NFL.

People seem to be concerned that if he goes elsewhere he might flourish. I say that if he were going to flourish he'd have done so by now. Pride alone would dictate that he'd at least put forth his best effort. Sadly, no one can say that he has.

Reply/Quote
(09-22-2020, 12:07 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Thank the gods.

WhoDey2 Now maybe they can turn their attention to Bobby Hart and make him go away...
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
It wasn't an experiment but rather an expectation. You can stick a fork in Ross, he's done.

The reason he's starting is Mike's MO of making players work for what they are paid to do, whether they are making a difference or not. You get paid, you work. The businessman side of him.

MO = mode of operation
Reply/Quote