Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
AJ Green
Didn't catch the game, but how on earth did this guy get 0 stats in tonight's game? I can't think of any in-game ciricumstances excusing that.

Kliff Kingsbury isn't a scrub. Neither is Kyler. And with Hopkins out that should theoretically open AJ Green up more.

In between this and his flop against GB, I'm wondering if it's time for him to hang it up. Maybe we could make him a Bengal-for-a-day or some kind of instructor/coach.
Reply/Quote
I did not see the game either. If he was not hurt thats a sad goose egg
Reply/Quote
Kyler's stats were terrible, so I'd say QB play was a big part of it.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.azcentral.com/amp/6557873001

Quote: Through the Cardinals' eight possessions, they have had five three-and-outs, two interceptions including a pick-6, 13 passing yards, 27 rushing yards, just three first downs and zero third down conversions in six tries.

Kyler Murray has been sacked twice, and is 7-of-17 passing for just 28 yards.

The Cardinals’ offense had negative yardage half way through the 2nd quarter.
Reply/Quote
Green had a target in the first series on a long pass. Caught but out of bounds. Didn't look like he put a lot of effort into staying in. Higgins would have high pointed it and possibly stayed in.

His second target was mid second quarter. He made a 22 yard catch, the safety came up and hit him in the shoulder, and he dropped it out of bounds. Ruled a catch and fumble, overturned to incomplete. Should have been a catch although Green is noted as going out hurt.

He had one more target incomplete in the fourth quarter. With the injury noted I'll be interested to see how many snaps he played.

Like last year, it just looked like the effort is not there. In the past he looked effortless and that was amazing because he still made plays. Now, it just looks like he's not trying very hard.

Kyler Murray was just abysmal. Sorry to say, but his playoff performance was Dalton-like. I wonder if it will ruin him.
Reply/Quote
They lit AJ Green up on a early catch in the game on a legal vicious hit.

Was ruled catch on field but then was overruled on a challenge and taken away.

Kyler was running for his life most of the night so much that he was rattled too.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2022, 02:58 AM)NotBigzo Wrote: Didn't catch the game, but how on earth did this guy get 0 stats in tonight's game? I can't think of any in-game ciricumstances excusing that.

Kliff Kingsbury isn't a scrub. Neither is Kyler. And with Hopkins out that should theoretically open AJ Green up more.

In between this and his flop against GB, I'm wondering if it's time for him to hang it up. Maybe we could make him a Bengal-for-a-day or some kind of instructor/coach.

The whole  Arizona offense looked terrible. Kyler Murray was terrible trying to hit his targets.

Only saw a bit of the game with AJ Green in, but he seemed to be    playing a lot smaller than I remember him.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2022, 04:14 AM)Roland Wrote: Green had a target in the first series on a long pass.  Caught but out of bounds.  Didn't look like he put a lot of effort into staying in.   Higgins would have high pointed it and possibly stayed in.

His second target was mid second quarter.  He made a 22 yard catch, the safety came up and hit him in the shoulder, and  he dropped it out of bounds.  Ruled a catch and fumble, overturned to incomplete.  Should have been a catch although Green is noted as going out hurt.  

He had one more target incomplete in the fourth quarter.   With the injury noted I'll be interested to see how many snaps he played.  

Like last year, it just looked like the effort is not there.  In the past he looked effortless and that was amazing because he still made plays.  Now, it just looks like he's not trying very hard.

Kyler Murray was just abysmal.  Sorry to say, but his playoff performance was Dalton-like.  I wonder if it will ruin him.

I doubt it's effort, I'd say it's more a father time thing.
Being a Bengals fan is like being in love with a narcissist.  It's a brutal, emotionally abusive relationship but I never leave and just keep making excuses for them.
Reply/Quote
AJ had one particular good game against the Browns earlier in the season, and he did have +800 yards for the year. Not earth-shattering but good. I was at the practice the Bengals had at Welcome Stadium in July, 2019, the one where AJ wrenched his ankle on a divot (the details aren't too clear). Of course, last night the Rams annihilated the Cardinals, with AJ's targets and misses being one symptom of it.

He could be done, or he could have a triumphant comeback next season, but it was really classy of him to recognize what his friends on the Bengals have done this year.
Reply/Quote
AJ was Athletic as hell early on in his career, and I always liked him, but to me, it always seemed when he would make a good play and try to make something happen, he would fumble the ball. Maybe it was just me and he didn’t do it a lot, but I just seem to remember that!
Reply/Quote
He got lit up pretty good. I’d say that had a lot to do with it.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2022, 03:29 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Kyler's stats were terrible, so I'd say QB play was a big part of it.

I did watch, but Kyler didn't have anyone generating much separation.  That being said, when he did have a guy, he missed him big time.  He looked very flustered and accuracy was awful.  

Andy Dalton and Baker Mayfield are sending him flowers.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2022, 03:29 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Kyler's stats were terrible, so I'd say QB play was a big part of it.

Kyler looked lost out there. 
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2022, 04:14 AM)Roland Wrote: Green had a target in the first series on a long pass.  Caught but out of bounds.  Didn't look like he put a lot of effort into staying in.   Higgins would have high pointed it and possibly stayed in.

His second target was mid second quarter.  He made a 22 yard catch, the safety came up and hit him in the shoulder, and  he dropped it out of bounds.  Ruled a catch and fumble, overturned to incomplete.  Should have been a catch although Green is noted as going out hurt.  

He had one more target incomplete in the fourth quarter.   With the injury noted I'll be interested to see how many snaps he played.  

Like last year, it just looked like the effort is not there.  In the past he looked effortless and that was amazing because he still made plays.  Now, it just looks like he's not trying very hard.

Kyler Murray was just abysmal.  Sorry to say, but his playoff performance was Dalton-like.  I wonder if it will ruin him.

Dalton had his down games as Bad Andy, but I don't ever remember him playing that bad. Murray was playing like he was scared to death last night. He looked like a practice squad QB that got thrown into the big game against the wolves. He did not look like he even belonged on that field. Pitiful. The difference between him and Burrow is as much as the difference between fire and water.
Reply/Quote
Regarding the OP question, there isn't any insightful analysis anyone can offer from my perspective because Murray really struggled. He looked completely lost to the point he started panicking at the snap. Donald and Miller were amazing with the pass rush; Von especially looked like the Super Bowl MVP he once was. When Murray's first read wasn't there, he had no idea what to do. Green's lack of stats stem from Murray's bad game.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2022, 02:58 AM)NotBigzo Wrote: Didn't catch the game, but how on earth did this guy get 0 stats in tonight's game? I can't think of any in-game ciricumstances excusing that.

He had a costly drop that lead to a pick 6 the very next play.

I'm just glad I don't have to watch him continually shit the bed in the playoffs for my team anymore. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote

Agree 100% with this. He plays soft now.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Kyler's ankle isn't right same thing happened in 2020. With Hopkins out AJ was asked to be the number 1 he clearly can't be that guy anymore. I still like Chase over prime AJ. I'd take prime AJ over Chad though. Chase is like a combination of Terrel Owens and Jerry Rice. Its a shame AJ never had a QB like Burrow in his prime Dalton held AJ back a bit. He was big time in getting us the lead VS Steelers in playoff game.
Reply/Quote
Ever see the commercial with Murray throwing footballs all over the place, except where they should be going, while wearing the virtual reality googles. Yeah, that, without the goggles.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2022, 10:55 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Ever see the commercial with Murray throwing footballs all over the place, except where they should be going, while wearing the virtual reality googles. Yeah, that, without the goggles.

touché
Reply/Quote