Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
AJ Green
Lordy, AJ. Go back to 2011 and tell people AJ Green would be 0-6 in the post-season. Ouch.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 12:55 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Put Burrow on those teams back then with a young AJ and those good o-lines, Id bet anything there would have been many playoff wins with possible Super Bowls. And AJ would be on his way to Canton.

AJ Green was compared a lot to Larry Fitzgerald most of his career, who would've also killed for Burrow and good Cardinals' rosters his entire career. He's probably going to be a first ballot HOFer when it's all done. 

Would it have been nice if Green had a better QB throwing to him? Sure. . Is it needed?

Unless you think Larry wouldn't be in the fall of hame if not for Kurt Warner and Carson Palmer (I don't think so), then no.
Reply/Quote
AJ will not be a first ballot HOFer. In fact, I doubt he ever makes it into the HOF.
Was he "great" for the Bengals? Sure. Was he "great" by NFL HOF standards? I don't think so.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 12:55 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Put Burrow on those teams back then with a young AJ and those good o-lines, Id bet anything there would have been many playoff wins with possible Super Bowls. And AJ would be on his way to Canton.

Not if Marv is the HC.

He would've put a leash on Burrow, and no QB had success in the bright lights under Marv. Palmer went to the NFC Championship after he left, but under Marv he sucked in both prime time and in the playoff game against the Jets.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 04:55 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Who can ever forget those pre-game speeches? Lets’s have some fun and play together.

The excitement in “playmakers” is more contagious than Covid. I’d run through a wet paper bag for him. Hell, I’d fight a bear for him. Not a grizzly. Or a black bear. Or panda. But, maybe a care bear. Yeah, I’d fight one of those sumbitches. Or I’d take a bullet for him. Not a real bullet. Or a BB. But, maybe a Nerf bullet. Yeah, I’d take one of those MFers for him.

Please list the QBs who had success in prime time and playoffs under Marvin.

Anything else is irrelevant.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 02:44 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Please list the QBs who had success in prime time and playoffs under Marvin.

Anything else is irrelevant.

I can’t. But, the same can be said of any position group under Marvin. However, I thought suggesting I would run through a wet paper bag for Andy instead of a brick wall indicated I was joking.
Reply/Quote
When I saw Garoppolo throw that idiotic interception deep in his own territory during the NFC championship game I immediately thought, “F@&$ing AJ Green’s fault again!”
Reply/Quote
Leave him alone for a bit. Good sport.
https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2022/01/31/aj-green-sends-heartfelt-message-bengals-fans-super-bowl/
Jones sounded off too.
'Pacman' Jones doesn't want Steelers fans jumping on Bengals bandwagon
https://www.thescore.com/news/2289687
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 02:32 PM)Tomkat Wrote: AJ will not be a first ballot HOFer.  In fact, I doubt he ever makes it into the HOF.
Was he "great" for the Bengals?  Sure.  Was he "great" by NFL HOF standards?  I don't think so.

Green and Atkins are HoFers.
Atkins personal accolades gets him in I think, at least. Ditto with Green. 7 pro bowls is 7 pro bowls
Reply/Quote
I do wish AJ/Geno/Gio was around to experience this moment.

Avoiding the MB cheap jokes, but we keep signing these DT's and practice squad players.. Would they get a ring? Players on IR (Ossai)?

I feel like they do, and I feel like in some cases prior players got one too. Maybe someone that was cut id year and signed somewhere else? Signed off practice squad?

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2022, 05:47 PM)CorpusChristiBengal Wrote: Green and Atkins are HoFers.
Atkins personal accolades gets him in I think, at least. Ditto with Green. 7 pro bowls is 7 pro bowls

No one care about probowls or at least they shouldn't.  Voters get it wrong alot.  I.e. Lamar Jackson this year but no Burrow?

Having said that let's see if Chad gets in first.  Career stats aren't so far off.
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2022, 06:06 PM)jj22 Wrote: I do wish AJ/Geno/Gio was around to experience this moment.

Avoiding the MB cheap jokes, but we keep signing these DT's and practice squad players.. Would they get a ring? Players on IR (Ossai)?

Bench players do get rings yeah. I doubt PS. 
Jared Lorenzen (RIP) and David Carr have rings.
Who knows about Geno? It's sad how he flamed out due to injury, anything could happen and apparently there's rumors about it due to the DT injuries
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2022, 05:47 PM)CorpusChristiBengal Wrote: Green and Atkins are HoFers.

If AJ gets in, Chad should already be in.
Both have been in league 11 years (AJ missed a whole season though).
Chad has ~750 more yards.
Chad has 63 more receptions.
AJ has one more TD.
AJ has 7 Pro Bowls to Chad's 6, but Chad has two All-Pros.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I doubt AJ/Geno/Gio would.

But practice squad players do play a key role in preparing the team for these games.....

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2022, 06:08 PM)motoarch Wrote: No one care about probowls or at least they shouldn't.  Voters get it wrong alot.  I.e. Lamar Jackson this year but no Burrow?

Having said that let's see if Chad gets in first.  Career stats aren't so far off.

HoF voters do take pro bowls into account. That and All-Pro selections should get ML era stars like Chad and Willie in.
I think its odd some of the 80s stars and even freaking Paul Brown arent in though.
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2022, 06:15 PM)ochocincos Wrote: If AJ gets in, Chad should already be in.
Both have been in league 11 years (AJ missed a whole season though).
Chad has ~750 more yards.
Chad has 63 more receptions.
AJ has one more TD.
AJ has 7 Pro Bowls to Chad's 6, but Chad has two All-Pros.

Chad and AJ are both HoFers. I was just thinking of the 2010 stars.
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2022, 06:28 PM)CorpusChristiBengal Wrote: Chad and AJ are both HoFers. I was just thinking of the 2010 stars.

I was meaning to say that I doubt AJ gets in because he's too far down the list.
He's 46th in all-time receiving yards. Chad is 37th.
There are 18 receivers ahead of Chad on the list who haven't been inducted into the HoF, so they're likely never getting to AJ.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-01-2022, 06:19 PM)CorpusChristiBengal Wrote: HoF voters do take pro bowls into account.

That's a pretty assumptive statement given an MVP voter just admitted his personal bias in not voting for Aaron Rogers.
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2022, 06:31 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I was meaning to say that I doubt AJ gets in because he's too far down the list.
He's 46th in all-time receiving yards. Chad is 37th.
There are 18 receivers ahead of Chad on the list who haven't been inducted into the HoF, so they're likely never getting to AJ.

I agree now, looking at the statistics Chad's in the HoF zone, but yeah AJ's too far down the list. I think the All-Pro selections make him higher than his stats show as well.
Geno is right in the mix statistically, I would say from the ML era he's the most likely to be a lock as he doesn't even need the pro bowls, all-pro and all-decade selections to get in.
Reply/Quote
The practice squad is not eligible for a SuperBowl ring, but they can receive a ring if their practice squad player contributed to the season.
Reply/Quote