Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
AJ Green
Although Green is something like 3rd all time in YPG, we have to say something is skewed with NFL offenses, look at the top WRs all time - they are all recent.

Now consider Jerry Effing Rice.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2015, 02:14 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Is this part of your "Dalton has no weapons" argument. I thought we put that one to bed a long time ago.

It's clearly self evident that Dalton didn't have very good weapons 3 out of his first 4 years. I mean if he did have weapons why is pretty much every weapon that wasn't playing for us in 2013 other than Green not a starter on a team? Why isn't Simpson, Caldwell, Green-Ellis, Binns, or even Gresham starting or even making the slightest impact on other teams? Oh, that's right, because they're not good.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2015, 04:39 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: It's clearly self evident that Dalton didn't have very good weapons 3 out of his first 4 years. I mean if he did have weapons why is pretty much every weapon that wasn't playing for us in 2013 other than Green not a starter on a team? Why isn't Simpson, Caldwell, Green-Ellis, Binns, or even Gresham starting or even making the slightest impact on other teams? Oh, that's right, because they're not good.

Four wide receivers from 2012 are still on the roster.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2015, 04:45 PM)C0de_M0nkey Wrote: Four wide receivers from 2012 are still on the roster.

and 3 of them didn't start in 2012
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2015, 04:47 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: and 3 of them didn't start in 2012

But three of them did start in 2013 and one of them started from day one. We also had Andrew Hawkins who Put up 800+ yards a year ago, debunking the narrative that Andy didn't have any weapons.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2015, 04:55 PM)C0de_M0nkey Wrote: But three of them did start in 2013 and one of them started from day one. We also had Andrew Hawkins who Put up 800+ yards a year ago, debunking the narrative that Andy didn't have any weapons.

800+ yards for a #1 receiver is pretty horrible tbh. Plus I never said that Dalton didn't have weapons in 2013. I said 3 out of his first 4 years.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2015, 04:18 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Geno Atkins. 
Carlon Dunlap.
Vontaze Burfict.
George Iloka.
Adam Jones.
Tyler Eifert.

All playing top 3-5 at their positions right now. 

Playing and being aren't the same. I missed Atkins and Dulnlap but the rest are not tops in their position.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2015, 04:55 PM)C0de_M0nkey Wrote: But three of them did start in 2013 and one of them started from day one. We also had Andrew Hawkins who Put up 800+ yards a year ago, debunking the narrative that Andy didn't have any weapons.

I can't even follow what you are trying to say.

Dalton did not have many receiving weapons 3 of his first 4 seasons, and he didn't have an efficient running game until last year.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2015, 11:57 AM)PlayerFormerlyKnownAsMousecop Wrote: Curse? That's what it has come to? What are you a Pagan or something...

We caught bad breaks in this game, happens to every team. Get over it. 

I will. As soon as I can trust them to win consistently in primetime. Marvins 3-14 (or whatever it is) record doesn't build trust. Eifert is getting the CC (all he does is catch TD's rep) treatment which isn't a bad thing. But he hasn't shown as well in the last couple primetime games as we'd like an elite TE that is supposed to be mini Gronk to show.

I've never seen him drop passes like he did against Houston. So he is lumped into the "can any of our star players take over a game in primetime to get a win" category for me.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2015, 05:26 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I can't even follow what you are trying to say.

Dalton did not have many receiving weapons 3 of his first 4 seasons, and he didn't have an efficient running game until last year.

You can't follow because it doesn't fit your narrative.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2015, 04:58 PM)Fresno B Wrote: Playing and being aren't the same. I missed Atkins and Dulnlap but the rest are not tops in their position.

This shows that you are either very stupid, or a troll. They are the same...how do you become one of the top players? You play. 

Name me 3 tight ends better than Tyler Eifert?
I'll spot you Gronkowski. Two more.

Name me 3 4-3 WLB better than VB?

Name me 3 CBs playing better than Adam Jones?

Name me 3 S playing better than George Iloka?

Hell I forgot Andrew Whitwort....name me ONE OT who has been better than Andrew Whitworth the last 3 years?  
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2015, 05:26 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I can't even follow what you are trying to say.

Lol. How is that guy even calling Andrew Hawkins a weapon? Andrew Hawkins sucks. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2015, 06:05 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: This shows that you are either very stupid, or a troll. They are the same...how do you become one of the top players? You play. 

Name me 3 tight ends better than Tyler Eifert?
I'll spot you Gronkowski. Two more.

Name me 3 4-3 WLB better than VB?

Name me 3 CBs playing better than Adam Jones?

Name me 3 S playing better than George Iloka?

Hell I forgot Andrew Whitwort....name me ONE OT who has been better than Andrew Whitworth the last 3 years?  

Dude, you do realize that Eiffert is like 7th in the league as a TE in receiving yards, right? And thats not even talking about his pathetic blocking. 

Yeah, the guy is a red zone machine, but lets not act like Eiffert is a modern day Tony Gonzalez. 

I love Eiffert as much as the next guy, but he is vastly overrated on these boards. 

Kelce, Greg Olsen, and Gronk are all better TEs than Eiffert and I would take them on my team over him any day of the week. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2015, 06:29 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Kelce, Greg Olsen, and Gronk are all better TEs than Eiffert and I would take them on my team over him any day of the week. 

The best WR on Olsen's team is Ted Ginn.  If Eifert was playing for the Panthers he would have 100 receptions by now.

And I don't even think the Chiefs have any WRs, do they?
Reply/Quote
AJ Green is a very good WR....nothing more. He is the best WR on our team.....but not elite. My reasons:

1. AJ can make spectacular catches....he will jump, dive, or tiptoe to make a good catch.
2. Does not make the contested catch or or use his body to shield the defender off the ball. Eifert is the best on our team at that.
3. AJ can be covered and shut down by the other teams best DB.
4. Disappears in big games. Not every single one, but often enough for it to be noticeable.
5. Has yet to lay a devastating block on anyone. 5 yrs in, we should have seen 1 or 2 by now.
6. Has cost us games. See the fumble in pittsburgh last season, and the fumble against the texans this season.

I like his humbleness, I am glad he is on our team. But I will not say he is elite, or even that he is a difference maker. DCs can easily take him out of the game as a threat. But given our roster, even that is important because it forces them to use somebody decent to cover him. That leaves somebody else, like Eifert, Jones or Sanu with a not as good player covering them.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2015, 06:43 PM)Beaker Wrote:  DCs can easily take him out of the game as a threat. 

No they can't.  This is getting ridiculous.

I have done the research and posted the numbers.

I now challenge people to give me a list of WRs that have never had a bad game or been limited in some games by good CBs.

Since Green came into the league in 2011 only 3 other WRs have more receiving yards (Megatron, Antonio Brown, and Demaryius Thomas), and these stats do no include the rookie season of any of the other three because they were all in the league before '11.  

Brwon has averaged about 6 more yards per game than Green since 2011, but Green has averaged a yard more per catch than (14.8 to 13.8) and caught 6 more tds (39 to 33) in one less game.  

Thomas's numbers (5909 yards, 14.8 avg, 41 tds) are almost exactly the same as Green's (5722 yds, 14.8 avg, 39 td).

And if you compare Thomas and Brown to Green based on the first 5 years of their careers A.J. blows them both away because Brown only had 167 receiving yards as a rookie and Thomas only 283.

So unless you claim Megatron is the only elite WR in the league you have to admit that Green is in the group of elite WRs.

Claiming that DCs can "easily take him out of the game" is a joke unless you say that about every other WR in the league.
Reply/Quote
Who was the guy who kept getting everyone mad making AC Green threads? LOL I was in the minority I guess and thought it was the funniest thing in the world. LOL
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2015, 06:29 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Dude, you do realize that Eiffert is like 7th in the league as a TE in receiving yards, right? And thats not even talking about his pathetic blocking. 

Yeah, the guy is a red zone machine, but lets not act like Eiffert is a modern day Tony Gonzalez. 

I love Eiffert as much as the next guy, but he is vastly overrated on these boards. 

Kelce, Greg Olsen, and Gronk are all better TEs than Eiffert and I would take them on my team over him any day of the week. 
Kelce is the only viable weapon on his team, so is Olsen.
Gronk is now, also Tom Brady.
You think Olsen or Kelce are better blockers? Laughable. Just laughable. 
Why is he "only" 7th in yards? AJ Green, Marvin Jones, Mohamed Sanu and Gio Bernard...every single one of them takes away from yards that *could* go to Eifert but instead go to them.
We spread the ball around. Eifert is better than Kelce. He is better than Olsen. 
He isn't better than Gronk. 
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2015, 04:45 PM)C0de_M0nkey Wrote: Four wide receivers from 2012 are still on the roster.

(11-24-2015, 04:47 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: and 3 of them didn't start in 2012

Brownshoe just made this up.  He's good for that though.

Tate, Jones, and Sanu started 11 games in 2012.  Let's not act like we were trying out Armon Binns for the entire season.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(11-24-2015, 08:27 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Brownshoe just made this up.  He's good for that though.

Tate, Jones, and Sanu started 11 games in 2012.  Let's not act like we were trying out Armon Binns for the entire season.

They had ~15 reception each in 2012 LOL!!! Man they must have had a HUGE impact in 2012. Hilarious
Reply/Quote