Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
AJ Green
AJ Green is a great receiver. He is easily top 10 and probably top 5 or at least pretty close. I don't care about his peers. I don't need to make comparisons.

When Dalton throws an interception Green's way, I get tired of the alligator arms and the half-assed jogging after the DB. I get tired of him having no clue how to use his body to prevent DBs from undercutting him. I get tired of him watching picks. Take a damn offensive pass interference penalty. That's better than an interception. The reason Dalton throws more picks Green's way isn't solely on Dalton or the amount of attempts he makes to Green. Some of it is that AJ doesn't bail Andy out, ever.

AJ has no desire to turn defender. He won't try to break it up. He'll watch the pick and then jog after the guy with minimal effort.

That's why I have a hard time saying AJ is elite. He has the skillset, he has the potential, but he needs to take the next step as well.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2015, 06:42 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: AJ doesnt have half the heart that Dez does. Dez literally might care about winning and producing more than any player in the NFL, almost to a fault. 

You are confuding "heart" with "emotion".

Green has mor heart than Dez.  he put ion the work necessay to be a top receiver from the first day in the league.  Dez spent more time crying an putting on a show than working onnhis craft.  That is why he could not produce at a high level as a rookie even though he was stepping in to play with an experienced QB instead of a rookie like Green did.

if you want someone squaling on the sidelines then Dez is your man.  If you want a guy with the heart of a grown man then AJ is your guy.
Reply/Quote
2 TD's today - gotta give him credit for that! Glad to see him again!
[Image: d1id.png]
Reply/Quote
Threads like these make me laugh. What do you want to do with Green? Trade him? Cut him? Bench him? We all saw how great our offense was without him in the playoffs last year.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
While he isn't the best WR in the NFL, and at times gets shutdown by elite DBs, he's still one of the best wideouts in the NFL and is a big part of why our offense is so good. People don't realize that even in games he doesn't put up big stats the safeties tend to shade to his side so others can have 1 on 1 matchups.

Wrs like AJ Green don't grow on trees. He has size, quickness, and a catch radius that is outstanding. Instead of people complaining about him not getting 150 yards every game, start appreciating what he brings to the table.
Reply/Quote