Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
AJ Green
(11-20-2015, 11:50 AM)fredtoast Wrote: For his career A.J. Green is #3 all time in NFL history in receiving yards per game (81.8).

Which really means a ton in this age of inflated passing stats. Ninja  Not to mention, I would totally take Antonio Brown's crappy rookie year over AJ's great rookie year if it meant he would be unstoppable for the last three years.

If you could choose your top 3 WRs of all time to be on your team, would you choose AJ?
If you could choose your top 3 WRs of right now to be on your team, would your choose AJ?

My answer is no to both. Guy needs to up his game and finally improve on his weaknesses. He's been pretty much the same WR as when he was drafted.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2015, 02:57 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Which really means a ton in this age of inflated passing stats. Ninja  Not to mention, I would totally take Antonio Brown's crappy rookie year over AJ's great rookie year if it meant he would be unstoppable for the last three years.

If you could choose your top 3 WRs of all time to be on your team, would you choose AJ?
If you could choose your top 3 WRs of right now to be on your team, would your choose AJ?

My answer is no to both. Guy needs to up his game and finally improve on his weaknesses. He's been pretty much the same WR as when he was drafted.
your last statement means is would be an All Pro.. which he has been since in this league... as for Antonio Brown is an great WR with Ben.. without Ben is a good WR, just look at his stats.. I put AJ in top 6 to 8 WRs in the league when you look at his total package.. nothing wrong with that.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2015, 02:57 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote:  I would totally take Antonio Brown's crappy rookie year over AJ's great rookie year if it meant he would be unstoppable for the last three years.

Antonio Brown is not unstoppable.

We shut him down just 3 weeks ago.

Eliminate Browns rookie season and just compare AJ to Brown since '11.  Brown averages about 6 more yards per game, but Green averages a yard more per catch and has more tds in fewer games.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2015, 12:31 AM)Beaker Wrote: He makes his bones against lesser teams with lesser DBs. He has several big games statistically each season. But those don't always match up to the "big" games for the team.

This is not different than any other WR in the league.

I have posted the numbers to prove it.  you just keep ignoring them and make up stuff with nothing to back it up.
Reply/Quote
Last year he had 7 games where he had 80 or more receiving yards. 5 of those games he had 100 or more yards. One game he had over 200 yards.
He had 4 games under 60 yards (not including the Denver game where he was visibly hurt).
Green played in 12 games, including the Denver game.

Dez Bryant had 9 games where he had 80 or more receiving yards. 4 of those games he had 100 or more yards. None with over 200 yards.
Bryant also had 4 games where he had under 60 yards.
Bryant played in all 16 games.

Calvin Johnson had 7 games where he had 80 or more receiving yards. 5 of those games he had 100 or more yards. None with over 200 yards.
Johnson had 6 games where he had under 60 yards.
Johnson played in 13 games. One game he was hurt early on, the other he left in the third quarter.

AJ Green's numbers are pretty much on par with them, even with missing time.

Green is a great player and one of the best. Just because he fumbled in one game does not mean he's not elite. Just means he had a bad moment.
He has more game-winning touchdowns this season than game losing fumbles.

Green is doing extremely well this season, and last year was having a great season, but was derailed by injury.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2015, 03:28 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: your last statement means is would be an All Pro.. which he has been since in this league...

I think you mean Pro Bowl, not All Pro. He's a four time Pro Bowler (shouldn't have been last year, but then neither should have Dalton... Pro Bowl is a joke) and a two time 2nd team All-Pro ('12 and '13). Thing is? Everyone is always getting better in the NFL. New talent floods in and makes waves too. If you're not getting better, you're getting worse because everyone else will pass you by.

Not saying AJ is a bad WR by any means or that he doesn't make the team better. Just saying he's not close to where he could be and doesn't seem terribly interested in getting there. Doesn't take more than two or three disinterested routes or refusals to fight for the ball and allowing an INT to figure that out.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2015, 08:27 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This is not different than any other WR in the league.

I have posted the numbers to prove it.  you just keep ignoring them and make up stuff with nothing to back it up.

Unless you've got a stat for contested vs uncontested receptions your numbers don't really tell the story.
Reply/Quote
Anybody else thinks he looks a little like Eddie Murphy?
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2015, 12:20 AM)Beaker Wrote: Unless you've got a stat for contested vs uncontested receptions your numbers don't really tell the story.

Unless CBs don't contest catches with any other WRs in the league then yes they do.

Again, Green would not be as productive as every other WR in the league if he was that limited.  I have posted stats that prove all of you other claims are false, so you don't really have a lot of credibility at this point.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2015, 10:51 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Unless CBs don't contest catches with any other WRs in the league then yes they do.

Again, Green would not be as productive as every other WR in the league if he was that limited.  I have posted stats that prove all of you other claims are false, so you don't really have a lot of credibility at this point.

"As productive as every other WR in the league" would make him average by your words. I think he is better than average. You seem to have lost track of the fact that in my original assertion I said that Green is very good, just that he cannot yet be considered elite. You somehow think that means I am saying he is no good.

As is well known, stats can be manipulated to support any argument. Heck, Landry Jones got credit for throwing two long yardage TDs against the cardinals, when in reality they were both about 5 yd dump offs which Martavius Bryant took for TDs after the catch. So post all the numbers you want, the eyeball test shows that Green will make great catches on hard to catch throws...as long as the DB isn't up in his grill. Other WRs will make catches with DBs hanging all over them. As far as my credibility on this point, I don't see any other posters hotly debating what I am asserting, or taking your side for that matter. That speaks to credibility....but not mine.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2015, 11:39 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I think you mean Pro Bowl, not All Pro. He's a four time Pro Bowler (shouldn't have been last year, but then neither should have Dalton... Pro Bowl is a joke) and a two time 2nd team All-Pro ('12 and '13). Thing is? Everyone is always getting better in the NFL. New talent floods in and makes waves too. If you're not getting better, you're getting worse because everyone else will pass you by.

Not saying AJ is a bad WR by any means or that he doesn't make the team better. Just saying he's not close to where he could be and doesn't seem terribly interested in getting there. Doesn't take more than two or three disinterested routes or refusals to fight for the ball and allowing an INT to figure that out.

AJ Green is one of the top WR's in the game stats, experts and other players back that statement up... to say he is not even close to where he could be is just incorrect... if you look back at his first year,, his route running is better now so that statement is weak also.... he has been called one of the hardest workers on the team in practice and out of season so again to say he is not working hard at his craft is another weak statement... 
Now does he have weaknesses sure but what even very good to  elite WR's do not have weaknesses.. I watched A. Brown drop a TD pass this year that could have won the game for them.. I watched him disappear in most of the games without Big Ben this year... but he is still an elite WR. 
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2015, 08:27 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This is not different than any other WR in the league.

I disagree as he is a dual threat and when you add in his punt return yardage and TD's he is far different than most elite receivers

As far as AJ, he is a stud, but in my opinion he needs to be more dynamic every play. I think he takes plays off and the all time great WR's like Jerry Rice never did it. I think that is what some fans see and why they feel he fails to produce in some games.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2015, 01:30 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I disagree as he is a dual threat and when you add in his punt return yardage and TD's he is far different than most elite receivers

As far as AJ, he is a stud, but in my opinion he needs to be more dynamic every play. I think he takes plays off and the all time great WR's like Jerry Rice never did it. I think that is what some fans see and why they feel he fails to produce in some games.

This guy gets it.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-28-2015, 01:30 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I disagree as he is a dual threat and when you add in his punt return yardage and TD's he is far different than most elite receivers

Some games you wonder if he's even playing.  That's the problem.
Don't get me wrong, AJ is one of my favorites!  
[Image: d1id.png]
Reply/Quote

Let's not act like other receivers don't do that.

Look at Dez Bryant. Instead of tracking down the first interception (that he could have stopped from making it a TD) he turned around and just jawed with Josh Norman.

That's just a recent example.

It's not like we see Green not running routes. Sometimes we've seen him and Dalton have miscommunications, but it's not like he's not running routes.

I mean, the dude gives it his all. You watch the Denver game last year? Ever see how Green lays himself out for catches Heck, he did EVERYTHING he could to catch that deep pass against Peterson and almost made an amazing catch in the end zone to go up in the final minutes of the game.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2015, 04:16 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Let's not act like other receivers don't do that.

Look at Dez Bryant. Instead of tracking down the first interception (that he could have stopped from making it a TD) he turned around and just jawed with Josh Norman.

That's just a recent example.

It's not like we see Green not running routes. Sometimes we've seen him and Dalton have miscommunications, but it's not like he's not running routes.

I mean, the dude gives it his all. You watch the Denver game last year? Ever see how Green lays himself out for catches Heck, he did EVERYTHING he could to catch that deep pass against Peterson and almost made an amazing catch in the end zone to go up in the final minutes of the game.

AJ doesnt have half the heart that Dez does. Dez literally might care about winning and producing more than any player in the NFL, almost to a fault. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote

This is pretty much spot on. AJ is so soft at times. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
People see the highlights and Sports Center clips of others receivers and compare that to watching and entire Green game. It's silly.

He's a top 10 receiver. It's silly to try and make it like the guy is just showing up for one or two catches a game.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2015, 06:42 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: AJ doesnt have half the heart that Dez does. Dez literally might care about winning and producing more than any player in the NFL, almost to a fault. 

Why? Because Dez has a more outgoing personality than Green does?

That doesn't show heart.

Green playing in that Denver game while being hurt shows heart. Green saying certain losses are on him shows heart. Green continuing to play after getting hurt in the Cardinals game shows heart.

You're talking about outgoing personalities, not heart.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2015, 06:08 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Why? Because Dez has a more outgoing personality than Green does?

That doesn't show heart.

Green playing in that Denver game while being hurt shows heart. Green saying certain losses are on him shows heart. Green continuing to play after getting hurt in the Cardinals game shows heart.

You're talking about outgoing personalities, not heart.

I agree with this....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote